Photo

The Legend of Zelda: For Wii U Discussion Thread 2015

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Zelda U ideas! (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Weapons and armour

1. Green tunic, master sword, hylian shield (pretty much every zelda game to exist) (7 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Customizable weapons, armour, appearance? (possibly in the new Zelda U game?) (17 votes [60.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.71%

3. Other (Comment below) (4 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Gameplay

1. Motion controls (Etc: TP on Wii, SS) (9 votes [16.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.98%

2. Traditional Zelda controls (Etc: Ocarina of Time) (14 votes [26.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

3. New gameplay mechanics (Etc: Windwaker HD) (29 votes [54.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.72%

4. Other (Comment below) (1 votes [1.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

The story

1. Have Link triumpth evil as usual? (Etc: Windwaker) (27 votes [58.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.70%

2. Make Link die at the end? (Etc: in the timeline in OOT Link gets defeated if he fails) (6 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

3. Have it go between adult Link and young Link? (7 votes [15.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.22%

4. Other (Comment below) (6 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hello fellow members... as many of you know...

Zelda U is coming out in 2015!

So I thought to make time fly faster, what should the game control like? Should it have motion controls again? Or use similar controls to Windwaker HD?

Where will it fit in the timeline? The adult timeline? The child timeline? The timeline where the hero fails?

Voice acting! Should they do voice acting? Have everyone BUT Link talk? Make them talk in Hylian, but still have subtitles so we know what they say?

The world! How big should they make Hyrule field? How many dungeons should they have? How big should they be?

Zelda fans say your concepts for Zelda U! Who knows? Maybe Nintendo will make this game something we have never seen before!!!

^First Look at Zelda Wii U!!!!!!!!!! (With Aonuma talking about it)

^This one has just the gameplay portion and it's in HD! Enjoy!!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECWlFInyFM

^The game awards trailer :)

I know I haven't updated this thread in MONTHS, but I figured since that no one else bothered to make a discussion thread I thought, why not?

Edited by YoshiGamer9, 29 January 2015 - 09:23 AM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#2 TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Bright and colorful games is what I'm picking up a Wii U for. And I know I shouldn't, but I can't help be scared for the difficulty level of the actual game itself. I know the game will work flawlessly regardless of controls/story, but I want a challenge, not some kiddy open world game.

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

Bright and colorful games is what I'm picking up a Wii U for. And I know I shouldn't, but I can't help be scared for the difficulty level of the actual game itself. I know the game will work flawlessly regardless of controls/story, but I want a challenge, not some kiddy open world game.

"Kiddy open world game..."

Just wondering, are you saying that is what Windwaker is?

Zelda games are never really challenging IMO, if you want a challenge in Zelda games... you're not exactly going to get it...

But if you want the game to last, try collecting every item that the world has to offer, rather than focusing fully on the story itself.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#4 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

I want a realistic yet colorful art style. Personally, I'm really fond of art styles. Like, based on a certain style of art. If it goes mature, I want something like say, that Valley of the Flood rumor or like Korra season 1. Not dark, mature and enough depth to really think about story. If we go regular "simple" story, do it like Child of Light. Wouldn't mind more boats and trains. I'd be fine with a little steam punk too. Bring on 8-10 dungeons a la Tower of the Gods and Ancient Cistern. Can't think of much else.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

I want a realistic yet colorful art style. Personally, I'm really fond of art styles. Like, based on a certain style of art. If it goes mature, I want something like say, that Valley of the Flood rumor or like Korra season 1. Not dark, mature and enough depth to really think about story. If we go regular "simple" story, do it like Child of Light. Wouldn't mind more boats and trains. I'd be fine with a little steam punk too. Bring on 8-10 dungeons a la Tower of the Gods and Ancient Cistern. Can't think of much else.

Nice, Nice.

If they made it like skyward sword, but made it look HD, and make Link looks girly, it would be perfect. (maybe both adult and child link?)

Oh, and realistic like you said.

I don't really remember LOK season one that much... that show didn't stick to me as much as TLA did.

So, you want child link is what I am getting at?

sfOI1m6.jpg

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

I would love a mature looking Zelda title like TP. Still with that said, it would be awesome if kid link came back.

#7 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

I want a game in between majora's mask and twilight princess explaining what the hell happened and why everything is in a different location with real-ish graphics (not much of a graphics whore, but i think it would fit) and would rather have traditional controls (and if possible have the option of motion controls, but not like skyward sword where it was a puzzle in itself, but still mimicked your movement because i thought that was cool) and maybe some new gameplay mechanic? no idea what it would be, but nintendo is good at coming up with that kind of stuff.... most the time

wa3Nq7j.png

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

I would love a mature looking Zelda title like TP. Still with that said, it would be awesome if kid link came back.

Heck yeah!!!

It would be cool if it showed you being kid link with Epona, life long friends with Zelda, and you playing through their child hood, while young link learns how he is different from others, he is stronger, faster, and more couragous. He is then forced to go to knight school, being the youngest one there, he struggles to keep up. His dad tells him to train harder, his mom tells him that he is already a strong boy. Then one day, a new threat comes along...

