Photo

Was Nintendo wrong... what is the consumer saying?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

POPULAR

But for how much longer? The PS4 and Xbox One will have sports games, FPS's, RPG's, the PS4 will have JRPG's, indie titles similar to what's on Steam while Nintendo will rely heavily on the same old franchises and will have the odd great exclusive like X and Bayonetta 2, but that's just not enough, not in comparison to the games that will feature on the Xbox One and PS4.

You know, you might have convinced me had you not compared Nintendos Anemic greatness, to massive piles of diarrea dog crap.

I will take one game like X over 99% of the garbage that came to my ps360, any day of the week. ANd to the damn near entirety of the diarrea tsuname heading to ps4/xbone.

And to top it off. There is nothing. NOTHING that has been shown on ps4 or Xbox, that doesnt look like a complete and absolute waste of time, or is coming to PC anyways. With the Sole exception of RIME, which MS actually rejected, because it is blatantly clear they dont have a single clue whatsoever what actual great GAMING experiences are, and just want to peddle easily marketable crap to easily manipulatbale morons, and dont want a damn thing on their system to make their pet idiots think their might be more in the world than crap.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#62 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

You know, you might have convinced me had you not compared Nintendos Anemic greatness, to massive piles of diarrea dog crap.

I will take one game like X over 99% of the garbage that came to my ps360, any day of the week. ANd to the damn near entirety of the diarrea tsuname heading to ps4/xbone.

And to top it off. There is nothing. NOTHING that has been shown on ps4 or Xbox, that doesnt look like a complete and absolute waste of time, or is coming to PC anyways. With the Sole exception of RIME, which MS actually rejected, because it is blatantly clear they dont have a single clue whatsoever what actual great GAMING experiences are, and just want to peddle easily marketable crap to easily manipulatbale morons, and dont want a damn thing on their system to make their pet idiots think their might be more in the world than crap.

*Yawns*

#63 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

*Yawns*

What is that? Is that a game?

Is that the title of a game that doesnt involve game mechanics that were finished being refined more than a decade ago, revolving around guns, shooting brown people, or generic third person computer controlled action game, where you also probably kill brown people?

Because if it is, you might actually finally have a point.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#64 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

While these are your opinions and you have a right to speak your mind, you can't start saying overblown rubbish on the internet.  

#65 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

While these are your opinions and you have a right to speak your mind, you can't start saying overblown rubbish on the internet.  

InternetPolice.png

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#66 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

That's usually a clue that it might be time to hang up your gaming gloves.

#67 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

As for the PS3 what saved it was having a lot of diverse software and some good first party exclusives, Nintendo has some great first party games, but where's the third party support? Like it or not, the Wii U is a console which will be plagued by game droughts and in a lot of people's eyes simply isn't worth the investment, not even for Nintendo first party games.

It has third party support, not to the extent of the other two, and yes its dropping. But I would actually not like a new game every two weeks to a month, too much. Not to mention most of it would probably would be crap anyways. A game every few months which is Nintendos first party + rare third party + exclusive + eshop titles, the pace is pretty smooth for me.

The PS4 is selling well because it is the most powerful console on the market, has been marketed impeccably and has a great price point which offers value for money.

Why didn't the Gamecube sell a whole bunch then? It was way more powerful than the more popular ps2.

But for how much longer? The PS4 and Xbox One will have sports games, FPS's, RPG's, the PS4 will have JRPG's, indie titles similar to what's on Steam while Nintendo will rely heavily on the same old franchises and will have the odd great exclusive like X and Bayonetta 2, but that's just not enough, not in comparison to the games that will feature on the Xbox One and PS4.

Nintendo would have their heavy hitters like Mario, Smash, Zelda, Mario Kart, the exclusives like Bayo, the definitive versions of third party games if theirs work put into them, more indie titles than the ps4. On my Wii U I have and will have, Nintendo, Indies, Racing, FPS, Adventure, Action, Fighting, Survival, Puzzle, Stratergy, RPG, JRPG, and so much more. I've seen more diversity on the Wii U then I've seen on the PSOne, which are more of the same grey over done games.

