Photo

Has Nintendo's decision to transition into HD development late in the game..

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

come back to haunt them? 

We all by now that Nintendo has had trouble with HD. This has been confirmed Iwata by various interviews. Because of this, many games seem to have been unheard from for a long time (Yarn Yoshi, FE X ST etc).. Do you think Nintendo should of entered the HD Market as soon as Microsoft and Sony did? I think so. They're obviously unfamiliar with HD, which is resulting in games that should be completed quicker coming out later. 

Edited by Zinix, 18 January 2014 - 01:18 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

Sony and MS actually jumped too early from a financial standpoint and showed in all the developers that went bankrupt. MS nor Sony was really prepared for HD games and both console released a year before they should have. Nintendo would be in a worse position had they jumped in 2006. They released a tweener system. It benefited them. Developing HD games is not a dip the toe in the pool but to jump in. One thing Nintendo did right is partner up with other 3rd parties to co develop games like Smash bros with Namco. Tecmo with Hyrule Warriors. They have guidance from other devs on HD development. So HD development they are new but it's not hurting them.Wii U's struggles is not a software issue. It's a marketing one.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Nope, they just released the Wii U too late. SD was a good choice, but they should have an actual Wii 2 with the Wii Mote plus and HD back in 2010.

2lvmghw.png

#5 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

I think the original Wii should have had hd and should have had closer specs because the console lost out on a lot of 3rd party developers because of there not being HD because that install base was huge. EA would have put Mass Effect on the Wii if it was possible in a heart beat with a huge install base like 100 million

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

I think the original Wii should have had hd and should have had closer specs because the console lost out on a lot of 3rd party developers because of there not being HD because that install base was huge. EA would have put Mass Effect on the Wii if it was possible in a heart beat with a huge install base like 100 million

Yea, but would the Wii have sold 100 million if it was as powerful as the PS360? Could have, but probably not. $250 is one of the main factors why the Wii was such a hot item several years ago.

2lvmghw.png

#7 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

Yea, but would the Wii have sold 100 million if it was as powerful as the PS360? Could have, but probably not. $250 is one of the main factors why the Wii was such a hot item several years ago.

I think it would have sold less like maybe around 80-90 million but I think the main reason it got where it did was because Nintendo got the casual audience and I think the casual audience would still buy it at a higher price but maybe I'm wrong not sure

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

HD development kills you if you handle it poorly. nintendo tried to avoid it claiming diminishing returns makes it not worth it. your choice wither to agree. this gen i expect, or atleast hope for them to have small expansions to current team size, but gain more from having more dev teams subsequently making more high quality games. this would allow more good games to be released and the extra teams allow for less time between game releases. see that as a more likly rought than AAA only rought everyone else went, and see it as overall much more sustainable.

#9 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

I just thought nintendo took forever to develop games because they actually try to make their games with as little bugs as possible.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

Im pretty sure I recall Nintendo themselves stating this several times...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

I just don't understand how they weren't prepared for it.  They had an entire console generation to watch and learn as other developers made HD games, and they even made their own HD console, so why are they having so many issues?  They're not some 3rd party dev learning someone else's hardware; its what they made and produced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!