76 replies to this topic

#21 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

LOL...... try putting a ps3 game in da ps4

I have a PS3, why would i put my ps3 games in a ps4? Do you put your super nintendo cartridges in your Wii U? I certainly don't.

#22 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

I have a PS3, why would i put my ps3 games in a ps4? Do you put your super nintendo cartridges in your Wii U? I certainly don't.

I can put my Wii games in my WiiU. I can put PSone games in my PS2/PS3. I can use my Genesis controller on my SEGA Master System.

Those with a Gen1 Genny with a converter could play SMS games on Genny. I can play DS games in my 3DS. I can gplay GBA games in my DS Lite. I can play some Xbox games on my 360. Shenmue II being one of them. Gamecube games on my Wii. Even for Atari 5200 people were not happy it was not BC. So they fixed that the next system.

For people who collect consoles BC isn't as big a issue but for those who do not. It is. Would not cost them that much more to put PS3 on a chip and put it in the PS4. When Sony did it for PS3 it cost 27$ to produce. It got cheaper quickly before they abandoned it. BC doesn't cost much. Nintendo does it and they are scrutinized and accused of being cheap with consoles. WiiU has Wii on a chip. All MS and Sony had to do but they are the ones getting a free pass. So yes they want you to buy some other service or on their store the game you already bought.

It's a load of BS.

#23 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Again where PS4 offers nothing or XBO.

You mean like Nintendo with its constant rehases of Mario and Zelda?

#24 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Sadly, the innovative thing about the PS4, other than the controller, appears to be Sony asking this question:

What do we need to give core gamers and developers, from a hardware standpoint, to create the maximum amount of utility within this budget for hardware?

Valve is the only company that seems to do this on the PC side. 

Microsoft and Nintendo tried to control demographics, and Sony catered to them. 

#25 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

You mean like Nintendo with its constant rehases of Mario and Zelda?

WTF is a rehases?

Maybe you don't play their new IP's or played old series that innovated to bring new fans to a genre and series. Fire Emblem Awakening or Xenoblade for example. Guess you did not Import Captain Rainbow where Birdo says sh!t every other second and rams himself with a Dildo..not joking...weird but great game. Look at Japan or handhelds is where you see most of it but a good bit comes west as well on consoles. People use this same old BS argument but they look at Nintendo though a pinhole with only one eye with 20/70 vision. They don't look around that Nintendo either brings tons of NEW IP's all the same publish or develop but still labeled a s Nintendo IP or they often innovate with an existing series. Otherwise X would not exist without Xenoblade and Fire Emblem series be dead after Awakening .

Edited by Ryudo, 27 February 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#26 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

WTF is a rehases?

Maybe you don't play their new IP's or played old series that innovated to bring new fans to a genre and series. Fire Emblem Awakening or Xenoblade for example. Guess you did not Import Captain Rainbow where Birdo says sh!t every other second and rams himself with a Dildo..not joking...weird but great game. Look at Japan or handhelds is where you see most of it but a good bit comes west as well on consoles. People use this same old BS argument but they look at Nintendo though a pinhole with only one eye with 20/70 vision. They don't look around that Nintendo either brings tons of NEW IP's all the same publish or develop but still labeled a s Nintendo IP or they often innovate with an existing series. Otherwise X would not exist without Xenoblade and Fire Emblem series be dead after Awakening .

I meant to type rehashes, sorry about that.

Also Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are not Nintendo IP's, just because Nintendo bought those studios doesn't mean those games were created by Nintendo does it? Fire Emblem was developed prior to Intelligent Systems merging with Nintendo.

Also Xenoblade Chronicles has links to the Xenogears and Xenosaga's, the reason Xenoblade Chronicles came to the Wii was because Nintendo bought the company.

In truth the last franchise created by Nintendo which has become semi-popular is Pikmin 3.

The list of Nintendo's franchises is very small and out of that small list Mario and Zelda seem to be used more often than not which can be considered a form of oversaturation.

#27 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

I can put my Wii games in my WiiU. I can put PSone games in my PS2/PS3. I can use my Genesis controller on my SEGA Master System.

Those with a Gen1 Genny with a converter could play SMS games on Genny. I can play DS games in my 3DS. I can gplay GBA games in my DS Lite. I can play some Xbox games on my 360. Shenmue II being one of them. Gamecube games on my Wii. Even for Atari 5200 people were not happy it was not BC. So they fixed that the next system.

