Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

Well he's had huge success with the DS and the Wii because he tried something new, so I don't see where you got your first point from. Even with the Wii U he is trying something "new".

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

I personally think

1.He doesnt have the guts to try something new

2.He doesnt know whats happening in the market

3.He doesnt listen to consumers

1. The Wii U, 3D gaming, new IP's

2. He even admitted this... so ya.

3. Free DLC, Accepting Competitive Smash Bros Players. XenoBlade released outside of Japan, Mother 2/Earthbound put on E-shop, Gamecube controller for Wii U, Gameboy Advanced games in VC, better Nintendo Directs, He's definitely listening, but only up to a certain extent

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

STAHP!

Worse than a Zinix thread

I personally think

What are your personal thoughts???

4L9nxvY.jpg

#5 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

BY 1 i mean frequent Mario and Zelda (we want new games)

By 2 i mean that people are going for more horse power and they decided to release a weak system

By 3 am talking about region locking

Edited by Mahmoodinho98, 31 May 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

He's out of touch with what gamers want. He thinks giving the same old Mario 2.5D and Donkey Kong 2D platformers will satisfy us for months when we really want a 3D world Mario game and 3D Donkey Kong game. 

He needs a successor and should be demoted to Vice President of Nintendo of Japan . 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Iwata may have stumbled with the Wii U, but he's also been there for the Wii, DS which are some of the best selling systems of all time. On top of that, he's been with Nintendo since very early on, helping create games like Earthbound and a lot of Kirby games. Finally on top of that, the guy has taken pay cuts ever since Nintendo has fallen into the red, punishing himself for his own failures with the Wii U. 

The guy deserves an lot more slack than he's getting, and it's depressing that so many people want him out just because the Wii U isn't moving units like it should be.

Edited by Mignaga, 31 May 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

What if he payed for gta V to be ported to Wii U???

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

POPULAR

That's like making popcicles in a furnace.

#10 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2, X, 2 Sonic Exclusives, Donkey Kong Country, Yarn Yoshi, New Kirby game, Tomagachi Life, Pokemon X/Y/Ruby/Sapphire, Fire Emblem Etc Etc, seriously why are you ignoring all of this?

By 2 i mean that people are going for more horse power and they decided to release a weak system

It's not weak :s

#11 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2, X, 2 Sonic Exclusives, Donkey Kong Country, Yarn Yoshi, New Kirby game, Tomagachi Life, Pokemon X/Y/Ruby/Sapphire, Fire Emblem Etc Etc, seriously why are you ignoring all of this?

It's not weak :s

Am trying to believe that its not weak but according to the info we have now its proven to be weak

Guys am sorry far my bad criticism but i think Iwata is not doing his best for Wii U

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

Zangeki no Regionliev,Captain Rainbow,Dillions Rolling Western,Soma bringer,Etrian Odessey,Disaster Day of Crisis,Crashmo,Pushmo,Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem,The Last Story,Endless Ocean,Pandora's Tower,Xenoblade,The Wonderful 101,Steel Diver,Fatal Frame(as they are now 50% owners) are Nintendo owned and new Nintendo IP's Oh and I am counting Hyrule Warriors because it's something VERY new

Then Nintendo publishes games

Samruai Warriors 3

Dragon Quest IX

Bayonetta 2

Lego City Undercover (yes this is Nintendo but LEGO does not)

Ninja Gaiden Razers Edge

Just to scratch the surface. If that's not enough for you. Go somewhere else.

Also WiiU is not weak it's a very capable system with a console architecture not a PC one like PS4/XBO which are very inefficient. WiiU is very custom and very effient. Want to see a taste of the what that thing can do look around the forum for Art of Balance pics.

Iwata had 3 straight success stories in DS,Wii and 3DS. WiiU struggles but the company still rich as can be.Iwata has been at NIntendo since early Hal days and has helped that company more than you could know. I mean damn he stepped up to the plate when things got rough and took massive pay cuts,NEVER and I mean NEVER does that happen with a US CEO a US CEO would give himself a pay bonus. Iwata does not deserve a second chance but 8 more chances. Without Iwata Nintendo would be Atari 1994,SNK 1999 and Sega 2001.

#13 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

Am trying to believe that its not weak but according to the info we have now its proven to be weak

No it hasn't...

it's been proven that multiple amazing engines can run on the Wii U, 1 of them got an upgrade because it was too weak for what they wanted it to do.

Getting multiple 60 FPS 1080P games. 

Even just looking at the games they look pretty, it's obviously not weak. X, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Even Crysis 3 was able to run on the Wii U with no problems. 

Also they did listen to us, they even gave us a reply, it may not have been a reply the fans were hoping but hey, they listened and answered us. 