Stupid Snowmads!

#68 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Why didn't the Gamecube sell a whole bunch then? It was way more powerful than the more popular ps2.

Um because the majority of the popula[tion at that time and a large majority still do think ps2 is more powerful than gamecube. this is where Nintendo policy on not talking up their hardware comes into hand. Nothing wrong with boasting a little bit if its true. I know there main focus is gameplay andthe gaming experience but some of their decision is briging the negative attention to their hardware.

#69 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

PS2-DVD-500x342.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#70 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

I agree with you on that point, but that's not only the problem with the Wii U, a mandatory gimmick which offers virtually nothing to enhance gameplay, specifications than its competitor and a lack of compelling software is also hampering the Wii U.

The PS4 is selling well because it is the most powerful console on the market, has been marketed impeccably and has a great price point which offers value for money.

The Wii U has none of this and neither does the Xbox One and that's why both consoles will be smashed into oblivion by the PS4.

Give a non- brand loyal gamer the choice of all three systems and I bet they'll choose the PS4.

I am sorry man, I can not let you say that. It offers no game play value?

Let me show you what the Wii U GamePad can do.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=4e3qaPg_keg

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=bUvdP2TNBHE

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=I8_noxQ4k6o

And finally, imagine playing a game like Zelda, and in a cut scene being able to move the game pad to your left and see what's to your left. Or right. Or up. Before, with out the second screen, you could only see what was shown. Now the whole world is open up in cut scenes.

Now I know what your thinking. Blah blah blah, Allen, right? There aren't any games with these awesome functions, or many games at least, so my point is still valid.

I would counter by saying my original point is valid - and what most of us is saying. It's about games. If Nintendo provided us with these games, things would have been different. If they start to, things will be different. It's about GAMES not HARDWARE .

Who cares about games though? Isn't hardware more important?

^_~

Um because the majority of the popula[tion at that time and a large majority still do think ps2 is more powerful than gamecube. this is where Nintendo policy on not talking up their hardware comes into hand. Nothing wrong with boasting a little bit if its true. I know there main focus is gameplay andthe gaming experience but some of their decision is briging the negative attention to their hardware.

Nintendo did brag about their hardware. They did clearly show and state it's more powerful then the PS2. Still didn't help.

But you know, it probably had to do with perception. You guys are right. More powerful console always win. PS2 didn't win because of great exclusive titles or anything like that. That had NOTHING to do with it. Right?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#71 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

And finally, imagine playing a game like Zelda, and in a cut scene being able to move the game pad to your left and see what's to your left. Or right. Or up. Before, with out the second screen, you could only see what was shown. Now the whole world is open up in cut scenes.

Now I know what your thinking. Blah blah blah, Allen, right? There aren't any games with these awesome functions, or many games at least, so my point is still valid.

I would counter by saying my original point is valid - and what most of us is saying. It's about games. If Nintendo provided us with these games, things would have been different. If they start to, things will be different. It's about GAMES not HARDWARE .

^_~

Nintendo did brag about their hardware. They did clearly show and state it's more powerful then the PS2. Still didn't help.

But you know, it probably had to do with perception. You guys are right. More powerful console always win. PS2 didn't win because of great exclusive titles or anything like that. That had NOTHING to do with it. Right?

Well they did and they didn't. They did give what it could do but they should have went after Sony for not telling what ps2 could do with in game effect and everything. I am so tired of nintendo letting people SH!t on their consoles and they never come to the defense of it.

#72 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Not my/their fault the main population is a bunch of idiots. play a game thats on both consoles, or even similiar games. the ps2 version is shat.

Stupid Snowmads!

