Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

Microsoft says it will have a new CEO in the “early part” of this year.

Whenever that may be, it will be behind schedule.

Microsoft was hoping to have a new CEO in place by November or December, say Shira Ovide and Joann Lubin at the Wall Street Journal.

The reason Microsoft doesn’t have a new CEO right now, according to Ovide and Lubin, is that the job isn’t all that appealing thanks to two big problems: One is called Bill Gates and the other is called Steve Ballmer.

“At least some external executives who discussed the CEO job with Microsoft directors have expressed concerns about being hamstrung if the two men continue to serve on the board, according to people familiar with their thinking,” report Ovide and Lubin.

In particular, the Journal’s reporters go after Ballmer pretty hard: “Some candidates for the top post at Microsoft seem to be particularly uneasy about Mr. Ballmer, according to people familiar with their thinking. He has made several recent decisions that have altered the company’s strategy and generated controversy among managers and investors

http://www.businessi...o-search-2014-1

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

I really really like Windows 7. Outside of that. F@#K MS.Kill Xbox division. Sell the Xbox division.

Sell the phone division. Get out of hardware period. Get back to basics.

What always kills a company like this and get them in massive messes is multiple skus of so many products. What saved Apple in 1997 is they went from several sku's to just 4. SEGA had 8 systems out at the same time in 2001. If not for Sammy they would have been dead. MS is in no danger of dying with $80 Billion but MS is in a sense dying if not dead in a different fashion. If not for the deep pockets they would likely be on the verge of closing or merging or worse sell themselves to Apple. )who is also on the same type of decline...just so rich they will be around forever)

current MS and Apple show how you can be filthy rich but fail horribly as a company.

#3 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

AHAHAHAHA If Microsoft is "a mess" then that must mean that Sony is a train wreck. When your company sells 2.4 million consoles in 3 months and when your OS is used on almost 60 percent of every computer ever made your far from a mess. This is like the idiots who keep saying Nintendo is doomed.

I really really like Windows 7. Outside of that. F@#K MS.Kill Xbox division. Sell the Xbox division.

Sell the phone division. Get out of hardware period. Get back to basics.

What always kills a company like this and get them in massive messes is multiple skus of so many products. What saved Apple in 1997 is they went from several sku's to just 4. SEGA had 8 systems out at the same time in 2001. If not for Sammy they would have been dead. MS is in no danger of dying with $80 Billion but MS is in a sense dying if not dead in a different fashion. If not for the deep pockets they would likely be on the verge of closing or merging or worse sell themselves to Apple. )who is also on the same type of decline...just so rich they will be around forever)

current MS and Apple show how you can be filthy rich but fail horribly as a company.

Your argument is flawed because thats like saying Sony makes T.V.s so they should stop selling PS4. Sony makes like headphones, tvs, cd players they have like 300 million different skus and it doesnt hurt them. Having more things on the market gives you more to fall back on. Microsoft isn't like SEGA in the slightest. SEGA never had the most popular OS of all time on their side nor did they have Halo. Sonic the Hedgehog just wasn't a system seller and that was Segas only gimmick. They also ended up having shoddy products in the long run and had nothing to fall back on like phones, tablets, computers.  Expanding a company is never a bad thing if your already succesful the only time you don't expand is if you are already failing. 

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

AHAHAHAHA If Microsoft is "a mess" then that must mean that Sony is a train wreck. When your company sells 2.4 million consoles in 3 months and when your OS is used on almost 60 percent of every computer ever made your far from a mess. This is like the idiots who keep saying Nintendo is doomed.

Your argument is flawed because thats like saying Sony makes T.V.s so they should stop selling PS4. Sony makes like headphones, tvs, cd players they have like 300 million different skus and it doesnt hurt them. Having more things on the market gives you more to fall back on. Microsoft isn't like SEGA in the slightest. SEGA never had the most popular OS of all time on their side nor did they have Halo. Sonic the Hedgehog just wasn't a system seller and that was Segas only gimmick. They also ended up having shoddy products in the long run and had nothing to fall back on like phones, tablets, computers.  Expanding a company is never a bad thing if your already succesful the only time you don't expand is if you are already failing. 

Sony always has been an electronics company. Also they have been laying thousands of jobs last few years had their revenue cut more than half since PS3 came out and are in danger of selling or closing the TV division. Just because one system just started to sell well in it's first two months does not offset the billions they lost on PS3 and Vita is flat out failing. MS has never made profit on the Xbox division. They been losing billions on it since 2001. Just Gates wants it and the reason it stays. Kin fails,Surface isn't great and heck the entire Windows Phone line is kinda a joke. When you over saturate you are no longer in competition with anyone else but yourself.SEGA did it and now so is MS. I only draw the comparison in tactics not the product they were selling alone. MS was never meant to be a hardware company. As for the OS if it's only 60% now then MS should be crapping their pants in fear as Windows was once at 85-90% just a few short years ago.

Also calling Sonic all they had an a gimmick shows amazing ignorance. The more products you have the more your resources are stretched. It's just simple economics. SEGA lost a ton of money on 32X,Sega CD and Saturn. By the time DC was released SEGA was in deep red. They brought a lot of new things in gaming that every console we have even now can thank in innovation. Not to mention a lot of great IP's and games.

Apple nearly went bankrupt in the 90's as they had many many many sku's. Jobs cut them all and introduced 4. As Paul Thurott has pointed out many times up to 10 thousand people were working on Vista and was far more than needed it lead to a lot of middle man and miscommunication. Same thing happened to Kin. Last year Don Matrick and the XBO debacle showed how clueless MS is in gaming. As much attention as that got. The rest of the company isn't much different. MS didn't expand they acted liek a Soccer mom texting while driving while putting on Makeup with rowdy kids in the car and ran over a few mailboxes and cats along the way.