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

The good, guy understands making good games, and pushes for Nintendo to do so.  He does try new things, and is a little more lenient than the last guy to 3rd party, (the last guy had no problem telling them to Wii off), though he makes very few attempts at gaining them. seems like second party or no ninty support, unless they can prove themselfs. He has also proven to take honor related things seriously and cares about delivering something good, not ripping people to horde as much money as possible.

the bad. The bad is always easier to point out. Iwata seems more like a dev than a businessman. He used to be a programmer making the original smash bros. Nintendo is prone to assume many people like the same games, and not step outside the boundary. such as all the platformers we got with little else. Also demonstrating lack of actual business knowledge is how much he squandered advertising and creating hype for his console. Hype is the main driving force for the consoles this generation, look at PS4, it has literately nothing going for it except hype, x1 and wiiU have more and better games, PC rapes it in power. Hype alone is bringing it in the lead. 

Honestly i think iwata should be one of the lead devs of one of the games Nintendo produces. Nintendo should have a CEO that has a market sence, but has a confirmed interest in actually making good games. aka best off getting a gamer who did great in business and approved by Miyamoto and other lead devs to pick CEO. Have the CEO be in charge in how funds or split and get a actual marketing team, i would give him limited control with only being a adviser to what games are produced, which would likely be saying where demand is. Also recommend some limitation that prevents the CEO from thinking in mass money and not good games, which may be dependent on devs having a say in the CEO's term.  the last few parts are more to prevent a Nintendo becoming EA situation if a softshell lizard gets in charge and goes away from what nintendo is good for. One of the good things about him being in charge is there is no immediate risk of that.

#15 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

Would have been a waste of money.

2lvmghw.png

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

I will answer this in detail after E3

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

Oh Mahmood.

Mahmood, you've disappointed me so. Just yesterday i was genuinely thinking "mahmood has gotten a lot better recently. not even nearly as much ad misinformed, outlandish postes these days.

And then you go and post this.

*sigh*

Ok, let's try and help you see where you went wrong.

I personally think

What are your personal thoughts???

1. Yes we want new games, but we also want Mario and Zelda. Mario and Zelda are great games, and have proven themselves over and over again.

These other series people are requesting, have not proven themselves nearly as much. What Iwata is doing is giving us games we want, just not ALL the games we want. The games he's choosing to give us are games he knows will be successful with the small sales the Wii U currently has, because this way, everyone should be happy. investors are seeing progress, we get great games. Except people are complaining that we aren't getting EVERY game we want, even if we didn't buy any of the last installments, just because we're so "tired" of Mario, and we're so "tired" of Zelda. If Nintendo cut those off they would displease way more fans than they would by not bringing these lesser known games to the Wii U.

What's worse, is the few fans who would be more pleased by them making said games over Mario and Zelda would be the same ones to moan again that Iwata should be fired because the Wii U hasn't made enough sales.

And a little disclaimer: this does not mean I don't want said games to come to the Wii U, I'm just saying I would never denounce Iwata, or anyone else in Nintendo for holding off said games for Mario and Zelda games. It just makes too much bucking sense.

Also he has been giving the green light for new things to be tried. People just conveniently ignore him doing it.

2. No they're not. People are going for what they've been told makes them manly and hardcore. Ask people who've heard "So and so  is more powerful than so and so" to list the specs, and I gurantee 99% of them can't recite crap. If you don't what your system is running, you can't say that it's power is the main reason you bought it.

Also, I guarantee you that Iwata is VERY aware of the market. Much more so than every person on this site. That is a HUGE, HUGE part of his job. He's stated he's not directly competing with PS360. In the past three consoles he's made, that turned out to be a MUCH better decision for the company. It's also turned out to be a much better decision for everyone on this forum, whether they like to admit it or not.

3. Once again, no region lock would be wonderful. I hate region lock, I think it's stupid.

What's stupider is getting rid of someone who has had three straight consoles be incredibly successful, one of which is still incredibly successful because the the most recent console, which is only 2 years old isn't a success yet. That makes absolutely no sense.

What if he paid to complete wreck the family image Nintendo has spent year and year and years building in one fell swoop, and spent tens of millions of dollars doing it?

THAN you would have at least one proper argument for why Nintendo should consider firing Iwata.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

He doesnt layoff employees.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Waste of money, anyone who wanted GTA V already has it (Besides PC Master Race). If it was ported to the Wii U it just wouldn't sell. 

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

Waste of money, anyone who wanted GTA V already has it (Besides PC Master Race). If it was ported to the Wii U it just wouldn't sell. 

no true a port will be made for ps4 and xb1 and will sell millions upon millions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!