#73 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Nah people knew flat out GCN was more powerful. Unlike Nintendo now Nintendo gladly obliged giving out specs and tech demo's. Then when Mikami and Capcom announced RE for GCN rainbow hit the fan like Bayo2. When people saw screens it was clear this is why GCN. It was very well known then among gamers GCN was more powerful but didn't matter. Nintendo's name was tarnished a s a kiddy machine and the disc it had 1.5 GB paled to DVD 4.7. GameCube also lacked any real online.

N64 lacked CDrom,GCN lacked DVD sized discs and online,Wii lacked HD. Wii U has an online system with ID's not the best but works. Has Missverse so a strong community. Is HD can do all the TV stuff the others can do. Has Video chat. Discs can hold as much as blu ray. Wii U doesn't have the giant missing piece past consoles have. Except marketing.

#74 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Nah people knew flat out GCN was more powerful. Unlike Nintendo now Nintendo gladly obliged giving out specs and tech demo's. Then when Mikami and Capcom announced RE for GCN carp hit the fan like Bayo2. When people saw screens it was clear this is why GCN. It was very well known then among gamers GCN was more powerful but didn't matter. Nintendo's name was tarnished a s a kiddy machine and the disc it had 1.5 GB paled to DVD 4.7. GameCube also lacked any real online.

N64 lacked CDrom,GCN lacked DVD sized discs and online,Wii lacked HD. Wii U has an online system with ID's not the best but works. Has Missverse so a strong community. Is HD can do all the TV stuff the others can do. Has Video chat. Discs can hold as much as blu ray. Wii U doesn't have the giant missing piece past consoles have. Except marketing.

publishers/developers find a way to alientate nintendo everytime... sometime they have valid reason.

#75 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Man I just wish Nintendo would react faster to everything. Seems like they have the car on speed control and they still haven't figured out what to do with the game pad.

#76 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

It has third party support, not to the extent of the other two, and yes its dropping. But I would actually not like a new game every two weeks to a month, too much. Not to mention most of it would probably would be crap anyways. A game every few months which is Nintendos first party + rare third party + exclusive + eshop titles, the pace is pretty smooth for me.

Nintendo would have their heavy hitters like Mario, Smash, Zelda, Mario Kart, the exclusives like Bayo, the definitive versions of third party games if theirs work put into them, more indie titles than the ps4. On my Wii U I have and will have, Nintendo, Indies, Racing, FPS, Adventure, Action, Fighting, Survival, Puzzle, Stratergy, RPG, JRPG, and so much more. I've seen more diversity on the Wii U then I've seen on the PSOne, which are more of the same grey over done games.

The Wii U's third party support is woeful, it's so bad that not even companies like EA, Square-Enix or Capcom are making games for the system. If these three companies refrain from releasing their games on your platform then you know there's some massive problems.

The reason the Gamecube didn't sell as well as the PS2 is down to the software library, the PS2 had a more diverse library of games and a large pool of games to choose from as well as being competitively priced. I've read numerous reports that suggest Nintendo lost a lot of third party support during the days of the N64 and it came home to roost with the Gamecube and if I'm honest both the N64 and Gamecube should have achieved higher sales numbers because they were both great consoles with some of the greatest games I've ever played.

As for the Wii U having a diverse line up of games, I disagree entirely with that. There are a lot of genre of games that have virtually no representation on the Wii U.

Man I just wish Nintendo would react faster to everything. Seems like they have the car on speed control and they still haven't figured out what to do with the game pad.

They're in decline, what Iwata achieved with both the DS and Wii is something to really marvel at, but the problem is Nintendo hasn't adapted and changed, they're always a step behind the competition. This is the problem with a lot of successful companies, they become stubborn, they refuse to change, they become arrogant and complacent and then they dwindle away.

Nintendo need to realise that the current route they're heading down is the wrong one. The Wii U at the moment is an abject failure and Nintendo have done virtually nothing to address this apart from offer "please understand" and numerous platformers, rehashes of old games and casual games.

Gamers who want a Wii U but have not bought one yet are given no real reason by Nintendo to buy the Wii U.

