Photo

Nintendo PR for November 2013 sales. Wii U slightly over 220k.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Nintendo Hardware Sales Increase by 100 Percent, Nintendo 3DS Surpasses 10 Million

Two games that are among the best reviewed of 2013 launched on Nov. 22: Super Mario 3D World for Wii U and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for Nintendo 3DS. The strong response to these games helped sales of Nintendo hardware systems in November increase by 100 percent over the month prior. This includes nearly 770,000 units of the Nintendo 3DS family, which drove the lifetime total past 10 million to nearly 10.5 million units. Other sales milestones achieved for the month include:

Nintendo 3DS Family of Systems

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y each sold more than 225,000 combined digital and physical units in their second month on the market. This brought the combined life-to-date total to more than 2.35 million units. On Dec. 4, Nintendo revealed special edition Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Nintendo 2DS bundles that should keep the games’ momentum going through the holidays and into 2014.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, the sixth Nintendo 3DS title to have a Metacritic score of 90 or higher, sold more than 280,000 combined digital and physical units. That figure jumps to more than 405,000 total units when including the special edition Zelda-themed Nintendo 3DS XL system, which comes with a code to download the game.

A handful of first-party Nintendo 3DS titles saw triple-digit sales percentage increases in November over sales in October. This includes standout 2013 titles such as Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (seventh month on market; 140 percent increase) and Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (ninth month; 105 percent increase), and legacy titles such as Paper Mario: Sticker Star (13th month; 280 percent increase), Mario Kart 7 (23rd month; 130 percent increase) and Super Mario 3D Land (24th month; 235 percent increase).
Wii U

Sales of Wii U hardware increased by more than 340 percent over sales in October.

Super Mario 3D World for Wii U, currently the highest-rated next-generation title with a Metacritic score of 94, sold more than 215,000 combined digital and physical units in its first eight days on the market.

“This holiday season, Nintendo is offering an unparalleled combination of value and variety,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of sales and marketing. “In looking at these results, two things are indisputable: Our hardware is gaining momentum at the exact right time and our software catalog is stronger than ever.”

*Data regarding physical sales of games in November are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo’s internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.

Higher than Patcher's predictions. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

Higher than Patcher's predictions. 

YEAH! Take that Pachter! 

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

This is still bad. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Nintendo 3DS Surpasses 10 Million

This includes nearly 770,000 units of the Nintendo 3DS family, which drove the lifetime total past 10 million to nearly 10.5 million units

o_e

3DS is way higher than 10 million...

Upwards of 35 Million

#5 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

DAMN! This is sad.... Welp looks like wiiu is set to be the next gamecube. I have been optimistic throughout this journey so far, but it seems like this can't be turned around. I think this might be the shortest generation we will ever experience.  ):

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

This includes nearly 770,000 units of the Nintendo 3DS family, which drove the lifetime total past 10 million to nearly 10.5 million units

o_e

Upwards of 35 Million

In America. 

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Zelda lbtw sold 405k.

People are sick and tired of all the damn simplistic platformers Nintendos been shoving down our throats non stop.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

o_e

Upwards of 35 Million
Americans tend to leave out other countries when talking. 

Zelda lbtw sold 405k.

People are sick and tired of all the damn simplistic platformers Nintendos been shoving down our throats non stop.

You seem to be.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

This is still bad. 

I know, but Pachter was wrong.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#10 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Great numbers. Close to a million hardware sales between 3DS and WiiU. Now If the WiiU could just start scratching Japan 3DS numbers...

Edited by Portal, 12 December 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

Great numbers. Close to a million hardware sales between 3DS and WiiU. Now If the WiiU could just start scratching Japan 3DS numbers...

Portal meltdown.

#12 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Pachter being wrong on his predictions, who would've thought. And he questions why Iwata is employed.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#13 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Slowly it will get there wiiu I have hope for ya.

#14 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

Oh dear WiiU.

Never mind looks like I'll get a couple more years out of it so worth the purchase imo.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#15 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

I still think that the Wii U will sell more units than the GC and N64. Call me delusional if you will, but I think it will be fine. 

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

As much as it pains me, 220Kish for Wii U was bound to happen. 215Kish for Super Mario 3D World was also bound to happen. Although the last part could have been better.

You go through a year with basically no games, a good title here and there... where`s the momentum? The price drop? For a console with no appeal or games, it wears off quickly.

Add to that brand confusion that only now is being adressed, lack of marketing/ads for most of the year.

Add to that they hype behind PS4 and XB1.

And this is what you get:  220K in November; 215K for Super Mario 3D World.

By looking at this numbers, a bad December is to be expected aswell.
I do hope that 2014 can be what 2013 never was, because if it can`t...

Iwata said that depending on holiday sales a change of strategy might be taken. Start making one right now! Especially if it envolves redesigning Wii U look, logo and whatnot.

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:14 AM

dd1.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#18 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

These numbers are US only, but since America thinks it's the only country in the world it was not mentioned clearly.
No sig.

#19 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

not once does it actually say the Wii U's numbers on there except for percentages. Mostly because the NPD doesn't put out numbers, including those from October. So the Wii U's ACTUAL November sales are unknown for everyone but Nintendo. Can't exactly say it sold 220K when you're missing important parts of the equation

#20 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

According to VgChartz, Wii U lifetime sales are on 4.5 million, half of what Nintendo have forecast for end of March next year. 3DS meanwhile has sold 40.5 million, quite a lot.

worldwide_totals.png?a=514

Dunno what the percentages mean...

Bring the noise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!