• NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

Nintendo figurine platform.

34l.jpg

Small R&D price tag sounds about right.

Except they started 1-2 years ago.
If it was R&D it'd be spent then, wouldn't it?
Or is the $100m a price to make factories to make plastic?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

Except they started 1-2 years ago.
If it was R&D it'd be spent then, wouldn't it?
Or is the $100m a price to make factories to make plastic?

Yeah, this would be the development/execution end of research and development.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:30 AM

I bet my house on Nintendo spending the 100 mill on the "Nintendo Cloud" that has the power of 3 Xbone's.

index.jpg

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:16 AM

I bet my house on Nintendo spending the 100 mill on the "Nintendo Cloud" that has the power of 3 Xbone's.

attachicon.gifindex.jpg

Your post is VERY funny... rumors did say some of nintendo was researching cloud based applications GPGPU or what not.  Something no one has mention yet is VR could nintendo follow suit and be playing ball with Sony and Microsoft. I think we will find out next month.

found the article

http://mynintendonew...loud-computing/

Edited by GAMER1984, 08 May 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#25 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

They got you at "NEW"

:D  I don`t think they were saying in that way! QoL is still new.

Nintendo have denied the DSi XL, 3DS XL and 2DS months before they announced them.

I don't think 100 million is a lot for a large company.

Didn`t know about that.

100 million may not be a lot for Nintendo, but considering that they don`t go around buying 100M of tech every year, when they do it, it`s got to be something big.

#26 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

VitalitySensor.jpg

The vitality sensor returns as the QoL system.

That's exactly what I was thinking of.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#27 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:43 AM

Nanomachines...it's nanomachines :P They'll measure your heart rate, blood pressure temperature and directly manipulate your visual cortex for an Augmented Reality experience. Nothing "worn" on the body...Just inside it

Edited by Penguin101, 08 May 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#28 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

Now we know what that new hardware is for. It's for emerging markets.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

Your post is VERY funny... rumors did say some of nintendo was researching cloud based applications GPGPU or what not.  Something no one has mention yet is VR could nintendo follow suit and be playing ball with Sony and Microsoft. I think we will find out next month.

found the article

http://mynintendonew...loud-computing/

PokéBank

No, it's not VR, they're having enough trouble coming up with ideas for the gamepad.
Nintendo are a company that tries to focus on one thing at a time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

"Nintendo confirmed it spent over $150 million on new tech and it was not Tomita Tech related,a non-Japan non-games co.,Can you find who?"

https://twitter.com/...547992008417282

So, this is what we have:

• $150 million aquisition
  • Non-games related
  • Non-Japanese company

Dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#31 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

I'm just going to guess that they have invested in Blackberry, so that they can use QNX as the core of their game system's OS.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#32 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

I'm just going to guess that they have invested in Blackberry, so that they can use QNX as the core of their game system's OS.

As a blackberry user i am ok with this

#33 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

As a blackberry user i am ok with this

yeah I personally can see Nintendo and Blackberry working together. Blackberry's specialty is in web services and system cores, both of which Nintendo is lacking a bit. And maybe BB10 devices can work with nintendo games, such as having auxiliary/assistance apps for Nintendo games or acting as a constant internet source for the 3DS

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#34 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

index.jpg

Would be great... If the Wii u had an Ethernet jack...

Or wifi drivers that actually let the box get decent streaming speeds.

You're not getting any cloud augmented computing benefit with what we have. At least not in games. It would require an add on. Not a bad idea though.

And the ms idea of cloud power simply has to do with server hosting certain multiplayer assets. Quite a load of jive. Yes. That's the technical term.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 13 May 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

Would be great... If the Wii u had an Ethernet jack...

Or wifi drivers that actually let the box get decent streaming speeds.

You're not getting any cloud augmented computing benefit with what we have. At least not in games. It would require an add on. Not a bad idea though.

And the ms idea of cloud power simply has to do with server hosting certain multiplayer assets. Quite a load of jive. Yes. That's the technical term.

Yeah, not to mention the fact 100 million is nowhere NEAR enough to establish the global server infrastructure necessary to get any manner of real predictable, reliable, USEABLE, INTERACTIVE cloud computing benefit.

Even microsoft doesnt have that, and they spent BILLIONS and many many years building their server infrastructure.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

Microsoft's server's are fine. Proplem is Comcast and end-user access to internet in general.

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

Microsoft's server's are fine. Proplem is Comcast and end-user access to internet in general.

Nope, not even microsofts massive global infrastructure, even if all flaws were removed and it was allowed to function at peak theoretical capacity, is enough to actually use cloud computing in the way ms marketing has been pushing.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Too bad we will never know for sure.

#39 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

grahamf, on 14 May 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:
Too bad we will never know for sure.

We know for sure.

All the fud misinformation, and marketing meant to keep consumers indoctrinated and ignorant in the world is never going to debunk a college education.

Microsoft keeps attempting to talk up bandwidth, and keeps talking about bandwidth over and over and over again, but the problem is latency. WHich they will absoutely never mention, anywhere, anytime, EVER.

jbkvLpuaoRGn7I.jpg

In this example, bandwidth is represented by the width of the pipe. ANd latency, by the length of the pipe. As you can see, bandwidth has no effect on latency whatsoever.

So, until we can change the speed of light, or the speed of electricity, or the laws of physics in general, or find alternate solutions.... Its not going to happen the way its being marketed.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

lol, also, what's with you and the blackberry stuff?

So, this is what we have:
$150 million aquisition
Non-games related
Non-Japanese company

Nintendo bought Beats?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!