YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Summary:
* Nintendo rejected the suggestion of a Hong Kong investor that Nintendo move towards smartphone games with the observation "are there any companies that have had sustained revenue growth from smartphone games?"
* The head of a large Chinese investment firm assigned to analyze Nintendo observed that "Nintendo must leverage its intellectual property, such as its characters." As a matter of fact, a few years ago there were rumours that Nintendo was planning to open a theme park based on its characters in Kyoto, but the project has apparently been mothballed. 
* These comments on Nintendo's existing properties reflect the irritation of investors who believe that the company has not found new sources of revenue.
*Consolidated profits and earnings for the fiscal year ending in March showed a loss of 35 billion yen, (compared to a 36.4 billion yen loss the year previously) representing three consecutive years of losses. 
*Iwata said "only after playing the WiiU is it possible to understand its appeal. Low sales are due to the console being not well-enough known." Within the company, proposals for how to play the WiiU are being considered.
*Current cash reserves are over 500 billion yen, but whether Iwata will be given unlimited time is a separate question. 
*At the general meeting in March 2011, Iwata was reappointed with 92.89% of the vote, but in 2013 he was reappointed with only 77.26%. 
*This coming June will be a major test for Iwata.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=794219

Iwata probably will be gone after June if his approve rate drops like it did last time. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hahaha they forgot that they made him God after the success of the DS and the Wii.  What a short memory these analysts have.

undOZ4c.png

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Hahaha they forgot that they made him God after the success of the DS and the Wii.  What a short memory these analysts have.

Doesn't matter. 

his approval rate last year dropped from 90 to 77.79. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Yeah, he got pretty lucky alright.
He hasn't been able to get lucky again yet though.

*At the general meeting in March 2011, Iwata was reappointed with 92.89% of the vote, but in 2013 he was reappointed with only 77.26%.

This pleases me.
I wonder if it was lower this year.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

And 3DS. People have a REALLY short memory.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

The game industry has changed and I question if Iwata has what it takes to change and make decisions stepping out of his own way to ensure future success and mainstay in the industry. Right now Nintendo home console division is the joke of the industry (just my opinion) like with frostbite devs making fun of Wii U gamers today april fool or not. We need new management and new ideas... I am sorry but the QOL platform with a focus on F N "HEALTH" first ARE YOU KIDDING ME? you are a video game company let someone else worry about our health.

#7 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

The game industry has changed and I question if Iwata has what it takes to change and make decisions stepping out of his own way to ensure future success and mainstay in the industry. Right now Nintendo home console division is the joke of the industry (just my opinion) like with frostbite devs making fun of Wii U gamers today april fool or not. We need new management and new ideas... I am sorry but the QOL platform with a focus on F N "HEALTH" first ARE YOU KIDDING ME? you are a video game company let someone else worry about our health.

Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony, so on are all not health business's but they're all getting in on the game because theirs money in it, thats why Nintendo's jumping in too. Microsoft kinda did too with the kinect, and Nintendo did it with the Wii and kinda with the 3DS. It's not new.

I don't really want to see Iwata go. I know the great minds like Miyamoto would still be there (hopefully), and Nintendo needs to change some. I do not want them to go the ways of Sony/Microsoft. I'm sorry but two clones is enough.

Stupid Snowmads!

#8 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony, so on are all not health business's but they're all getting in on the game because theirs money in it, thats why Nintendo's jumping in too. Microsoft kinda did too with the kinect, and Nintendo did it with the Wii and kinda with the 3DS. It's not new.

I don't really want to see Iwata go. I know the great minds like Miyamoto would still be there (hopefully), and Nintendo needs to change some. I do not want them to go the ways of Sony/Microsoft. I'm sorry but two clones is enough.

we will see but my faith is dwindling by the day. I love them and my Wii U 3ds but damn... their home console strategy needs work MAJOR work

#9 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

Please understand...

3v09ix.jpg

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 02 April 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#10 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

anyone here think Miyamoto would make a good president?

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

anyone here think Miyamoto would make a good president?

He is a Game Designer; not a businessman. He would probably be more stubborn than Iwata is. Yoshi's Island was supposed to have the graphic style of Donkey Kong Country, but Miyamoto said "Scre You" and made it the exact opposite. I wouldn't want someone like that in charge of a business.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

Sakurai. He knows the gamer, He's got a vision and works tirelessly to achieve it. Appreciates the PS4, but understands how Nintendo does things to set themselves apart. He could blend the stuff Nintendo needs to be taking from the PS4 and One and combine it with the good and unique stuff at Nintendo to make awesome stuff happen.

Though he does need to be able to prove himself on a business side I suppose.

Edited by lucario23, 02 April 2014 - 06:56 PM.

#13 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Sakurai. He knows the gamer, He's got a vision and works tirelessly to achieve it. Appreciates the PS4, but understands how Nintendo does things to set themselves apart. He could blend the stuff Nintendo needs to be taking from the PS4 and One and combine it with the good and unique stuff at Nintendo to make awesome stuff happen.

Though he does need to be able to prove himself on a business side I suppose.

I hope you're bucking kidding.

That man is the most hard-headed, arrogant, self-sure,and often clueless manager. With side of tunnel vision.

Seriously, he's just as bad as, if not worse than Miyamoto, except instead of ignoring Iwata, he ignores his most passionate fans.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Miyamoto would remove anything that seems overcomplex to him. 

#15 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

He is a Game Designer; not a businessman. He would probably be more stubborn than Iwata is. Yoshi's Island was supposed to have the graphic style of Donkey Kong Country, but Miyamoto said "Scre You" and made it the exact opposite. I wouldn't want someone like that in charge of a business.

i remember that, however, seeing that he created my favorite snes game / mario game of all time ha I'm gonna say he knew best.

Miyamoto would remove anything that seems overcomplex to him. 

well people want something different from nintendo...the thing about firing someone is you better do it only if you have a good replacement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!