(BTW this kid link is around 10)

GANNONDORF!!!!

He comes to Link's village and asks where the triforce is, Link's mom then sacrifices herself, he gets angry at her because she lied, and kills her! Link's father puts Link on Epona's back and tells her to go quickly to Hyrule castle to protect Link. 

Gannondorf then tries to go after Link, but the villagers defend Link by throwing spears and rocks at Gannondorf. He gets outraged and burns down the whole village killing everyone around him, except for Link's father who stabs Gannondorf in the chest, but this makes Gannondorf even more angry and he throws Link's father off of him. Gannondorf then leaves due to his injuries.

Many years later, we see Link as a strong and noble knight, Zelda is the girl that everyone wants, but her and link share a special bond I won't bore you with a boring love story :P

Gannondorf comes back one day and kidnaps Zelda, Link tries to save her, but when he finds them, they're already gone...

Zelda throws a (insert instrument here) at Link to help him on his quest.

I want a game in between majora's mask and twilight princess explaining what the hell happened and why everything is in a different location with real-ish graphics (not much of a graphics whore, but i think it would fit) and would rather have traditional controls (and if possible have the option of motion controls, but not like skyward sword where it was a puzzle in itself, but still mimicked your movement because i thought that was cool) and maybe some new gameplay mechanic? no idea what it would be, but nintendo is good at coming up with that kind of stuff.... most the time

I don't think they had the timeline in mind when they made twilight princess... :|

What happened?

Gamecube happened...

I don't get how TP is a sequal to MM if he doesn't even know he had the triforce in him unti later on in the game...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#9 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Nice, Nice.

If they made it like skyward sword, but made it look HD, and make Link looks girly, it would be perfect. (maybe both adult and child link?)

Oh, and realistic like you said.

I don't really remember LOK season one that much... that show didn't stick to me as much as TLA did.

So, you want child link is what I am getting at?

LOK season 1 had something of an overall theme, and you could dive into the story. IIRC(and this will be poorly worded) it had a theme of how you are or your reaction to an attack on who and what you are. Look no further than how broken Korra is in the finale. Also, I don't want a child Link. If child Link is used, he must growup. Either use the original OoT time gimmick or Child of Light as examples.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#10 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

For Art style I picked other, not dark and realistic, but colourful and realistic, not exactly like skyward sword type but kinda like Smash Bros Link's art style or a slightly more colourful version of the tech demo. If this made sense

I'd rather have traditional controls for this game, we've had 2 motion control console games in a row and i'd much rather have it like WindWaker HD where it's just click buttons to do attacks (not too sure what you meant by new mechanics in Wind Waker HD, it seems to be just normal traditional controls to me).

I'd say just stick to the normal story, link kills bad guy and saves world, Link turning into adult and young link should be Ocarina of Time only, it's what made that game special and i'd rather keep it that way. Unless they could think of a way to make the story a little different that would alter the gameplay dramatically LIKE OoT's time travel then i'm all for it. 

Voice acting! Should they do voice acting? Have everyone BUT Link talk? Make them talk in Hylian, but still have subtitles so we know what they say?

I'm all for this, create a Hylian language, so their definitely talking, but in a different language and having subtitles like normal. Also Link should never talk.

Where will it fit in the timeline? The adult timeline? The child timeline? The timeline where the hero fails?

Child Era seems like a good spot to fit a Zelda game i'm thinking of, the Adult Era is all connected from the Wind Waker story with it's own style, so keep that for a more light hearted zelda games. 

The world! How big should they make Hyrule field? How many dungeons should they have? How big should they be?

I seriously want it to be a place where you can explore the entire field and actually be able to do things in it, kinda like Twilight Princess except have more of a reason for exploring it instead of it being a wasteland filled with enemies.

Edited by Chrop, 03 June 2014 - 06:58 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

LOK season 1 had something of an overall theme, and you could dive into the story. IIRC(and this will be poorly worded) it had a theme of how you are or your reaction to an attack on who and what you are. Look no further than how broken Korra is in the finale. Also, I don't want a child Link. If child Link is used, he must growup. Either use the original OoT time gimmick or Child of Light as examples.

What is "IIRC?"

And where did you hear about this child of light?

I saw the finale, I don't remember it much... season 2 finale?

Aang's show is where it's at :D

So, you're saying that when you get hit, it should show the damage on your clothing?

Yeah, make child link grow up after a few hours or so, Oh I know!!!

Everytime you screw up in the game, you have to go back in time before you died at that point, and change the way it happened! Kinda like Prince of Pershia!

Like I said before though, make it so you only play as young link for Link's child hood :P

(But don't make it short)

For Art style I picked other, not dark and realistic, but colourful and realistic, not exactly like skyward sword type but kinda like Smash Bros Link's art style or a slightly more colourful version of the tech demo. If this made sense

I'd rather have traditional controls for this game, we've had 2 motion controls in a row and i'd much rather have it like WindWaker HD where it's just click buttons to do attacks (not too sure what you meant by new mechanics in Wind Waker HD, it seems to be just normal traditional controls to me).

