• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

My main TV basically broke and I now have to play my PS4 on a smaller 720P TV which has a bit of fuzz to it, probably because of the 720P. I don't have the money to buy a replacement TV, so I was wondering, should I go for the last resort and sell my Wii U and games to afford a new TV to game comfortable on what is barely my favorite system, and one that I have a load of games for, the PS4?

Edited by Amnesia, 07 December 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#2 zealduke

zealduke

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • NNID:Zealduke

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

no, that sounds stupid

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

no, that sounds stupid

I already sold my 3DS XL and am not regretting it. I have to say that giving up the Wii U, my second favorite system, might make me regret it, but the TV I'm using now is driving me crazy.

#4 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

sell your ps4

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

sell your ps4

It'd make more money for a TV than a Wii U would, but I'm not selling something I just bought and have had replaced to get a working system (the PS4). The Wii U and the PS4 are both good systems. However, with the Wii U you have to have a larger imagination to say that it has a good future than you do the PS4.

I run the potential of upsetting a few people by saying this, but remember, I'm just trying to discuss - this is open to discussion and that is its purpose.

So the general consensus is play my PS4 on a crappy TV, and let my Wii U collect dust until Christmas time when I could maybe afford another game for it? (no one in the family is buying me a TV) And just be stuck with this TV until money falls out of the sky?

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

Wait it out.

You won't get full price for the system and you won't be able to replace save data.

And the tvs are dropping on prices so just save up and your be able to get something good.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

Sell your Wii U then close your account here so people don't accuse you of trolling 6 months from now when you said watch dogs should be exclusive.

What's wrong with a 720p tv? Having said that, 1080p tv's go for 2-300 euro here pretty often, also there's boxing day and January sales still.
Save as much as you can and wait for a sale and you might get the best of both.
Are you American or what?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

It'd make more money for a TV than a Wii U would, but I'm not selling something I just bought and have had replaced to get a working system (the PS4). The Wii U and the PS4 are both good systems. However, with the Wii U you have to have a larger imagination to say that it has a good future than you do the PS4.

I run the potential of upsetting a few people by saying this, but remember, I'm just trying to discuss - this is open to discussion and that is its purpose.

So the general consensus is play my PS4 on a crappy TV, and let my Wii U collect dust until Christmas time when I could maybe afford another game for it? (no one in the family is buying me a TV) And just be stuck with this TV until money falls out of the sky? 

sell your soul 

It'd make more money for a TV than a Wii U would, but I'm not selling something I just bought and have had replaced to get a working system (the PS4). The Wii U and the PS4 are both good systems. However, with the Wii U you have to have a larger imagination to say that it has a good future than you do the PS4.

So the general consensus is play my PS4 on a crappy TV, and let my Wii U collect dust until Christmas time when I could maybe afford another game for it? (no one in the family is buying me a TV) And just be stuck with this TV until money falls out of the sky? 

sell your soul 

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Sell your PS4 to me. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Sell your PS4, WiiU and 720p Tv. Use the money to buy a Xbox One, maybe two/more if you have enough money. Now realize that you can't play the X1(s) without a Tv. So sell your X1(s) and use the money to buy the best Tv you can find for that money.

Now wth are you doing with a Tv with nothing to watch/play? Tablets are the future! Sell your Tv and use the money to buy some ice cream and eat it on the beach while watching the sunset.

Now get a boyfriend/girlfriend and get married, get 4-5 kids and murder them in a bathtub. Now you are ON a 1080p Tv! Several actually.

- End rant. 

Edited by Xef, 08 December 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Honestly? Try craigslist or any local classifieds I found an old 51" RPTV for $80, and it still works perfectly.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

It'd make more money for a TV than a Wii U would, but I'm not selling something I just bought and have had replaced to get a working system (the PS4). The Wii U and the PS4 are both good systems. However, with the Wii U you have to have a larger imagination to say that it has a good future than you do the PS4.

So the general consensus is play my PS4 on a crappy TV, and let my Wii U collect dust until Christmas time when I could maybe afford another game for it? (no one in the family is buying me a TV) And just be stuck with this TV until money falls out of the sky?

If you're so convinced selling the Wii U is what you want to do why ask anyone else? If you don't think you'll play it and you want a better tv to get the PS4 then just do that.

#13 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

Terra, just get rid of the Wii U. You obviously are looking for acceptance for a decision you've already made. DO IT!!!

Also, You're my favorite character EVAR.

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

wait till you have enough money for a 1080p TV.

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

It looks like I'm not going to be trading my Wii U after all. Some time after posting this, I started to feel bad about the idea of trading my Wii U in and worked out that I could trade my Ouya and 4 of my 6 PS4 games for a new TV. However, my mom stepped in and wouldn't let me, saying that I'd be missing out on too much fun by trading my Ouya in and that a good TV wasn't that important. And if she doesn't let me trade an Ouya, she definitely won't let me trade a Wii U.

#16 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:43 AM

Get a job?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!