Photo

Respawn Engineer: Titanfall benefits from Microsoft Cloud servers is real.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

“In sort of the traditional model of dedicated servers is you go to your server and that is your home base and you love it,” he explained. “One of the key things that is interesting about the Xbox Live Compute that runs on Azure is that they’ve commodotised servers so much, that we just don’t care. I can ask for a server, use it for 10 seconds, and then go like, ‘ah we don’t need it anymore’ and throw it out.”

Shiring admits that Xbox Live Compute has seemingly been shrugged off as a marketing gimmick by many onlookers, but thinks that all that might change with Titanfall: “And I know that the internet is very sceptical that this is real. Hopefully less so now that Titanfall is out and they realize that they really are playing on these servers out there."

it let them ”go crazy and do things like throw AI in multiplayer and have these ships flying around the world and all these things that in a peer-to-peer hosted game – I know this is a little technical, but in a peer-to-peer hosted game, the bandwidth isn’t there.”

He continued: “You’re not going to find all these home consoles that have the amount of CPU and bandwidth you need to be broadcasting that there’s 400 things moving this frame. It just melts down everything that is there. So once we can just tell the designers, ‘yeah don’t worry about it, just spawn that thing and make it move. It’s fine.’

http://mp1st.com/201...l/#.UyZbrfldVuB

I believe him. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

After a weekend of not really being able to play the game due to server overload please go sort the basics.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#3 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

After a weekend of not really being able to play the game due to server overload please go sort the basics.

Might want to reboot your router.

Been playing all weekend with one kick out right before a match around 8 pm.

Every single time other than that? Perfect. Smoothest multiplayer game experience I've ever had.

And with the sheer epic scale of the game - with the giant mechs, very well done particle effects and the npc involvement, with the giant monsters along with the map sizes and detail, I'd much rather they go for it like they have.

I think the giant MS server farms were the right place to host the console version of this game.

Not a huge fan of MS. but they are clearly trying very hard. And in the case of Titanfall, it's working. Credit where it's due.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 17 March 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#4 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:33 AM

So does this Azure cloud thing also count for us PC players?
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

lmfao.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

And Blast processing was real as well. :laugh:

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

lmfao.

Blast-2.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Well I've been having a blast on X1 but idk bout the PC tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!