Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

http://playeressence...-copies-report/

rsJmlfi.jpg

Resident Evil 7 is apparently heading to the PS4, with Capcom planning to reveal the title at E3 2014. It seems as though the title is not exclusive, even though the PS4 was only mentioned.

According to the Japanese publication Sankei Shimbun, Resident Evil 7 will be revealed on the PS4 at E3 2014. Capcom is planning to sell 5.6 million copies of the title. The article only mentions the PS4, but with those sales predictions, I’m sure the title will be multiplatform.

Usually Japanese publications will only mention the PlayStation version, even though many of the games are coming to other platforms.

eEG8Ies.png

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Well at least the logo no longer look like a woman giving a giraffe a BJ like RE6. Maybe the only positive I can give the new RE main series.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

wtf. 

no xbro version?

V_V 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Gonna pass on this one. After 5 and 6 I'm no longer interested in RE.

pNgecl.gif

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Cant say I really believe current Capcom is capable of delivering a resident evil game worth my time..

Especially now that its blatantly obvious capcom makes games for the intent of checking off investors 'generic marketed game formula' boxes, instead of making games for people who play them.

The only thing real capcom has left is the monhun team, and its only a matter of time before they destroy them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Well I saw that fake logo last year too. Who the hell uses  "The war ends now" as a subtitle.

Anyway, I  hope this is legit  cause I'd love me some new RE.  But I hope it  will come to  Wii U, cause I'm not buying a PS4 anytime soon.

I always enjoy RE games, even when they're action... But this game should be like 4  or Lost in Nightmares.

Well I saw that fake logo last year too. Who the hell uses  "The war ends now" as a subtitle.

Anyway, I  hope this is legit  cause I'd love me some new RE.  But I hope it  will come to  Wii U, cause I'm not buying a PS4 anytime soon.

I always enjoy RE games, even when they're action... But this game should be like 4  or Lost in Nightmares.

No sig.

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

Cant say I really believe current Capcom is capable of delivering a resident evil game worth my time..

Especially now that its blatantly obvious capcom makes games for the intent of checking off investors 'generic marketed game formula' boxes, instead of making games for people who play them.

The only thing real capcom has left is the monhun team, and its only a matter of time before they destroy them.

As long as they have the people they do now in the US branch there is hope for Capcom. They get it. Japan side of Capcom is the clueless ones wanting these western heavy games. Without the US branch never got Strider back for example.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

As long as they have the people they do now in the US branch there is hope for Capcom. They get it. Japan side of Capcom is the clueless ones wanting these western heavy games. Without the US branch never got Strider back for example.

No, unfortunately, they arent. Stryder was designed by the japanese studio, with grunt work provided by double helix.

From an osaka studio staffed by displaced production studio 1 (among others) members.

Capcoms recent woes are the result of investors turning the company into a corporation. Being successful and making money is not enough for these people. They demand constant quarterly growth year after year after year after year.

Seeing the fact that some crap quality mobile games that cost no money to make have gone on to be stupid million sellers, and that cod annual releases are always million sellers have them demanding Capcom follow suit, or they will pull their investment, leaving capcom high and dry.

Since capcom no longer has their own money, they are now entirely at the mercy of their investors.

Enjoy gems like Stryder. Things like that are quickly going to transition from endangered to extinct if something doesnt change.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

My ps4 is ready for this. Although the series has been in decline for some time, I hope they make it as good as Revelations

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

No, unfortunately, they arent. Stryder was designed by the japanese studio, with grunt work provided by double helix.

From an osaka studio staffed by displaced production studio 1 (among others) members.

Capcoms recent woes are the result of investors turning the company into a corporation. Being successful and making money is not enough for these people. They demand constant quarterly growth year after year after year after year.

Seeing the fact that some crap quality mobile games that cost no money to make have gone on to be stupid million sellers, and that cod annual releases are always million sellers have them demanding Capcom follow suit, or they will pull their investment, leaving capcom high and dry.

Since capcom no longer has their own money, they are now entirely at the mercy of their investors.

Enjoy gems like Stryder. Things like that are quickly going to transition from endangered to extinct if something doesnt change.

No you don't get it. The fact it exists is because the US branch pushed it upon the thing ever happening. My boy has lunch with them and drinks with them often.

#11 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Well I know resi evil still gets a lot of hate but I'll at least be renting this.

