Photo

Nintendo PR for November 2013 sales. Wii U slightly over 220k.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Upwards of 35 Million
Americans tend to leave out other countries when talking.

Wait a minute. .. a report on American sales only talking about American sales. What is the world coming to.

Though on a side note I think European sales for the same time were 3. Total. Or close to it.

Which could be why no one cares to report it.

Edited by Dharmanator, 13 December 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Wait a minute. .. a report on American sales only talking about American sales. What is the world coming to.

Though on a side note I think European sales for the same time were 3. Total. Or close to it.

Which could be why no one cares to report it.

Zinix is terrible at linking and making threads which clearly explain things because he just copy pastes things and the board makes them look ugly as Wii.
So, some people may not know it's an American talking about American-only sales, as I clarified.

We don't know European sales because the market is so fractured, we have UK numbers from Chart-Track, but they're not widely reported on monthly like NPD results in America, or Media-Create in Japan.
http://www.game.co.u...4&storeId=10151
Here's Game's hardware sales chart.
Wii U, Ps3, 3DS, 360, psv lol, wii u, 3ds, ps3, 360, psv lol

http://www.nintendo....sales_e1309.pdf
As of September 30th 2013
3DS
Japan 13.3 Million
The Americas 11.4 Million
Other 10.2 Million

Edited by Nollog, 13 December 2013 - 06:56 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

I thought I read that European Wii U sales was at like 150, 000 for its first year and the PS4 did 240, 000 in the first 24 hours.

Maybe that is off. But if that is true. ..

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

well if you believe some rumor numbers going around the Wii U could sell as much as up to 500,00 in december. We will see. but Nintendo is in a crazy place. i really cant see what MK8 does for this console if anything. i mean the last games sold 30 million copies. either way as far as GAMES go for 2014 i am over the moon for Wii u and IMO its lineup can stand toe to toe with xb1/ps4. MK8, DKTF, X, Smash, Bayo 2, Fast Neo, Watchdogs(yeah i know its Ubi), Project Cars, and Zelda yep i maybe one of the few but i think they have no choice but to make sure Zelda U is ready for Holiday 2014. Sprinkle in about 5 good e-shop games and my Wii U is going to get a lot of play in 2014 and the excitment is good.

#25 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

Well numbers are all over the place for Nov 2013 NA sales (as Nintendo haters are on damage control trying to down the system moreso than what it really sold) the lowest being 220K up to 280K in some sites (some still think the Wii U sold 80K in Oct...I am a bit more realistic thinking 55K-60K than the lowest number 50K).  I personally think the Wii U sold 240K units after reading all sites and taking into account that VGC had the system selling 87K units(they've been on the ball lately with their Nintendo hardware except for that blimp for this November for the 3DS/2DS); so it is possible it sold higher but it's good to be on the low side.  That being said the system jumped 4.5x the number from Oct 2013 to Nov 2013 and that is a very positive thing.  The total number (240K) maybe not be great but it could have done worse!!!  It was going up against 3 major launches of 2DS, X1, and PS4 and it manage to end higher than most haters *ahem* Patcher *ahem* predicted (sub 100K to 150K sales).  It could be worse they could have had a 70K sales like the PS Vita and Sony fanboys haven't given up on that one!!!

The Wii U will most definitely end up with at least double the November 2013 sales.  If it does more it could outsell both the PS4 and X1 that month (won't that be a sight to behold) as inventories for those system maybe running a little low to produce more than 500K consoles for the North American market alone.  If Japan sells well and all indications point to it, and EU doesn't flounder; Wii U could sell 800K to 1mil units worldwide this Christmas.  The next NPD should show Wii U selling at least 480K units (my prediction 520K units) easily.  Just check out the retail stores and you could see Wii U had just picked up steam especially their Skylanders Wii U bundle (which is sold out almost everywhere here in East Bay, CA.).

#26 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Well numbers are all over the place for Nov 2013 NA sales (as Nintendo haters are on damage control trying to down the system moreso than what it really sold) the lowest being 220K up to 280K in some sites (some still think the Wii U sold 80K in Oct...I am a bit more realistic thinking 55K-60K than the lowest number 50K).  I personally think the Wii U sold 240K units after reading all sites and taking into account that VGC had the system selling 87K units(they've been on the ball lately with their Nintendo hardware except for that blimp for this November for the 3DS/2DS); so it is possible it sold higher but it's good to be on the low side.  That being said the system jumped 4.5x the number from Oct 2013 to Nov 2013 and that is a very positive thing.  The total number (240K) maybe not be great but it could have done worse!!!  It was going up against 3 major launches of 2DS, X1, and PS4 and it manage to end higher than most haters *ahem* Patcher *ahem* predicted (sub 100K to 150K sales).  It could be worse they could have had a 70K sales like the PS Vita and Sony fanboys haven't given up on that one!!!

