Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:
    ☃

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

http://www.4gamer.ne...03/20140124036/

Capcom has announced (January 26, 2014), held the "Monster Hunter Festa '13 Finals" in Tokyo today, and will release in the fall of 2014 the latest series of the "Monster Hunter 4G". Platform Nintendo 3DS. It should be noted that the save data of "4" and almost take over.

eEG8Ies.png

#2 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

I guess it's about time for me to get into the Monster Hunter series so I know what people are talking about. 

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

Yeah.

Fuq dat.

Where is my Resident Evil Tyrant VS Tyrant mashup Capcom, with Brachydios guest character. Get on that shiz already.

None of this hashworks potato.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

http://www.4gamer.ne...03/20140124036/

Capcom has announced (January 26, 2014), held the "Monster Hunter Festa '13 Finals" in Tokyo today, and will release in the fall of 2014 the latest series of the "Monster Hunter 4G". Platform Nintendo 3DS. It should be noted that the save data of "4" and almost take over.

No mention of a wiiu version? Do you guys have much trouble with the camera on the 3ds version of 3u? I played both versions of 3U and found that navigating the 3ds version was much harder, so I love the dual sticks. As much as I love my 3ds that is still one point on Which Nintendo screwed up. Anyway, I only want to invest(time&money) once on a mh main series game.

Also, with the dual release in mind, Capcom might have a better HD conversion as in the 3U versions.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

No mention of a wiiu version? Do you guys have much trouble with the camera on the 3ds version of 3u? I played both versions of 3U and found that navigating the 3ds version was much harder, so I love the dual sticks. As much as I love my 3ds that is still one point on Which Nintendo screwed up. Anyway, I only want to invest(time&money) once on a mh main series game.

Also, with the dual release in mind, Capcom might have a better HD conversion as in the 3U versions.

Well, The game supports the second stick add on... But i dont use it. I have no problems using my right thumb to control the camera via the on screen dpad. Then again, I played the psp versions, and those ones had neither a camera control on the right side, It was controlled by the pso's dpad, right under the nub used for movement, nor did they have the camera lock on. Those ones WERE troublesome. For the entirety of the veteran user base, the 3ds version was a god send in playability.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

It only felt like an issue in underwater combat, where moving the camera in multiple directions all the time was necessary.   While MH4 has more verticality, I don't think it will be enough to cause issue.  That said, I will probably get a circle pad at some point anyway.

Is this confirmed for the west yet?  I just checked capcom's forum, and they added a Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate section, and they don't add a section for a single game unless its coming west.

Edit: Nevermind, 2015 for the west.  Hype time....just...hype time.

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 26 January 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

It only felt like an issue in underwater combat, where moving the camera in multiple directions all the time was necessary.   While MH4 has more verticality, I don't think it will be enough to cause issue.  That said, I will probably get a circle pad at some point anyway.

Is this confirmed for the west yet?  I just checked capcom's forum, and they added a Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate section, and they don't add a section for a single game unless its coming west.

Edit: Nevermind, 2015 for the west.  Hype time....just...hype time.

I dont even use the camera control for underwater... Ive found the camera lock on to be nothing short of perfect for flawless approaches, from virtually any angle or direction. To the point that i still use it for the wii u version.

And yes, hype.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

You've forgotten the important part: It's coming to NA as Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in early 2015.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

Is it actually coming out next year in the west? Awesome. I'm guessing the version we get is 4G, but probably called 4 ultimate.

Bring the noise.

#10 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

I guess it's about time for me to get into the Monster Hunter series so I know what people are talking about. 

I wouldn't advise it without a lot of research. The youtube videos don't really seem to do it justice. It's both better and worse than most videos show. Most of the videos I've seen show people constantly fighting these massive creatures, and it's epic. That is only part of the equation. It's deceivingly more difficult than it looks. I mean a LOT more difficult if you haven't played one before. I found Dark Souls difficult, but getting through all the monsters on Monster Hunter is way more of a challenge for me. Check out a demo if you can before buying! If you get past the slow pace and difficulty though, it'll be one of the most rewarding gaming experiences you can have.

also: HYPE!!!

#11 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Adding to what gecko said, MH has one of the highest entry barriers in gaming.  It isn't easy to get into, but if you do get in and find out you like it, you're looking at 200 hours per game, minimum.  Trust me, the game is a lot deeper than it looks, and there are a bunch of interconnected systems that work together in the game.  That said, if you have any questions, ask away.  I enjoy answering questions about the series and helping people.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm gonna go listen to MH4 music, and try to contain my hype.  Its gonna be a long year.

#12 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

I told you guys we were getting MH4G/U and not MH4. For those of you who don't like under water fighting you are in luck since they took out underwater fighting. My Lagiacrus armor  :(

LordPickleton.png

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

I dont even use the camera control for underwater... Ive found the camera lock on to be nothing short of perfect for flawless approaches, from virtually any angle or direction. To the point that i still use it for the wii u version.

And yes, hype.

The first time I played Monster Hunter was on Vita with the PSP version and using the right stick for camera was pretty good. You could pick X axis or Y axis only if you wanted.

Then I played the 3ds and Wii U Monster Hunter games and I agree, the lock on system is very good

#14 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

The first time I played Monster Hunter was on Vita with the PSP version and using the right stick for camera was pretty good. You could pick X axis or Y axis only if you wanted.

Then I played the 3ds and Wii U Monster Hunter games and I agree, the lock on system is very good

I had a brutal time playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP Go. I couldn't play for more than an hour at a time because my hand would start to hurt so much. I just ended up not using the camera look at all, and just sticking to the left bumper to face center. Got pretty good, but I prefer the dual analog anyday.

#15 WydrA_Makes_Dupe_Accounts

WydrA_Makes_Dupe_Accounts

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Adding to what gecko said, MH has one of the highest entry barriers in gaming.  It isn't easy to get into, but if you do get in and find out you like it, you're looking at 200 hours per game, minimum.  Trust me, the game is a lot deeper than it looks, and there are a bunch of interconnected systems that work together in the game.  That said, if you have any questions, ask away.  I enjoy answering questions about the series and helping people.

Now if you all will excuse me, I'm gonna go listen to MH4 music, and try to contain my hype.  Its gonna be a long year.

LOL I accidentally deleted a friend's monster hunter account in grade 7. Now I realize why he made a such a big deal out of it :P

Edited by TotallyNotWydrA, 27 January 2014 - 11:02 PM.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

DexterousGecko, on 28 Jan 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:
I had a brutal time playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP Go. I couldn't play for more than an hour at a time because my hand would start to hurt so much. I just ended up not using the camera look at all, and just sticking to the left bumper to face center. Got pretty good, but I prefer the dual analog anyday.

PSP_Claw.jpg

Some peoples hands are still stuck like this, to this day.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

PSP_Claw.jpg

Some peoples hands are still stuck like this, to this day.

psp-go-oxcgn.jpg

Oh, I know the claw lol. Try it with this beast and tell me how your hand feels. *shudder* Just looking at it makes my hand cramp up.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

psp-go-oxcgn.jpg
Oh, I know the claw lol. Try it with this beast and tell me how your hand feels. *shudder* Just looking at it makes my hand cramp up.

whoa70sguygif.gif

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

What's sad is that means I might actually be in Japan when this releases over here in the west. So it won't even matter. T.T

pNgecl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!