For people who collect consoles BC isn't as big a issue but for those who do not. It is. Would not cost them that much more to put PS3 on a chip and put it in the PS4. When Sony did it for PS3 it cost 27$ to produce. It got cheaper quickly before they abandoned it. BC doesn't cost much. Nintendo does it and they are scrutinized and accused of being cheap with consoles. WiiU has Wii on a chip. All MS and Sony had to do but they are the ones getting a free pass. So yes they want you to buy some other service or on their store the game you already bought.

It's a load of BS.

Actually, putting a PS3 in the PS4 would be VERY expensive, as none of the hardware is remotely similar.  Its not just a chip, you would have to replicate everything and then tie it into the PS4 OS somehow.

While I would LOVE to have BC on the PS4 so I only have one console, I would even have been willing to pay £100 more for that facility, most people would not.  So they would have needed two SKUs and with having enough trouble manufacturing the standard PS4, and getting the OS barely functional for launch, it would have delayed things and given Microsoft the upper hand.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#28 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Also Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are not Nintendo IP's, just because Nintendo bought those studios doesn't mean those games were created by Nintendo does it? Fire Emblem was developed prior to Intelligent Systems merging with Nintendo.

Also Xenoblade Chronicles has links to the Xenogears and Xenosaga's, the reason Xenoblade Chronicles came to the Wii was because Nintendo bought the company.

In truth the last franchise created by Nintendo which has become semi-popular is Pikmin 3.

The list of Nintendo's franchises is very small and out of that small list Mario and Zelda seem to be used more often than not which can be considered a form of oversaturation.

Xenoblade has no links to Gears or Saga. It was given the name for marketing. It's original Title was Monando Beginning of the World. The name change was pretty late.

Yes that makes them 1st party therefor Nintendo developed. Just as much Sonic team is SEGA and Naughtydog is Sony. Funny how people are such hypocrites. Uncharted SONY BRINGS NEW IP's! Xenoblade NOT NINTENDO MADE.

#29 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

The PS4 isn't innovative. but it doesn't have to be. It simply made a good thing better.

And judging by the sales, that's all anyone wanted.

The Wii U on the other hand, is very innovative and had the POTENTIAL to lead the entire industry. but it wasn't executed well. While not underpowered, it really could have benefitted from some hardware overkill. and then there is the lack of games. Sure, the few Nintendo games that trickle out are exellent for what they are, but no one want's 2Desque platformers. The gamepad had big potential and Nintendo knew it. but unfortunately, they just couldn't think of how to make it NECESSARY (thought Zelda and Metroid MAY change that). When one of the biggest games in DKTF completely eschews it, you know there are problems.

People liked traditional gaming and they liked cutting edge graphics. that's why they are buying PS4.

The console isn't anything groundbreaking. The controller is mostly the same stuff with a touchpad (far cry from the wii Us full on touch screen).

I would at least include the camera if it was bundled in.  But it's not. so I won't.

PS4. Innovative? Not really. A great gaming console? Yep.

#30 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

The Wii U has a tablet you do nothing with .

What's innovative about the Wii U?

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#31 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Also Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are not Nintendo IP's, Hate to burst your bubble, but uh... http://en.wikipedia....lligent_Systems

Intelligent Systems was founded BY a developer hired by Nintendo...who was originally hired by Nintendo to help co-develop Fire Emblem with Nintendo R&D1. This, to me, would logically conclude that Fire Emblem is indeed a Nintendo IP. And honestly, same goes for Xenoblade. Nintendo owns the company that made the game, so they also own the rights TO said game, AKA: Nintendo IP. 

Also Xenoblade Chronicles has links to the Xenogears and Xenosaga's, the reason Xenoblade Chronicles came to the Wii was because Nintendo bought the company. The only "link" to Xenogears and the Xenosaga series is that the director of Xenogears/Saga was director of Xenoblade, and the game was renamed Xenoblade from its previous title "Monado: Beginning of the World" in order to honor Tetsuya Takahashi, the director of said games above.

And yes, the reason Xenoblade Chronicles came to the Wii was because Nintendo owned the company, which again would imply that Nintendo owns the IP rights to Xenoblade...seeing as they funded the whole project and all.