Donkey Kong, Wii Fit U and Wii Party U won't get those gamers to open up their wallets and purchase a Wii U, it's games like Star Fox, Metroid, Fzero, a new Zelda, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros that will do that.

publishers/developers find a way to alientate nintendo everytime... sometime they have valid reason.

Nintendo from what Bethesda have said made no effort to speak them about the Wii U. Therefore is it any wonder that Bethesda wants nothing to do with the Wii U?

Nintendo just seems isolated from the rest of the industry. It's like those people who you see in a Pub who sit in a corner on their own in complete silence while everyone else is laughing and joking around.

They can't even be bothered to turn up to E3, they just send a Nintendo Direct from their HQ in Japan.

Not even Japanese companies are coming to Nintendo's aid, Square-Enix have chosen to release Kingdom Hearts III on the Xbox One instead of the Wii U. Capcom would rather release an exclusive game on the Xbox One then the Wii U. From Software an old Japanese games development studio won't even release Dark Souls II on the Wii U and I don't see Namco Bandai rushing to help out Nintendo.

The future of the Wii U looks as bleak as it did last year. Not even a 3D Mario game which received worldwide acclaim or a solid platformer in Donkey Kong has been able to change that.

^_~

The reality of the Wii U Gamepad so far has that it hasn't been utlilised properly. As I say at least with the Wii the Wii-motes were actually an essential part of the experience, the Wii U Gamepad in contrast feels like a forced gimmick without any real purpose. Now I know what the Wii U Gamepad can do, I own Rayman Legends, Nintendo Land and The Wonderful 101, but sadly most developers including Nintendo haven't really utilised the Gamepad well enough for me to constitute that the Gamepad a worthwhile piece of equipment. It's unfilled potential and to be honest I think it will remain that way throughout the life cycle of the Wii U.

Also times have changed, you're harking back to a console released around fourteen years ago. Times have changed and gamers tastes and preferences have changed too. Gamers want powerful hardware and a diverse selection of games to suit their needs, there isn't one more important than another, they are both equally important. Just as first party and third party games are equally important to gamers, there isn't one that takes precedence over the other. This is why the PS4 is so successful and will be the out and out winner of this console generation. It offers the most powerful hardware in a games console on the market, it is competitively priced, it will offer a perfect blend of first party games, exclusive games, third party games both AAA and indie titles and all of these things combined make it a winning console. It's a console with a winning formula.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 24 February 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#77 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

The Wii U's third party support is woeful, it's so bad that not even companies like EA, Square-Enix or Capcom are making games for the system. If these three companies refrain from releasing their games on your platform then you know there's some massive problems.

The reason the Gamecube didn't sell as well as the PS2 is down to the software library, the PS2 had a more diverse library of games and a large pool of games to choose from as well as being competitively priced. I've read numerous reports that suggest Nintendo lost a lot of third party support during the days of the N64 and it came home to roost with the Gamecube and if I'm honest both the N64 and Gamecube should have achieved higher sales numbers because they were both great consoles with some of the greatest games I've ever played.

As for the Wii U having a diverse line up of games, I disagree entirely with that. There are a lot of genre of games that have virtually no representation on the Wii U.

They're in decline, what Iwata achieved with both the DS and Wii is something to really marvel at, but the problem is Nintendo hasn't adapted and changed, they're always a step behind the competition. This is the problem with a lot of successful companies, they become stubborn, they refuse to change, they become arrogant and complacent and then they dwindle away.

Nintendo need to realise that the current route they're heading down is the wrong one. The Wii U at the moment is an abject failure and Nintendo have done virtually nothing to address this apart from offer "please understand" and numerous platformers, rehashes of old games and casual games.

Gamers who want a Wii U but have not bought one yet are given no real reason by Nintendo to buy the Wii U.

Donkey Kong, Wii Fit U and Wii Party U won't get those gamers to open up their wallets and purchase a Wii U, it's games like Star Fox, Metroid, Fzero, a new Zelda, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros that will do that.

