• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

I think now's the right time to try again.

Visor:

Similar to Oculus Rift except better looking.

Screen resolution would be 1080p high, but wide enough to wrap around the entire range of vision.

Peripheral vision could be handled by lower resolution screens though

Have biometric sensors to measure pulse, eye movement, and sweat; so that the the game can adjust accordingly (backing off if you get too stressed, or popping up an enemy when it would most scare the crap out of you)

Stereo speakers

has front cameras that are used to track the power gloves (and also allows the game to be overlaid over the real world)

Power gloves:

Has the precision of the wiimote plus, plus a really good force feedback

Is expandable to support different size hands

Can be tracked by the visor to assist in hand-eye-coordination

It'd be cool if it had some sort of feedback system so it could feel like you were actually holding something

Pedals:

Some sort of foot system that allows you to use your feet for movement. I don't know how this would work. Maybe have a couple foot stands with balance board tech?

Console:

Probably as powerful as the Wii U, but with the ability to output to the visor's resolution.

Ideally it should be completely wireless, but then in order to avoid the bulky weights of batteries it would need a form of wireless power transmission.

Maybe make the console into a stand for the visor, gloves, and pedals so that everything can be stored together.

Pack in game:

R.O.B.s adventure. A series of minigames where you perform tasks (organizing cargo, defeating enemies) as a robot.

Thoughts?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

What do mean thoughts? I want to sex it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Maybe one day the advent of the omnidirectional treadmill will happen, which if coupled with some kind of Kinect-like sensor, would make moving in any game a fun time.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

What do mean thoughts? I want to sex it.

That would not be an authorized third-party accessory.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

So you wanna be in the game?

Also how much you think all this would cost.

Also it wouldnt work for all games.

It would be nice to have a motion headset for shooters. You move your head and it moves the look on screen.

Then throw in a gun. (the ps3 move and gun did great for killzone and other shooters).

But i couldnt see myself playing a zelda game or mario with it. Let alone a 3rd party , 3rd person game.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

Also it wouldnt work for all games.

It would be nice to have a motion headset for shooters. You move your head and it moves the look on screen.

Then throw in a gun. (the ps3 move and gun did great for killzone and other shooters).

But i couldnt see myself playing a zelda game or mario with it. Let alone a 3rd party , 3rd person game.

it would need whole new characters. You really can't have classic Mario or Zelda games without a lot of work. But R.O.B. themed games would work, and i believe Starfox would work. Metroid would be absolutely terrifying.

I don't know how much it would cost. Maybe $600-1000, but not more. The lower end may be more likely.

Some games could come with props that you use for them (like a shooter game would come with a gun, a racer with a steering wheel, etc)

Edited by grahamf, 17 December 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#7 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Oculus Rift: $299

Virtuix Omni: $449

Razer Hydra: $80

Standard game: $60

Decent gaming PC: $1000

Being able to use your legs and turn your head in a video game..... Priceless

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

it would need whole new characters. You really can't have classic Mario or Zelda games without a lot of work. But R.O.B. themed games would work, and i believe Starfox would work. Metroid would be absolutely terrifying.

I don't know how much it would cost. Maybe $600-1000, but not more. The lower end may be more likely.

Some games could come with props that you use for them (like a shooter game would come with a gun, a racer with a steering wheel, etc)

Oculus Rift: $299

Virtuix Omni: $449

Razer Hydra: $80

Standard game: $60

Decent gaming PC: $1000

Being able to use your legs and turn your head in a video game..... Priceless

Probably a little to much for most gamers and then as said there is only so many games that can be played.

Now maybe a add on the the system as far as motion headset and gun/wheel attachment would work.

Then you gotta think about your normal gamer. You come in from work or school and your a little tired and the last thing you wanna do is run in a game lol.

Kinda like the wii. My uncle played the punch out and got a work out at the same time.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

The virtuix Omni is too expensive, not to mention makes gaming harder. it would be cheaper to include a couple foot pedals that probably cost $50-100. Nintendo could offer a omidirectional treadmill as an accessory, but I don't know how popular it would be.

And a Wii U is $300 including the gamepad. No reason to think Nintendo would include hardware that competes with a $1000 computer

Using those figures (and assuming the game is bundled with minimal cost) it would only be about $600-$800 with $700 most likely.

You have to remember Nintendo is making the entire thing, so they can save costs by packaging everything together (and with more mass production)

Edited by grahamf, 17 December 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#10 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

Okay so i have a question ? is this a portable gaming machine or some sort of a living room console

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

I think it would technically be portable... the entire thing would be the size of a small piece of luggage when packed up, but would have to be in close proximity to you in order to transmit high resolution video to the visor reliably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!