Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

The positives far outweigh the fans' fear of change. If this really is a new Sonic universe, anything can happen. Just look at the various bizarro Spider-Man universes for proof of that. Hopefully, we won't see anyone kissing human princesses, or turning into werewolves, but rather a game that focuses on Sonic and his friends' strengths and the ways in which they can work as a team as they take on the world.
It's a strong team, too. Forget Rouge the Bat, Knack the Weasel and Cream the Rabbit (depressingly, every one of those is a real Sonic character), the roll call here is pure old-school Sonic. For those unfamiliar with the crew, that yellow fellow is Miles Prower, aka Tails the Fox, who has been following Sonic around with his cheery disposition and helicopter-like flying move since 1992 (crikey, we're getting old).

Next there's Amy, the pink hedgehog with the Piko Piko hammer, who fell in love with Sonic at first sight in Sonic CD a year later in 1993. Then there's Knuckles the Echidna, who made his debut as an antagonist in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 in 1994, meaning even this relative newbie has now been gruffly punching rocks for two entire decades. Finally, there's the Fastest Thing Alive, Sonic himself, heading up the team.

screenshot_63317_thumb_wide610.jpg

http://www.officialn...c-boom-preview/

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Sounds Good.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#3 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

http://cdn.medialib....umb_wide610.jpg

I love the graphics and design  in this screenshot.  This game looks more interesting than recent Sonic games. I just hope they have  Adventures 3 up their sleeves too.

http://www.officialn...rticle&id=63316

also this

No sig.

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

I hope it looks better and closer to the original screenshots from the crytek cryengine 3 video sample from 2011 I believe. so far I am not overly impressed with what I see... need to see more

#5 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

I just hope that this does not feel like generic adventure game in the style of Knack. I do hope it offers some compelling gameplay, and builds on the good found in Sonic's previous outings.

Somehow, I expect Uncharted with a Sonic mod to come from this. Throw in generic combat, and voila.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

I just hope that this does not feel like generic adventure game in the style of Knack. I do hope it offers some compelling gameplay, and builds on the good found in Sonic's previous outings.

Somehow, I expect Uncharted with a Sonic mod to come from this. Throw in generic combat, and voila.

This is OG naughty dog staff wise. I would set your sensors more on Jak and daxter 1 and 2 rather than uncharted.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Lonnie

Lonnie

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • NNID:Lonnie
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

I can't wait for it to come out!

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Is this a 3d platformer?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Looks more like a level 3-4 Open world adventure game, like Jak and Daxter... But with sonic.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Looks more like a level 3-4 Open world adventure game, like Jak and Daxter... But with sonic.

I haven't owned a Sonic game since Sonic 2 on Sega Genesis (just could never get into it like I could Mario) but I'm intrigued!  

Edited by Kokirii, 16 April 2014 - 05:58 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#11 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

This is OG naughty dog staff wise. I would set your sensors more on Jak and daxter 1 and 2 rather than uncharted.

I wish I had a chance to play those. I like what I have heard though. Gotta say-I am just so tired of interactive movies.

#12 Ninjaextreme

Ninjaextreme

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

This doesn't look like a sonic game.

We had quality 3d platformers on sonic games inc. sonic adventure 1,2,sonic heroes,sonic colors,sonic generations and lastly sonic lost world one of my favourite sonic game ever and oh yeah it's on wiiu in HD graphics.

Sonic lost world is the first sonic on Nintendo console in HD and gaves us 2 downloadable contents Yoshi,zelda zones that is great dlc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!