Nintendo from what Bethesda have said made no effort to speak them about the Wii U. Therefore is it any wonder that Bethesda wants nothing to do with the Wii U?

Nintendo just seems isolated from the rest of the industry. It's like those people who you see in a Pub who sit in a corner on their own in complete silence while everyone else is laughing and joking around.

They can't even be bothered to turn up to E3, they just send a Nintendo Direct from their HQ in Japan.

Not even Japanese companies are coming to Nintendo's aid, Square-Enix have chosen to release Kingdom Hearts III on the Xbox One instead of the Wii U. Capcom would rather release an exclusive game on the Xbox One then the Wii U. From Software an old Japanese games development studio won't even release Dark Souls II on the Wii U and I don't see Namco Bandai rushing to help out Nintendo.

The future of the Wii U looks as bleak as it did last year. Not even a 3D Mario game which received worldwide acclaim or a solid platformer in Donkey Kong has been able to change that.

The reality of the Wii U Gamepad so far has that it hasn't been utlilised properly. As I say at least with the Wii the Wii-motes were actually an essential part of the experience, the Wii U Gamepad in contrast feels like a forced gimmick without any real purpose. Now I know what the Wii U Gamepad can do, I own Rayman Legends, Nintendo Land and The Wonderful 101, but sadly most developers including Nintendo haven't really utilised the Gamepad well enough for me to constitute that the Gamepad a worthwhile piece of equipment. It's unfilled potential and to be honest I think it will remain that way throughout the life cycle of the Wii U.

Also times have changed, you're harking back to a console released around fourteen years ago. Times have changed and gamers tastes and preferences have changed too. Gamers want powerful hardware and a diverse selection of games to suit their needs, there isn't one more important than another, they are both equally important. Just as first party and third party games are equally important to gamers, there isn't one that takes precedence over the other. This is why the PS4 is so successful and will be the out and out winner of this console generation. It offers the most powerful hardware in a games console on the market, it is competitively priced, it will offer a perfect blend of first party games, exclusive games, third party games both AAA and indie titles and all of these things combined make it a winning console. It's a console with a winning formula.

First off, in reply to your topic, I didn't mention the PS4 or that the Wii U has a good game library. I didn't even say that the Wii U would be the winner of this generation. I've never said that actually.

What I did say, is the Game Pad gas value, but Nintendo and developers haven't made the games to support it. That, again, it's about THE GAMES.

And, to prove my point. If the PS4 didn't have good games on it, would it be selling well? Bit wait!!! It has POWERFUL hardware! It should be selling like hotcakes! But, who buys a game console if there aren't GAMES on it that you want to play?

GAMES is what will save or kill the Wii U. If the Wii U doesn't sell 30 million plus units, that would be because it didn't bring the games the gamer wants. Not because of a gimmick. Not because of the hardware. Not because it isn't green or blue or whatever. It's because Nintendo failed for the first time at nit bringing games.

However, I somehow doubt that is going to continue, and I have faith that Nintendo will bring the games people want. You can make predictions that Nintendo won't use the game pad, but I point to when Miyamoto said they need to use the game pad more ( http://www.computera...-wii-u-gamepad/ ). Nintendo see's their mistakes, and that is the first step to fixing them.

So go ahead. Ignore what Nintendo is saying and just say they aren't doing what they said they need to change.

I choose to wait and see what they do, and then judge them once it's done. Like I judge them when they launched the Wii U with virtually no first party support. What were they thinking?

But I see the gears working. I see they are trying to fix this, and they are doing a good job so far. But they need to work harder and continue to work.

EDIT: I find it funny you think games sold the PS2, which is true, yet you don't think games can sell the Wii U.

EDIT2:
Also, Nintendo has said they need to change. http://www.siliconer...Oc (Siliconera) Here is Iwata saying he failed at reading what gamers in the west want, and he needs to adapt Nintendo's strategy to what the west wants as well.

