Photo

RUMOR: Wii U version of Watch Dogs cancelled.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Ok not looking good guys.. Ubisoft response...""WE HAVE NOTHING TO COMMENT AT THE MOMENT". Seems pretty clear to me I guess we will see.

http://www.nintendol...llation_rumours

Edited by GAMER1984, 24 January 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#42 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

Ok not looking good guys.. Ubisoft response...""WE HAVE NOTHING TO COMMENT AT THIS THE MOMENT". Seems pretty clear to me I guess we will see.

Crazy. That's a lot of time, resources, and money wasted... unless they didn't put as much effort into it as they were making it sound. Bastards

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#43 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Crazy. That's a lot of time, resources, and money wasted... unless they didn't put as much effort into it as they were making it sound. Bastards

Yep its crazy I just committed to buying it day 1. I saw this coming though to be honest. When they delayed I was like man I can see the U version being dropped especially after ACIV. It just isn't worth it from a business standpoint to them. No biggie I have come at peace that my Wii U will be a 1st party Indie gaming machine.

#44 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

Ok not looking good guys.. Ubisoft response...""WE HAVE NOTHING TO COMMENT AT THE MOMENT". Seems pretty clear to me I guess we will see.

I'm starting to get a bit worried now.

According to CVG several gamestops in italy have said that the wii u version is cancelled, not just the one which started the original rumour. And now we have this response from Ubisoft.

I was really looking forward to this game. Whats even worse is that if it is cancelled then that means no more ubisoft games on wii u...

#45 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

Maybe Ubisoft is having more issues then just with a Wii U release... maybe development issues all around.. ?

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#46 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

The uplay community on miiverse is filled with people talking about this rumour.

#47 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

its not a roumor anymore...

http://mynintendonew...tch-dogs-wii-u/

these statements, always end up bad... lol

Edited by Plutonas, 24 January 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#48 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

It wasn't cancelled.The italian store cancelled the preorders because the release date was changed.The mess is sorted out now.

Maybe a release date of 28/02/14 which is a Friday. Now this 'could' be a timed exclusive for WiiU???
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#49 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

It wasn't cancelled.The italian store cancelled the preorders because the release date was changed.The mess is sorted out now.

Maybe a release date of 28/02/14 which is a Friday. Now this 'could' be a timed exclusive for WiiU???

So what is your drug of choice?

#50 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Anyone thinking websites prove anything, http://www.gamestop....iiU/Games/32025
GS websites are seperate from their stores in Europe, and also nothing means anything unless it's from ubisoft or the platform holder.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#51 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

If it's cancelled, why not just come out and say so. Why wait or delay the announcement?

#52 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

If it's cancelled, why not just come out and say so. Why wait or delay the announcement?

Probably waiting to see January and February numbers before deciding. I say Ubisoft grow some balls and make a decision now. I can put that money elsewhere.

Edited by GAMER1984, 24 January 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#53 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Confirmation on status:

Gamestop computers in both Italy and US had errors that canceled the game. The errors have been fixed, the game is available for preorder again in both countries. Ubisoft not cancelling. Kotaku Updated, explained the situation, and apologized.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#54 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Confirmation on status:

Gamestop computers in both Italy and US had errors that canceled the game. The errors have been fixed, the game is available for preorder again in both countries. Ubisoft not cancelling. Kotaku Updated, explained the situation, and apologized.

Did ubisoft or Nintendo confirm? I just find it so ballless of them not to just come out and say no the game is coming. They could have ended this as soon as it started but Nintendo customers aren't priority. If this was a sony or microsoft thing they would have squashed these rumors quick.

#55 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Did ubisoft or Nintendo confirm? I just find it so ballless of them not to just come out and say no the game is coming. They could have ended this as soon as it started but Nintendo customers aren't priority. If this was a sony or microsoft thing they would have squashed these rumors quick.

It was Gamestop.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#56 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

It was Gamestop.

I know but when asked for a comment on the situation they said and still yet no comment. How hard would it have been for Ubi to say we haven't canceled the game WiiU fans rest easy the game is still coming... End of all the confusionwith one statement.

#57 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

I know but when asked for a comment on the situation they said and still yet no comment. How hard would it have been for Ubi to say we haven't canceled the game WiiU fans rest easy the game is still coming... End of all the confusionwith one statement.

Because Ubi doesn't give a damn about Wii U owners. 

pNgecl.gif

#58 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Pre ordered it. Looks to be a June release

#59 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

Kotakus update.

Watch dogs on its way to wii u.

http://kotaku.com/ga...this-1508273787

#60 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

Kotakus update.

Watch dogs on its way to wii u.

http://kotaku.com/ga...this-1508273787

very, very sad ubisoft didnt step to the plate and assure Wii U owners that the game was safe and progressing well in development and would be ready for release as intended. VERY SAD! if this doesnt show you as a Wii U owner how much 3rd parties care for you nothing will.

Edited by GAMER1984, 25 January 2014 - 12:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!