AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

because they are trying to cater to the Japanese audience as usual. As a gamer that lives in the US that game announcment did nothing for me and LOZ is my favorite gaming series of all time. Seriously japanese audience gets monster hunter, bravely default, Dragon Quest.... What big Western franchises are western gamers getting? I know some will look at Batman AO, ACIV, and COD and say what am i talking about. Seriously though i have no current sports game to play on my Wii U the biggest third party game of them all GTA hasnt graced a nintendo home console EVER. Are they even trying? I know i am nitpicking but try more with western devs unless both sides have givenup on each other.

I think generally ninty fans enjoy more japanese games than western games. So imo ninty should focus on securing japanese games rather than looking into more western style games.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#102 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

grahamf, on 19 Dec 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:
Who says it has to be canon? And maybe they'll modify the character so it's less like Link and more like a Warrior in the hero's garb.

Oh it doesnt have to be, and I dont think its going to be canon so much as its attempting to use under utilized canon. Considering series lore has several massive wars talked about several times, but never depicted in game because of hardware restraints, and dw is basically an action version of romance of the three kingdoms, its very highly likely this will end up being the case as an untold tale of one of hyrules great wars. Might even end up being about twilight princess' Hero Shade. Its a fun little dabble in series lore, without having the pressures of having to be a 'proper' Zelda.

Removing link would be extremely unlikely.

Of course, Im not expecting anything amazing from this, other than a good time, technically they have already probably goofed using skyward swords bokoblins. Those were created by the dark master sword ghirahim, and as such took on manifestations of his... eccentric personality, hence things like the standard oni turned on its head tongue in cheek design... and leopard pattern thongs...

So, similar to silent hill when you have pyramid head without James, if the G-mans not making those minions, they shouldnt look like that.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#103 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

So... am I the only one who is completely sold on NES Remix? It's a great game!

It looks like a NES themed Wario minigames game. I've only played Shake-It so i don't know what they are like.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#104 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

It looks like a NES themed Wario minigames game. I've only played Shake-It so i don't know what they are like.

Yep, that's kind of a good description. It doesn't have the same silly sense of humour as the Wario games, but it plays quite similarly.

#105 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

I think generally ninty fans enjoy more japanese games than western games. So imo ninty should focus on securing japanese games rather than looking into more western style games.

Yeah exactly. If you are more excited for Madden or Fifa than Bravely Default then perhaps you have the wrong console.

I have Bravely Default and it's great so far.

Also I will say this about the direct. They showed DK, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. That's 3 very high quality games. And we kind of expect to hear more about next year still.

If Wii U got the same multiplatform stuff as the other consoles there wouldn't even be a question of what Nintendo is bringing.

#106 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Its being mwde by tecmo koei, not nintendos zelda u team.

The art style is skyward sword, which is where the bokoblin design comes from. This is really a no brainer once you remember the horde battle from skyward sword.

This must take place in one of the great wars of hyrule, and since a link was er, sleeping through the seven year war of oot.... And was alive as a baby during the hylian civil war... The only other wars I can think of is the pre lttp imprisoning war, and the war described in ww in which the hero... Didnt appear and the gods flooded hyrule.... So... you lose at the end?

You do not relize how big a difference minor poly model differences, and minor texture differences can make to the art style of a game. Half the stuff in windwaker was streight ugly to me do to the art style, few games have that issue, hyrul warriors does have allot that doesnt fit well though.

Its being mwde by tecmo koei, not nintendos zelda u team.

The art style is skyward sword, which is where the bokoblin design comes from. This is really a no brainer once you remember the horde battle from skyward sword.

This must take place in one of the great wars of hyrule, and since a link was er, sleeping through the seven year war of oot.... And was alive as a baby during the hylian civil war... The only other wars I can think of is the pre lttp imprisoning war, and the war described in ww in which the hero... Didnt appear and the gods flooded hyrule.... So... you lose at the end?

You do not relize how big a difference minor poly model differences, and minor texture differences can make to the art style of a game. Half the stuff in windwaker was streight ugly to me do to the art style, few games have that issue, hyrul warriors does have allot that doesnt fit well though.