The Wii U will most definitely end up with at least double the November 2013 sales.  If it does more it could outsell both the PS4 and X1 that month (won't that be a sight to behold) as inventories for those system maybe running a little low to produce more than 500K consoles for the North American market alone.  If Japan sells well and all indications point to it, and EU doesn't flounder; Wii U could sell 800K to 1mil units worldwide this Christmas.  The next NPD should show Wii U selling at least 480K units (my prediction 520K units) easily.  Just check out the retail stores and you could see Wii U had just picked up steam especially their Skylanders Wii U bundle (which is sold out almost everywhere here in East Bay, CA.).

Yes i agree i didnt care for November numbers i want to see what December brings. If it is 500k or close that would be a good start but then what would january bring. Can the console now sustain a close to 100k ish a month type sells for all 2014? they need to bring those 2014 hitters out close to each other and savr Zelda U for holiday 2014.

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

I thought I read that European Wii U sales was at like 150, 000 for its first year and the PS4 did 240, 000 in the first 24 hours.

Maybe that is off. But if that is true. ..

Oh, you were talking about the Wii U when the rest of us were taking about the 3DS selling 10 mil in the US alone and 35 mil in the world.

From the same pdf:

Wii U
Japan 1.15 million
The Americas 1.75 million
Other 1.01 million

funnily,
FY3/2014
Apr.-Sept.
'13
Apparently Nintendo sold -10,000 Wii U consoles.
Yes, they either gave away or lost or something, 10,000 consoles in April to September of 2013 in Europe/rest of world.

Also, what you read was from CVG, they're tabloid level. Official figures aren't out yet, and again they only deal with UK numbers, because they're British.
As I've said before, the PSV and PSP sell pretty well in the UK, anything with hype and can be seen as a powerful gadget gets sales there, they are a bad representative of the entire European region because of that.

Edited by Nollog, 14 December 2013 - 06:44 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

Well, you can add one to the Dec. numbers.  I bought the Wind Waker bundle on Dec. 1st.  I couldn't pass it up- wanted a second one for when I go to my mom's and she can use it to play Scribblenaughts, watch netfix....

#29 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

Oh, you were talking about the Wii U when the rest of us were taking about the 3DS selling 10 mil in the US alone and 35 mil in the world.

From the same pdf:

Wii U
Japan 1.15 million
The Americas 1.75 million
Other 1.01 million

funnily,
FY3/2014
Apr.-Sept.
'13
Apparently Nintendo sold -10,000 Wii U consoles.
Yes, they either gave away or lost or something, 10,000 consoles in April to September of 2013 in Europe/rest of world.

Also, what you read was from CVG, they're tabloid level. Official figures aren't out yet, and again they only deal with UK numbers, because they're British.
As I've said before, the PSV and PSP sell pretty well in the UK, anything with hype and can be seen as a powerful gadget gets sales there, they are a bad representative of the entire European region because of that.

Yeah. Sorry. I get caught up on Wii U on Wii U boards.

I am very glad the 3ds sells well. It is a great handheld.

I do hope the Wii U picks up.

I just don't see it. But it is a good system.

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yeah. Sorry. I get caught up on Wii U on Wii U boards.

Yeah, and some people were just commenting on 90% of the article which was about the 3DS.
Such racists :(

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, and some people were just commenting on 90% of the article which was about the 3DS.
Such racists :(

Consolists?

#32 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

According to VgChartz, Wii U lifetime sales are on 4.5 million, half of what Nintendo have forecast for end of March next year. 3DS meanwhile has sold 40.5 million, quite a lot.

worldwide_totals.png?a=514

Dunno what the percentages mean...

% of market share sold aka out of all next gen consuls sold wiiU makes up 51% while Xbox1 makes up 21%, same carriers over to handhelds.

as for wiiU's sold, going off the 220k US number, im guessing around 300-350k world wide, thats with around 60-90k from japan and around 20-50k for other.  nice to see it isnt dead.

#33 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

According to VgChartz, Wii U lifetime sales are on 4.5 million, half of what Nintendo have forecast for end of March next year. 3DS meanwhile has sold 40.5 million, quite a lot.

worldwide_totals.png?a=514

Dunno what the percentages mean...

VGchartz is total bull snot. They just guess and are always way way way off.

Edited by Ryudo, 18 December 2013 - 07:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!