Hope it goes back to a more horrory style. 

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#12 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

Heck revelations was good and sold well, maybe Capcom finally knows what's good for a Resident Evil game and will give us one like 4

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#13 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

Well at least the logo no longer look like a woman giving a giraffe a BJ like RE6. Maybe the only positive I can give the new RE main series.

I rather enjoy women giving giraffes Ben and Jerry's

6a00e552792fa28833010536a77667970c-pi.jp

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   Hilarious  :laugh:

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#14 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

Im ready for more RE!!!!!! this will push me to buy a ps4. that and kingdom hearts 3

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

No you don't get it. The fact it exists is because the US branch pushed it upon the thing ever happening. My boy has lunch with them and drinks with them often.

No, YOU dont get it. 

1. That game actually happening, and who requested what has jack all to do with the capability of making a resident evil game thats not 6 and operation racoon city garbage. Which was, you know, the entire point of the first post you quoted, and what you responded with was completely off the subject and context to the point of being non sensical as a reply to what I posted.

2. Things like that happening, are virtually done now. Maybe you missed the memo, but capcom 'intends to double down on only established iterative franchises for aaa games. And heavily persue the lucrative mobile games market.'

People who make games like strider. People who like innovating, and trying exciting new game concepts, or just not being forced to make mobile crap, or cookie cutter numbered repititions, wont stay and be forced into that crap.

They will leave.

Like how the people who created mega man left. Like how the people who made resident evil left. Like how the people who made Okami left. Like how the people who made devil may cry left....

So what the hell good is some good guys in Capcom USA trying to greenlight good projects going to do, when the only 'talent' left to make said projects are a bunch of tree climbing crap flingers?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Nah you're the one write all the essays you want but Capcom USA made it happen fact. Wikipedia all you want but the fact is my boy knows them personally and they made it happen. Capcom Japan has some talent but it's a family run business with rainbowheads running the place and always been like that. Just they stopped listening to ideas and made one bad decision after he next. They need a management change.

Not even reading your long winded rant. Nothing you can say I don't already know unless it's tech specs. I live and breath this industry from morning til night and will do so into death ashes in a console and been doing it for a long time.

Edited by DreamCat, 22 April 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#17 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

To be honest, both sides of capcom suck. Us side of Capcom are useless and so is the Japan side. I do hope RE7 meets everyone's standards but at the way 6 was handled, I don't think so. Prove me wrong, Capcom.

Edited by BASEDGOD Pachter, 22 April 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Ryudo VS 3dude.

Well since we all knew this thread wax going to be a "ugh RE" and/or "ugh PS4"...

POPCORN, GET YOUR POPCORN!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

Nah you're the one write all the essays you want but Capcom USA made it happen fact. Wikipedia all you want but the fact is my boy knows them personally and they made it happen. Capcom Japan has some talent but it's a family run business with rainbowheads running the place and always been like that. Just they stopped listening to ideas and made one bad decision after he next. They need a management change.

Not even reading your long winded rant. Nothing you can say I don't already know unless it's tech specs. I live and breath this industry from morning til night and will do so into death ashes in a console and been doing it for a long time.

You havent read ANY of my posts; not even the first one you responded to, because NONE OF YOUR RESPONSES HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT IVE SAID.

For example. I NEVER REFUTED THAT CAPCOM USA GREENLIGHTED THE GAME (Greenlight means they gave the call to start the gamesKE production).

I refuted the SUBJECT of your post, 'Capcom will be all right as long as the us branch has dem guys', NOT that you claimed they were responsible for greenlighting the game.

I simply stated they didnt DESIGN/MAKE THE GAME.

And then I posited the logical argument that you dont seem to be able to understand:

What good is a couple of suits who greenlight games like Stryder IF THERE IS NO LONGER ANYONE LEFT WHO CAN MAKE A GOOD GAME?

Holy crap its like im talking to saturn.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

I rather enjoy women giving giraffes Ben and Jerry's

6a00e552792fa28833010536a77667970c-pi.jp

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   Hilarious  :laugh:

I know 5 and 6 didn't but Revelations started out as a Nintendo exclusive and still ended up on the Wii U. But yeah  there might be the 'hardware power' unicorn tongue excuse.

One thing's for certain though:  if RE7 isn't "next-gen"  only,  it will arive on the Wii U.

No sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!