And finally, Nintendo failing is a good thing. Look at Sony. Their Wii U was the PS3. It was hard to develop for. It didn't have enough value at the time for what it cost. Ubisoft backed away support by taking it's once exclusive Assassin Creed for the PS3 and moved it to the Xbox 360. Developers didn't like the PS3. In fact, if you actually listen to why they made the PS4 and the choice of x86, IT WAS BECAUSE of that they changed. But they changed. They brought the price down. Added more value with apps. Developed some damn good games for the PS3. And, aren't they over 80 million sells? There were people saying Sony would never get to that point. By the way, I was one of those people. I was wrong then, and it's why I have always said the Wii U will be Nintendo's PS3. It won't win. It will be dead last. It won't fail (I think your predictions are the absolute worst case, where Nintendo fails completely for seven years straight). But it will be last, either way.

http://www.nintendol...ays_david_jaffe

As he said, Iwata has earned the right to fail. And failing is good. It builds character and you learn more at the bottom then at the top. This proves that, actually. Nintendo was at the top. Did it do them any good? No. It just gives them money.

Edited by MorbidGod, 24 February 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#78 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

First off, in reply to your topic, I didn't mention the PS4 or that the Wii U has a good game library. I didn't even say that the Wii U would be the winner of this generation. I've never said that actually.

What I did say, is the Game Pad gas value, but Nintendo and developers haven't made the games to support it. That, again, it's about THE GAMES.

And, to prove my point. If the PS4 didn't have good games on it, would it be selling well? Bit wait!!! It has POWERFUL hardware! It should be selling like hotcakes! But, who buys a game console if there aren't GAMES on it that you want to play?

GAMES is what will save or kill the Wii U. If the Wii U doesn't sell 30 million plus units, that would be because it didn't bring the games the gamer wants. Not because of a gimmick. Not because of the hardware. Not because it isn't green or blue or whatever. It's because Nintendo failed for the first time at nit bringing games.

However, I somehow doubt that is going to continue, and I have faith that Nintendo will bring the games people want. You can make predictions that Nintendo won't use the game pad, but I point to when Miyamoto said they need to use the game pad more ( http://www.computera...-wii-u-gamepad/ ). Nintendo see's their mistakes, and that is the first step to fixing them.

So go ahead. Ignore what Nintendo is saying and just say they aren't doing what they said they need to change.

I choose to wait and see what they do, and then judge them once it's done. Like I judge them when they launched the Wii U with virtually no first party support. What were they thinking?

But I see the gears working. I see they are trying to fix this, and they are doing a good job so far. But they need to work harder and continue to work.

EDIT: I find it funny you think games sold the PS2, which is true, yet you don't think games can sell the Wii U.

The PS4 doesn't have much of a games library and yet is the fastest selling console in UK history, it's been out for around three months and has shifted over 5 million units.

Games will either save the Wii U or they won't, everybody including myself thought that SM3DW would be the must have killer exclusive for the Wii U and it hasn't happened. I hope it happens with Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros because if it doesn't then I really worry about Nintendo's future in the home console market.

If the Wii U fails it will be for a variety of reasons, the console itself being one of those factors. To downplay hardware is just plain ignorance, pig ignorance on your part.

Also if you think Nintendo not utilising the Gamepad more is their main shortcoming then I really despair because that's the least worrying of all their shortcomings.

I will ignore what Nintendo is saying because Nintendo's talk doesn't correlate with their actions. Who knows? I'll wait with bated breath.

Again you're reading what I'm typing and flying off the handle. The PS2's games library was superior to the other consoles, which played a massive part in its success. Games are important, I'm not underestimating the power of games, I mean nobody buys a console just for the hardware, you're not wrong, but you seem to think that a handful of Nintendo games sprinkled with the odd gem like The Wonderful 101 will shift systems and so far it hasn't happened and there is no evidence to suggest things will change, just as there is no evidence to suggest the Wii U will be an abject failure and a big money loser for Nintendo.