In truth the last franchise created by Nintendo which has become semi-popular is Pikmin 3. Don't forget Xenoblade, Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus, and a handful of other 3DS titles.

I would hope that Mario/Zelda are used more often that not seeing as they're some of the most notable company mascots and rake in more money for other franchises that may not sell as well or even be profitable at all. Remember, that Mario/Zelda money is more than likely the whole reason why other, smaller Nintendo-related projects exist such as Flingsmash, Pushmo/Crashmo, Sakura Samurai, and more notably The Wonderful 101 and the upcoming Bayonetta 2.

Responses in bold.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#32 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

LOL

Might as well slap Kirby and Pokemon to the nintendo owned franchises that don't count while you're at it, how about we throw in Smash Bros too?

Edited by Abcdude, 27 February 2014 - 04:09 PM.

794144.png?13383682

#33 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

The Wii U has a tablet you do nothing with .

What's innovative about the Wii U?

How about the fact that it actually HAS a tablet. One that works very well in game interactions such as Batmans batarang, Sniping, off TV play, video chat, even blowing into the mic to affect game play, browsing the internet, universal remote, etc. 

The only issue has been that it hasn't been utilized enough.

Then there is the fact that it has had its own social network since launch.

#34 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

What's the point of this thread? Is it to trash the ps4? Or to try to make a point that the wiiu tried to do something different? Seriously what is it?

#35 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

What's the point of this thread? Is it to trash the ps4? Or to try to make a point that the wiiu tried to do something different? Seriously what is it?

I think this: 

photo-6979.jpg?_r=1377278402

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#36 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

How about the fact that it actually HAS a tablet. One that works very well in game interactions such as Batmans batarang, Sniping, off TV play, video chat, even blowing into the mic to affect game play, browsing the internet, universal remote, etc. 

The only issue has been that it hasn't been utilized enough.

Then there is the fact that it has had its own social network since launch.

OH GOD NO!  I find games that utilise blowing into the mic to be the most annoying gimmick EVER.  Its even more annoying than waving your arms around with Kinect.

I liked the concept of the Gamepad, but by making it so multi-purpose (being able to put it in a stand for video chat, lay on the floor for golf, dock it as a gun sight) they messed up the ergonomics so its actually uncomfortable for its main purpose - being a standard dual-analog stick controller with a touchscreen in the middle.  The fact they then omitted the analog triggers, that the Gamecube had, was the icing on the cake.  I really don't know what they were thinking.

I would get a pro controller but quite frankly I do not use the Wii U enough to justify the cost.

So again the Wii U innovative?  Not so much.  Even the few unique things it does such as the game where you swipe things at the screen, the gamepad actually feels too cumbersome in one hand for that to work very well.  They forgot what made the Wiimote so popular, that it was small, light and easy to use.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#37 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Everything.

Sike, nothing really innovative about the ps4, it plays games. And that's it.

#38 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

OH GOD NO!  I find games that utilise blowing into the mic to be the most annoying gimmick EVER.  Its even more annoying than waving your arms around with Kinect.

I liked the concept of the Gamepad, but by making it so multi-purpose (being able to put it in a stand for video chat, lay on the floor for golf, dock it as a gun sight) they messed up the ergonomics so its actually uncomfortable for its main purpose - being a standard dual-analog stick controller with a touchscreen in the middle.  The fact they then omitted the analog triggers, that the Gamecube had, was the icing on the cake.  I really don't know what they were thinking.

I would get a pro controller but quite frankly I do not use the Wii U enough to justify the cost.

So again the Wii U innovative?  Not so much.  Even the few unique things it does such as the game where you swipe things at the screen, the gamepad actually feels too cumbersome in one hand for that to work very well.  They forgot what made the Wiimote so popular, that it was small, light and easy to use.

I actually thought it was cool.

But admittedly not "blow you away" (no pun intended. Lol) cool.

#39 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

I guess the only thing that comes to mind about the PS4 being innovative is the whole "HEY GUUUUUUUUUYS we're building the PS4 and we want input from all you beautiful 3rd Party devs. GO GO GO!"

I really don't remember any hardware creator doing that before. There probably has been a console that was like that though. Probably.

Not sure if joking.... or the joke seriously flew over your head.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#40 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:32 AM

Ps4 without 3rd party devs is nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic