super metroid

team fortress 2

starcraft2

mario 64

honorable mentions

papermario ttyd

pikmin

tales of symphona

ME series (just re-pirated the first one)

MW2 (before activision overdone the series and turned it into complete rainbow)

last of us (great game, overhyped, doesnt have the replay value)

mario kart

legand of zelda, great games but not my favorite kind of game.

every other mario

portals (both, too short lived)

fire emblem

EVE (PC MMO, feel alone there)

Halo (quite possibly the only xbox game, to many fire and forget games)

goldeneye (single analog control when emulated+ aging sideeffects)

star wars rogue squadron

conker

games i forgot. (i know there are some.)

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

Anyone care to go into why these games are your faves? Long lists are to be frank boring.

That would be a horrible idea.

Because soon as I began describing one Id start remembering all the ones I inevitably forgot from this particular time I attempted a list that have similarities to the ones I was describing leading to a post so large it will destroy the very fabric of the universe itself.

By the way, if you like Ys, you may want to check out terranigma or alundra.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

So focus on 1 or 2 save the rest for later. Why I only went 2 otherwise I would have listed til the cows come home.

Also yeah I need to work on getting the Gaia trilogy. I have Illusion but not Soul Blazer yet. Terra I know of some repro cart places.

#24 CaiserZero

CaiserZero

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Mother

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

My favorite titles have less to do with how great they are and more to do with how much they've influenced me. So I think generally, those games would be

SotC: It's approach to a minimalistic narrative is what really made this game. It's push to have the player self-reflect is what opened me up to want to explore game narratives.

Majora's /ALTTP: Nintendo always knows how to speak to both children and adults. Both of these games demonstrate how to treat a child's mind with respect. It certainly made me feel that way as a child when I played.

Spec Ops: Can anyone talk about Spec Ops without giving it away? I mean, I guess one of the eariler elements I loved was just how abrassive it was towards modern shooters. Took a mundane genre and gave it so much depth. A depth not often spoken of in games. Just play it.

Nier: This game is flawed, but the powerhouse that was Kaine more than made up for it all. This game, visual and clothing mishaps aside, understands mature elements and how to speak about them. So great.

MGS: What's to say about this that hasn't already been said? Dear goodness Phantom Pain better be good.

Mother 3: Symbolism is everything in this game. Was one of the one games that I related to on a personal level. Ended up being therapeutic.

Smash, DMC 3, MGS 2/3/4, FF Tactics, maybe 999 (Japanese, not the terrible English translation), Over My Dead Body, Yume Nikki and Journey all rank up there for me as well.

Edited by CaiserZero, 11 April 2014 - 05:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!