Sphinx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Star Fox, and Kingdom Hearts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

Hello everyone.

My name is Vince, and I'm a 21 year old gamer who has owned every Nintendo console since the SNES. I have been a bit disillusioned by the Wii over the past few years due to the lack of quality software, but I'm hopeful that the Wii 2 will truly attempt to recapture the hardcore market and hopefully return Nintendo to its rightful place as king.

I'm the type of person that purchases every game system available, so I hold no fanboy allegiances. I will definitely criticize Nintendo harshly when I feel they are in the wrong, so don't be surprised if you see me hating on the Wii in particular.

Edited by Sphinx, 09 May 2011 - 02:13 PM.

#2 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

Welcome to Wii 2 Boards, Vince!

I wouldn't exactly say the Wii has suffered from a lack of quality software. I can list off more than 30 games on it that are well worth your time and money. Though I will admit that what "quality software" is to you depends largely on your personal tastes. biggrin.png

It's always great to have console-neutral people like you here, though. Just be sure to draw the line between "criticizing" and "hating." tongue.png

Anyhow, allow me to introduce myself. My real name's Peter, and I'm the owner of Wii 2 Blog and Wii 2 Boards. I'm a Yoshi fan, and a hobbyist writer and composer. My dream is to someday work as a game designer at Nintendo. biggrin.png

If you've ever got any problems or questions, feel free to send me an email or private message anytime! I hope you enjoy your time here!

#3 Sphinx

Sphinx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Star Fox, and Kingdom Hearts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Nice to meet you Peter.

I agree that there are a good number of quality games that have been released for the Wii, especially from Nintendo themselves. The number is far too low though when compared to other consoles in my opinion. This is due to one central problem: lack of 3rd party support.

"Hating" probably wasn't the best word to use. How's "seething critique"? :P

#4 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hello there. I'm superdarkyoshi, a musician, writer and one fascinated in the paranormal and dreams. You can find some of my stuff in the museum section. Currently taking writing requests. You might see me draw, but I'm prretty bad at it :P. Hope you enjoy the forum.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#5 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Welcome.
And yeah, if Nintendo achieves what rumors and Nintendo themselves say they are trying to achieve then I'm sure you'll get what you're looking for with Wii 2/Cafe/Whatever.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

Welcome to Wii 2 Boards Sphinx! I'm AMAC, one of the Yoshi fans on this site. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

#7 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

Welcome! I'm Guest, a sworn Nintendo fanboy. I hope one of the other consoles you compare the Wii to isn't the Xbox360, because it probably has less good games in general than the Wii has good third-party games. Though I have to admit that a lot of Xbox360 indie games are awesome.

Posted Image

#8 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

Hello welcome to the forums, I'm pretty new here as well. I respect Nintendo for their innovation but I also respect Sony and what they do. At the moment I'm a writer for NGP Buzz and Feld0's Wii 2 Blog. I hope you have a really cool time here :P
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#9 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek, Fringe, NCIS, yoshis, fantasy

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

DO A BARREL ROLL!
That picture always makes me ROFL to no end.

Also, some of my best friends seem to have Zelda and Kingdom Hearts in their favorite franchises. Maybe I should try them sometime, too.

*copies*
*pastes*

I'm Ephesus, the only non-gamer, here to troll everyone with my ignorance.
I'm a brainless student, pretending to be an egghead and an artist. But I'm a licensed author and willful thinker, and proud of both.

This n00blet wishes you welcome.

These are my dragon persona Darren's parents. Or Darrents, if you will.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!