Also Ballmer did not quit. He was forced to retire due to the missteps he kept making. That is a clear sign things are in a  mess. Don was forced out as well. MS has fired more people the last few years than  BJ's given from a hooker at a truckstop. That is so obvious and to quote Roo that a blind man in room full of Ninjas could see. MS is in a massive mess. Financially they can coast for years. As a functioning company with a direction. They are lost.

Edited by Ryudo, 05 January 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#5 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

*ahem* My time to shine.

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

*ahem* My time to shine.

You got this bro, Just like we rehearsed. Accept position,then say you're shutting down the Xbox division and giving all the money to nintendo.

Ready? Get out there and do it.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

You got this bro, Just like we rehearsed. Accept position,then say you're shutting down the Xbox division and giving all the money to nintendo.

Ready? Get out there and do it.

What about the fanboys? What do we do when they complain that they don't wanna buy Nintendo systems?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#8 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

What about the fanboys? What do we do when they complain that they don't wanna buy Nintendo systems?

What are they gonna do? It's PS4 or Wii U people. Suck it up and move on!

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

What are they gonna do? It's PS4 or Wii U people. Suck it up and move on!

Good point. What happens to the people that bought an XBOX ONE? I say screw 'em, but some people think otherwise. Could be bad for our image.

bi5tzqg.gif

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:23 AM

Good point. What happens to the people that bought an XBOX ONE? I say screw 'em, but some people think otherwise. Could be bad for our image.

Image? Who cares about Microsoft's image?

LONG LIVE NINTENDO!!!!!

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:27 AM

Image? Who cares about Microsoft's image?

LONG LIVE NINTENDO!!!!!

I'm not talking about Microsoft's image, I'm sayin' that people might notice when Microsoft gives all their moneyz to Nintendo. They'll know something's up. Some of the Xbox fans know how to use google. They'll google it fo' sure after Microsoft just drops the Xbox.

It could totally affect Nintendo's image, is what I'm sayin'. Could ruin Ninty's rep among the Xbot crowd. You know what I'm sayin'? Fo' shiz dawg.

Edited by R00bot, 06 January 2014 - 06:29 AM.

bi5tzqg.gif

#12 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

I think whoever is the new CEO who doesn't want the Xbox brand would keep Xbox One till the end of the gen, then kill it off from there.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#13 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

I'm not talking about Microsoft's image, I'm sayin' that people might notice when Microsoft gives all their moneyz to Nintendo. They'll know something's up. Some of the Xbox fans know how to use google. They'll google it fo' sure after Microsoft just drops the Xbox.

It could totally affect Nintendo's image, is what I'm sayin'. Could ruin Ninty's rep among the Xbot crowd. You know what I'm sayin'? Fo' shiz dawg.

Hmm you're right...

We'll have pin it on SONY somehow...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#14 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Hmm you're right...

We'll have pin it on SONY somehow...

Yes! How, though? I'm thinking some kind of spaghetti monster? How does that sound?

bi5tzqg.gif

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Yes! How, though? I'm thinking some kind of spaghetti monster? How does that sound?

http://www.venganza.org/

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#16 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Well, guess it's up to me. My first order of business? Take all da money, give it to the poor, then fake my death and live out the rest of my days in the orient. 

pNgecl.gif

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

that's a great idea!

Real spaghetti monsters are hard to find these days though, so we can just use some of the dev teams Microsoft owns and CG one with a paper sign saying "SONY" on it. We "leak" a video of it "attacking" a made up microsoft building that we'll pretend we keep some accounts in. Show the most hacking the accounts and taking the money and voila!

Foolproof plan.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

that's a great idea!

Real spaghetti monsters are hard to find these days though, so we can just use some of the dev teams Microsoft owns and CG one with a paper sign saying "SONY" on it. We "leak" a video of it "attacking" a made up microsoft building that we'll pretend we keep some accounts in. Show the most hacking the accounts and taking the money and voila!

Foolproof plan.

Wonderful! I can't wait to see their faces, they probably thought spaghetti monsters were extinct. Not when we have CGI! Ahaha! Now, let's get to business. Chaos, you CEO yet?

bi5tzqg.gif

#19 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Your argument is flawed because thats like saying Sony makes T.V.s so they should stop selling PS4. Sony makes like headphones, tvs, cd players they have like 300 million different skus and it doesnt hurt them. Having more things on the market gives you more to fall back on. Microsoft isn't like SEGA in the slightest. SEGA never had the most popular OS of all time on their side nor did they have Halo. Sonic the Hedgehog just wasn't a system seller and that was Segas only gimmick. They also ended up having shoddy products in the long run and had nothing to fall back on like phones, tablets, computers. Expanding a company is never a bad thing if your already succesful the only time you don't expand is if you are already failing.

This actually isn't true. Sonic the Hedgehog was designed as the mascot for Sega, just like Mario was the mascot of Nintendo. Sonic was created to compete with Nintendo. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was the second best-selling Genesis game of all time. Sonic basically transformed Sega into a leading video game company during the 16-bit era in the early to mid-1990s.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

This actually isn't true. Sonic the Hedgehog was designed as the mascot for Sega, just like Mario was the mascot of Nintendo. Sonic was created to compete with Nintendo. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was the second best-selling Genesis game of all time. Sonic basically transformed Sega into a leading video game company during the 16-bit era in the early to mid-1990s.

not to mention it launched a (still) succesful comic book and tv show. And the video game series is still decently successful. At least, succeful enough that Sonic is an (almost) house hold name.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!