Photo

Should Zelda have their own line sports game

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Zelda have their own line sports game (29 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think?

1. Yes (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

2. No (26 votes [89.66%])

Percentage of vote: 89.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

Zelda Racing would be fun. I can see it happening... somehow.

I mean, the Running Man would be the final boss.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#22 Mad Man

Mad Man

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

First thought? Honestly? **** OFF.

Then I thought, actually no... tha- no, no, it really is a terrible idea. Archery? That can go in the main games (And already is). Racing? Is the running man not enough? Tennis? Please lord no. Dancing Stage Zelda Mix!? As a Zelda fan, you should be ashamed for even suggesting such a ridiculous idea. Zelda is a hardcore Nintendo series, Mario on the other hand, is really suited for casual sports games. Zelda sports games? Ugh, what's next? A Metroid-based life sim?

Edited by Mad Man, 27 October 2011 - 04:57 AM.

#23 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

Only if it suits a Zelda game, maybe Fencing, sword fighting, Crossbow, and Horseback/boat/bird riding. But anything else dosen't really suit it at all and than I will have to say no.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#24 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

i really see no reason for anyone to get rude/angry about a simple suggestion cough madman cough. this is a respectful forum, we don't want to get a reputation for criticizing simple ideas, or else people won't feel comfortable here.

Either way the difference between mario and zelda is that mario games have always taken him to all kinds of different situations eg: board games (mario party), racing, tennis, space (galaxy) and many more, thats the idea of mario, he's suited to every situation, zelda on the other hand doesnt work like that.
Posted Image

#25 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

i really see no reason for anyone to get rude/angry about a simple suggestion cough madman cough. this is a respectful forum, we don't want to get a reputation for criticizing simple ideas, or else people won't feel comfortable here.

Either way the difference between mario and zelda is that mario games have always taken him to all kinds of different situations eg: board games (mario party), racing, tennis, space (galaxy) and many more, thats the idea of mario, he's suited to every situation, zelda on the other hand doesnt work like that.

I don't care if people hate me for suggesting this topic (they are just internet people, its not like I know them or something)

and plus its true what you said bout Mario, but the idea was good at the time and I don't think Nintendo will ever make side Zelda games, because y'know mario is the icon of Nintendo (so people know him more)
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#26 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Only if it suits a Zelda game, maybe Fencing, sword fighting, Crossbow, and Horseback/boat/bird riding. But anything else dosen't really suit it at all and than I will have to say no.

I agree with this. Only if it fits the game. No unicorn-dancing-basketball with Link on the unicorn stuff.

Honestly, I didn't want to hurt feelings. Sorry if I did. :blush:
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#27 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

I honestly don't like the idea, it doesn't suit the series.

Besides, it would be used by haters A LOT.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#28 Mad Man

Mad Man

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

Honestly, I didn't want to hurt feelings. Sorry if I did. :blush:

I think we was talking to me :P

I do apologize, but I felt speaking the truth was the right course of action at the time. Honestly, if these 'sports' can't fit into the main game, they shouldn't be there at all.

#29 Randomite

Randomite

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:00 AM

No, Nintendo are doing well enough with their Mario spin offs...What would be the benefit of creating two of the same sport game and just changing the name from Mario to Zelda...However if hyperthetically they opted to make Zelda sports games differant to the Mario series then maybe it could work.

No, Nintendo are doing well enough with their Mario spin offs...What would be the benefit of creating two of the same sport game and just changing the name from Mario to Zelda...However if hyperthetically they opted to make Zelda sports games differant to the Mario series then maybe it could work.

#30 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

Nope. The only upside I could see is Link having a badass tennis grunt.
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#31 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Yes and no, yes because they always run around, and no because they just aren't that good withh technology.

by chance

#32 CBNS

CBNS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:49 PM

Only Zelda sport i can think is fishing. It's awesome add for Zelda Adventure games but i wouldn't personally buy a game where you can only catch fishes.

#33 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

my mum always told me there are no stupid questions just stupid people……ill leave it at that

#34 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

fishes.

fishes.

fishes.

----------------------------
----------------------------

my mum always told me there are no stupid questions just stupid people……ill leave it at that

Posted Image

Edited by Weeaboo Wombat, 04 December 2011 - 01:52 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#35 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

Look at my nintendo sega sports thread and see if you like my idea.

#36 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

No. The Legend of Zelda series just doesn't fit well with the sports atmosphere.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#37 ptalecz

ptalecz

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

Isn't crossbow training a sports game? Maybe something like fishing, hunting and sword fighting will fit

#38 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

No, it would be really boring and it would just ruin the feel and the style of a true Legend of Zelda game. Besides, there are not much things you can do without it being boring after awhile. Fishing, and archery. I think that about sums it up.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!