I'd say just stick to the normal story, link kills bad guy and saves world, Link turning into adult and young link should be Ocarina of Time only, it's what made that game special and i'd rather keep it that way. Unless they could think of a way to make the story a little different that would alter the gameplay dramatically LIKE OoT's time travel then i'm all for it. 

I'm all for this, create a Hylian language, so their definitely talking, but in a different language and having subtitles like normal. Also Link should never talk.

Child Era seems like a good spot to fit a Zelda game i'm thinking of, the Adult Era is all connected from the Wind Waker story with it's own style, so keep that for a more light hearted zelda games. 

I seriously want it to be a place where you can explore the entire field and actually be able to do things in it, kinda like Twilight Princess except have more of a reason for exploring it instead of it being a wasteland filled with enemies.

First of all, thank you for replying the post into parts.

I hope the art style doesn't look like it does in smash bros U, that's a bit too generic, it should be different :)

I meant new ways to use the gamepad, like as a map, maybe a shield? Lift it up to shoot an arrow, etc.

Yeah time travel!!! Would work great in a huge open world!

I heard the Hylian language idea from somewhere else, but I liked it enough to put it on here :P

Yeah no point in making Link talk, we already know he isn't mute.

I kinda don't want another game that is based on the child era.... it's gonna be the first (traditional) Wii U Zelda title, sure maybe down the road, but for now they should go back to the basics :P

A nice big open field with lots to do is exactly what the series needs, after you finish the story in Zelda games, there's no point in really doing anything else in the game, so I hope that there's a lot to distract you from the main story.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#12 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

I would like something that's similar to Twilight Princess in design, but with a mixed color palette. Not too dark, not too bright like Windwaker, but more like Ocarina of Time.

In regards to the story, I want to see something new. I think changing the character's roles could give the game's story a fresh and unique feel.

e674231265.jpg

#13 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

I'm hoping for a dark and gritty Zelda game. With a open world similar to Skyrim but with that Nintendo charm. Man the Zelda hype train is Rollin

#14 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

Heck yeah!!!

It would be cool if it showed you being kid link with Epona, life long friends with Zelda, and you playing through their child hood, while young link learns how he is different from others, he is stronger, faster, and more couragous. He is then forced to go to knight school, being the youngest one there, he struggles to keep up. His dad tells him to train harder, his mom tells him that he is already a strong boy. Then one day, a new threat comes along...

(BTW this kid link is around 10)

GANNONDORF!!!!

He comes to Link's village and asks where the triforce is, Link's mom then sacrifices herself, he gets angry at her because she lied, and kills her! Link's father puts Link on Epona's back and tells her to go quickly to Hyrule castle to protect Link. 

Gannondorf then tries to go after Link, but the villagers defend Link by throwing spears and rocks at Gannondorf. He gets outraged and burns down the whole village killing everyone around him, except for Link's father who stabs Gannondorf in the chest, but this makes Gannondorf even more angry and he throws Link's father off of him. Gannondorf then leaves due to his injuries.

Many years later, we see Link as a strong and noble knight, Zelda is the girl that everyone wants, but her and link share a special bond I won't bore you with a boring love story :P

Gannondorf comes back one day and kidnaps Zelda, Link tries to save her, but when he finds them, they're already gone...

Zelda throws a (insert instrument here) at Link to help him on his quest.

I don't think they had the timeline in mind when they made twilight princess... :|

What happened?

Gamecube happened...

I don't get how TP is a sequal to MM if he doesn't even know he had the triforce in him unti later on in the game...

what does the triforce (or the gamecube) have anything to do with it?
as for how they are linked, its assumed link died in the events for majora's mask and he died in lost woods (as seen in the intro) and if you die in lost woods, you turn into stalfos, and the stalfos that teaches you all the hidden skills straight uptold you that he was the hero of time, soooooooo ya

wa3Nq7j.png

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

Link should battle skeletor. And the master sword should transform him into He-Link!!

Or something...

And epona should be a giant green tiger...

But please... Please! No more ganonDORF! It just sounds so lame. Just plain ganon or preferably someone new.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 04 June 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

Other: artstyle between SS and TP aka Smash/HW.
No sig.

#17 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:24 AM

It should have a great and interesting story like Majora's Mask. And free exploration like NES Zelda. That's all I ask for, graphicswise, I think the colourful style of MM put a great overall feeling to that game. The graphics of TP were really boring, I think. Could have been any generic adventure game with that style, didn't add any feeling.

#18 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:36 AM

I just want something I'd feel like replaying. The only game in the series that matches this description is OoT.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#19 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

I just think it would be cool to see a really old, senile Link somewhere in there (not as the main character, maybe as a supporting character, or even just in a flashback/forward or something). I don't think we've ever actually witnessed Link near to death from old age/dying from old before, have we?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

With nintendo everyting is up in the air. I could only hope for an even better looking E3 2011 tech demo. We have 6 days and all will be answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!