Photo

What do you expect from Nintendo in 2020?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Or what about this...

Wii3

hmmm.jpg

What do you think...

Looks sweet doesnt it! I wish Nintendo could see it and it could give them some ideas for there next gen console, because Wii U, PS4 and Xbox one are now current gen!

Edited by Kyle1503, 24 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#22 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

I do think they should use a new name.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#23 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

I like the Wii name

#24 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Or what about this...

Wii3

attachicon.gifhmmm.jpg

What do you think...

Looks sweet doesnt it! I wish Nintendo could see it and it could give them some ideas for there next gen console, because Wii U, PS4 and Xbox one are now current gen!

A Microsoft Office retail box. No, thank you?

microsoft-office-outlook-2010.jpg

I like the Wii name

Me too, and so does my mother. She even thinks that Wii U is a "happy" name. Signs of a turning point on consumer awareness? :P

Edited by Arkhandar, 24 November 2013 - 03:30 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#25 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

I have a vague suspicion that video games will be made.

Really? The same industry that makes double the movie industry? The industry many people keep coming back too and nearly worship? You are quite mistaken kid

Signature_DK.png

#26 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

If Iwata's still there, he will probably try to acquire Namco Bandai (again, like back in 2003) to expand Nintendo's IPs to the entertainment and merchandise market. Imagine instead of the Bandai Channel, having an high quality Nintendo Channel worldwide, with beautifully crafted animated series and other shows.  :wub: Making already strong IPs even stronger. 

Nintendo education tablets and audio guides for museums should also be mainstream by then. It's a great marketing strategy to cater new costumer, especially in the educational scene.

As for gaming, business as usual I suppose. Nintendo wants two consoles, so they'll have two consoles (which is a good thing). But I image that by then, we will have the same look for handhelds and home console: same OS, shared accounts, shared Virtual Console, video chat to Nintendo consoles and smart devices, and all of that. Maybe a Nintendo TVii box, you never know.

There's so much room to expand even further, the sky's the limit. Leave luck to heaven. ;)

Edited by Arkhandar, 28 November 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

A cloud tablet.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

Really? The same industry that makes double the movie industry? The industry many people keep coming back too and nearly worship? You are quite mistaken kid

?

#29 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

A cloud tablet.

Named "ThunderStorm"? Or maybe "fork, I'm all wet!"

Posted Image

#30 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

• All games will be digitally downloaded ( :( ).

Just my wish list. Do you guys want any of this too?

I think hard copies of games will be around for a long time to come. Remember the psp go? remember how the ended? http://www.gamesrada...usands-just-14/

Your wish list has something that makes you sad on it? XD

maymoto (i have no idea how its spelled, hopefully it sounds close enough)

Miyamoto is the correct spelling :)

What you wrote would be pronounced "mai"amoto :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#31 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

Wii 3 wouldn't work.  The problem is that the PlayStation name has been around the longest and it doesn't look good to have a lower number than a competitor.   Hence why Xbox couldn't go with Xbox 3 this time around.  PlayStation 4 sounds more advanced than Xbox 3 (and PlayStation 5 would sound loads better than Wii 3) even if they're really the same gen.

Edited by kokirii, 29 November 2013 - 09:06 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#32 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Wii 3 wouldn't work.  The problem is that the PlayStation name has been around the longest and it doesn't look good to have a lower number than a competitor.   Hence why Xbox couldn't go with Xbox 3 this time around.  PlayStation 4 sounds more advanced than Xbox 3 (and PlayStation 5 would sound loads better than Wii 3) even if they're really the same gen.

Call it the Nintendo System 8 (or whatever number they're up to).

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#33 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Yeak i like Nintendo Entertainment System 8. NES8 rolls off of the toungue fine, and it brings back having Nintendo in the name.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#34 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Something tells me they'll abandon the DS and Wii lines next-gen. But if they don't, don't be surprised to see a Wii Q or a UDS.

Edited by Arkhandar, 29 November 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Without reading anyone else's posts I expect there to be a Wii Fusion console which is basically a supped up DS between 2017 and 2019. Which acts both as a home console AND handheld which you can use the Wii U gamepad and Wii remotes when playing on the television. No longer will Nintendo have a separate console. However it better be 4k. Or at least 2k to upscale to 4k. Because by 2019 4k TVs will be much cheaper roughly over 30-40% of the population will at least own a 2k to 4k television 

#36 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Without reading anyone else's posts I expect there to be a Wii Fusion console which is basically a supped up DS between 2017 and 2019. Which acts both as a home console AND handheld which you can use the Wii U gamepad and Wii remotes when playing on the television. No longer will Nintendo have a separate console. However it better be 4k. Or at least 2k to upscale to 4k. Because by 2019 4k TVs will be much cheaper roughly over 30-40% of the population will at least own a 2k to 4k television 

Oh god, please no. I like my handheld consoles the way they are.

Posted Image

#37 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Not to mention it'd add complexity. The 3DS simply can't compare to the power of the Wii U, and any attempt of a handheld would be an unweidly monster, not including the batterry. And you're asking for 4k, which I believe the highest end PC video cards struggle on.

#38 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

I'm fine with 1080p, as long as my TV doesn't go beyond 52 inches. 4K in homes is superfluous imo

Posted Image

#39 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:07 AM

Not to mention it'd add complexity. The 3DS simply can't compare to the power of the Wii U, and any attempt of a handheld would be an unweidly monster, not including the batterry. And you're asking for 4k, which I believe the highest end PC video cards struggle on.

This is 2019, not 2013....Average PCs will be able to do 4k easily.

However I have a new conspiracy! 

The DS (through all its regenerations) had a shelf life of 7 years before it was replaced by the 3DS which means in 2011 it will be 2018 before I see the next gen handheld. Nintendo home consoles have an average life of 5 years (Wii being the exception), and in 5 years it will be 2018. Nintendo have recently merged their handheld and home console departments.

AND with mobile devices soon to surpass the PS4 and XBO in power in 5 to 7 years time - and with mobile devices being able to already doc into your TV I hypothesise that Nintendo will only come out with a handheld system capable of both being an exceptional handheld gaming device rivaling the mobile market, BUT an adequate home console more than capable of rivaling the PS4 and XBO. The only thing is that I'm not sure of is the power, it'll be relatively cheap, but by today's standards it will be far more powerful than one could imagine having in a handheld device in 2013.

I'm hoping for a 2k system that can upscale to 4k, or that Nintendo can push the hardware to run in 4k but third parties would struggle to do due to the market for 4kTVs being increasingly popular by 2018. But more likely it'll only be a 1080p 60fps machine that everyone will laugh at for being under-powered. With everyone saying "Hello, and Welcome to 2013" even though it'll clearly use AMD GPUs invented in 2015/2016 miniaturised and modified to add extra oomf and use less power, of course it will use a modified multi-core espresso CPU :P

Edited by Penguin101, 04 December 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#40 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

I don't expect anything from a video game company in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!