Wii posting from the phone =/

#107 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

Yeah exactly. If you are more excited for Madden or Fifa than Bravely Default then perhaps you have the wrong console.

I have Bravely Default and it's great so far.

Also I will say this about the direct. They showed DK, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. That's 3 very high quality games. And we kind of expect to hear more about next year still.

If Wii U got the same multiplatform stuff as the other consoles there wouldn't even be a question of what Nintendo is bringing.

Yeah actually i am equally excited about Nba2k series as any other games released as the quality and basketball simulation is unmatched best sport simulation available.... but guess what i cant play that on my Wii U because nintendo only focuses on japanese and you guys are backing their decision. Do you know how popular sports are in america? you cant judge me for that

#108 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

Yeah actually i am equally excited about Nba2k series as any other games released as the quality and basketball simulation is unmatched best sport simulation available.... but guess what i cant play that on my Wii U because nintendo only focuses on japanese and you guys are backing their decision. Do you know how popular sports are in america? you cant judge me for that

I'm not judging you, I'm simply saying perhaps you would have been happier with another console. All I see you comment on here is how we need shooters, sports games, and graphics. There's nothing wrong with this I'm just saying that you can actually get all these things on an Xbox.

#109 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'm not judging you, I'm simply saying perhaps you would have been happier with another console. All I see you comment on here is how we need shooters, sports games, and graphics. There's nothing wrong with this I'm just saying that you can actually get all these things on an Xbox.

Nope i shouldnt have to go out and spend another 400 dollars for a game experience... That is on Nintendo hands.... they are doing this to a certain degree.

#110 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Nope i shouldnt have to go out and spend another 400 dollars for a game experience... That is on Nintendo hands.... they are doing this to a certain degree.

In an ideal world you wouldn't have to but unfortunately you do. Or you could have just gone with PS4 from the start.

#111 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

I understand you, I wish we were getting more work done in third party titles, and getting games like the Crew, and NFS Rivals. But the Wii U can handle the games, the devs choose not to. The Wii U could be xbone powerful 50mil units, and it would still be in a sucky situation even if Nintendo payed out.

In an ideal world you wouldn't have to but unfortunately you do. Or you could have just gone with PS4 from the start.

Lol why would you want that? Ninty still has the better games. 

Edited by TheDoctor13, 20 December 2013 - 12:32 AM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#112 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

I agree with Gamer to an extent. I love Nintendo's games like Mario, Zelda, DK etc. and I think they really appeal to a western market, but games like X, Bravely Default, Hyrule Warriors (although i might buy that since it is zelda themed), and all these RPGs that people talk about on here dont appeal to western audiences. 

I don't want Nintendo to make shooting games or sports games,bI just hope they know that games like X are not really system sellers.

Edited by Hunter, 20 December 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#113 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

No sir never brought any console other than Nintendo. It is what it is. I am working on building a pc just for nba 2k series.

#114 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

I understand you, I wish we were getting more work done in third party titles, and getting games like the Crew, and NFS Rivals. But the Wii U can handle the games, the devs choose not to. The Wii U could be xbone powerful 50mil units, and it would still be in a sucky situation even if Nintendo payed out.

Lol why would you want that? Ninty still has the better games.

I agree hence me owning a Wii U :)

No sir never brought any console other than Nintendo. It is what it is. I am working on building a pc just for nba 2k series.

That's sounds like a good plan based on your other comments then.

#115 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

I agree hence me owning a Wii U :)

That's sounds like a good plan based on your other comments then.

I have an older PC just need to upgrade graphics card.

#116 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

i can help you with that.

or maiby not. how old is your old PC? and what card?

Edited by tboss, 20 December 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#117 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

Wii posting from the phone =/

Cant do anything about your bad taste in art style... But it really doesnt have anything to do with this. The art style is, again, skyward sword's, not wind wakers, and the standard red bokoblin enemy, as of right now, appears to be ripped straight from the wii game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#118 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

You should see the build I posted in the other thread. Same price as the Xbox One. Alternatively, you can visit /r/buildapc at reddit.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!