Nintendo's Wii U woes wouldn't be quite so severe if they had a steady stream of games coming out both first and third party, but this isn't happening is it? What games are coming out in March and April? It's drought compounded with drought and I feel sorry for any person who only owns a Wii U and nothing else. They really aren't getting their money's worth and I reckon there will be people who have bought a Wii U who probably won't buy another Nintendo home console ever again, I should know as I'm one of them. As a consumer I've lost faith in Nintendo's home console offerings and never again will I spend my hard-earned money on one.

EDIT2:
Also, Nintendo has said they need to change. http://www.siliconer...Oc (Siliconera) Here is Iwata saying he failed at reading what gamers in the west want, and he needs to adapt Nintendo's strategy to what the west wants as well.

Yes and he mentioned how he's going to base the next Nintendo home console on the architecture of the Wii U, a failing console.

He's also mentioned plans for smartphones and tablets.

Yes really addressing the problems and shortcomings isn't he?

As I say, I'll wait and see what Nintendo does, but to me their words don't match their actions and I cannot take companies or people like that seriously.

It's all a bit wish washy for me.

#79 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

The PS4 doesn't have much of a games library and yet is the fastest selling console in UK history, it's been out for around three months and has shifted over 5 million units.

Games will either save the Wii U or they won't, everybody including myself thought that SM3DW would be the must have killer exclusive for the Wii U and it hasn't happened. I hope it happens with Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros because if it doesn't then I really worry about Nintendo's future in the home console market.

If the Wii U fails it will be for a variety of reasons, the console itself being one of those factors. To downplay hardware is just plain ignorance, pig ignorance on your part.

Also if you think Nintendo not utilising the Gamepad more is their main shortcoming then I really despair because that's the least worrying of all their shortcomings.

I will ignore what Nintendo is saying because Nintendo's talk doesn't correlate with their actions. Who knows? I'll wait with bated breath.

Again you're reading what I'm typing and flying off the handle. The PS2's games library was superior to the other consoles, which played a massive part in its success. Games are important, I'm not underestimating the power of games, I mean nobody buys a console just for the hardware, you're not wrong, but you seem to think that a handful of Nintendo games sprinkled with the odd gem like The Wonderful 101 will shift systems and so far it hasn't happened and there is no evidence to suggest things will change, just as there is no evidence to suggest the Wii U will be an abject failure and a big money loser for Nintendo.

Nintendo's Wii U woes wouldn't be quite so severe if they had a steady stream of games coming out both first and third party, but this isn't happening is it? What games are coming out in March and April? It's drought compounded with drought and I feel sorry for any person who only owns a Wii U and nothing else. They really aren't getting their money's worth and I reckon there will be people who have bought a Wii U who probably won't buy another Nintendo home console ever again, I should know as I'm one of them. As a consumer I've lost faith in Nintendo's home console offerings and never again will I spend my hard-earned money on one.

Yes and he mentioned how he's going to base the next Nintendo home console on the architecture of the Wii U, a failing console.

He's also mentioned plans for smartphones and tablets.

Yes really addressing the problems and shortcomings isn't he?

As I say, I'll wait and see what Nintendo does, but to me their words don't match their actions and I cannot take companies or people like that seriously.

It's all a bit wish washy for me.

(Note: There is a third edit)

I'm not saying a few games will save Nintendo. I'm saying games will save Nintendo's Wii U. Not game. Not five games. Not ten games. But many games.

Yes, there is probably another drought of two months with no game release. Isn't that bad? That's a big reason the Wii U stopped selling. Most of it's sales came at launch. When there were games to buy. But then the games stopped coming.

And hardware is important. Nintendo couldn't release a 16 bit machine and expect it to sell like hotcakes. Just like Sony can't sell a console with no games. But Nintendo's Wii U is capable of beautiful graphics. X proves that.

And thank you for name calling. I haven't told you that your ignorant, nor have I used the words"pig ignorance" to describe you. In fact, I have defended you when people call you negative things and negative comments.

:/

#80 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

InternetPolice.png

Are you trying make me unleash the PachterForce on you?

MichaelPachter11.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!