#61 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

As much as awsome that would be,Pokemon really suits the handheld.The whole grinding point of the game really uses the handheld into it's full power.You always have your ds with you and so you can have a quick match between commercials of tv or when you are travelling.If you were making a game for a console than it would have to lose that element for the more streamlined flow to it which would ruin the whole point of the pokemon games..
You could however have a new type of pokemon game on the wii U like perhaps a mmorg or an more arcade rumble like Pokemon Ruble Blast but definetly not the standard Pokemon Rpg
Posted Image

#62 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Well, I'm stating that it has to use Near Field communication. Think of it like a form of good DLC: Easy way to get the characters or you don't have to buy them.

Oh, for characters. I thought you ment pokemon because there is too many to be using NFC.

As much as awsome that would be,Pokemon really suits the handheld.The whole grinding point of the game really uses the handheld into it's full power.You always have your ds with you and so you can have a quick match between commercials of tv or when you are travelling.If you were making a game for a console than it would have to lose that element for the more streamlined flow to it which would ruin the whole point of the pokemon games..
You could however have a new type of pokemon game on the wii U like perhaps a mmorg or an more arcade rumble like Pokemon Ruble Blast but definetly not the standard Pokemon Rpg

No, I would hate a game like rumble to replace an hd, first person, exploration game like this one. The wiiu can have a good RPG, juat like GC and Wii.

This is a no brainer for everyone on Earth, but for some reason you just KNOW it's not in the cards. There hasn't been a Pokemon RPG (a proper one) on any of the home consoles to date.

BUT, if they were to do one, which they should (it would print money) that would be fantastic. I won't go in to specifics, you all have your own ideas that are probably similar to mine, reason being that it's obviously ridiculously cool to think about a full 3D world where you can see the Pokemon running around, run around with your friends online and hunt Pokemon together, explore, and battle.

Actually on that note, that is one thing I don't think anyone would really think about that I think would make it an amazing game. Exploration. Like, true exploration. A world detailed to the point that you can go on an adventure exploring caves and forests. Something like the ability to run or walk, climb, jump, etc would make this a lot more fun. Using your Pokemon to help you. I'm thinking of something like the climbing in Assassins Creed?

As for an art style I think that they are already on the right track with Battle Revolution.

Posted Image

My GOD! I couldn't agree more that's exactly how I want it. They can take advantages of the HD graphics. Like in the picture I posted. Realistic textures with Battle Revolution's models. I want it to have a first person camera, and an adventure similar to Pokemon Ruby, Pearl, Platinum etc.

The online can be very cool too. Looking at other users battling them in MMO. The NFC connection can be like Skylanders. The game can come with 4 characters. You can buy the rest in stores though. I like the ones above.

The models can look like this, but they can make them look even better.

Posted Image

#63 NovusRex

NovusRex

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokemon, Assassins Creed, Doom

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Don't you think the pokemon models like a bit too much... "clay" like? It seems more like a figure to me than a living being. More like a toy ^^, Still, I won't complain if the models are like that, aslong the gameplay would be good.

#64 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Posted Image

Island ex.

Don't you think the pokemon models like a bit too much... "clay" like? It seems more like a figure to me than a living being. More like a toy ^^, Still, I won't complain if the models are like that, aslong the gameplay would be good.

Yes, I agree with you that's why they can be better and more detailed. There is not really any good pics I can find these are the best.

#65 NovusRex

NovusRex

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

A question in general, would any of you people buy a Stadium/Colloseum like game with full generation IV/V (and the sequel) compatibility, together with more detailed and challenging online gameplay? I'm quite sure a game like this will come to the WiiU and I guess that should keep us satisfied, untill Nintendo/Gamefreak actually pushes the enveloppe by making a full 3d mainseries game for the console.

#66 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

This looks less like clay.
Posted Image

A question in general, would any of you people buy a Stadium/Colloseum like game with full generation IV/V (and the sequel) compatibility, together with more detailed and challenging online gameplay? I'm quite sure a game like this will come to the WiiU and I guess that should keep us satisfied, untill Nintendo/Gamefreak actually pushes the enveloppe by making a full 3d mainseries game for the console.

Yes, I've only played it 10 times. So I don't really know. I like the art and fighting style of colosseum. But in this game I want an FP camera.

This is a picture with the camera view, I like.

Posted Image

The picture is ridiculous hough.

My fav.

Posted Image

#67 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

I actually think the battles should be made to be a bit more fluid. So while you're selecting you moves etc, the Pokemon aren't just sitting there waiting, they're having at eachother with simple melee attacks, all being blocked or dodged (because it obviously shouldn't effect the battle, it's just for aesthetics) And when a proper attack is selected, your trainer shouts it out in a dramatic cinematic way, and the Pokemon follows suit.

While a lot of people have idea to move Pokemon away from turn based gameplay, it's that simple gameplay that keeps non-gamers coming back to the series. It's so established as well. It's just not an option, it has to stay turn based. But with my suggestion above, it would possibly look more fluid?

In response to
NovusRex

Edited by Rockalot, 31 January 2012 - 11:21 PM.

Posted Image

#68 NovusRex

NovusRex

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

This is a picture with the camera view, I like.

Posted Image

The picture is ridiculous hough.

My fav.

Posted Image

I like those, and that bulbasaur pic. Ha, that sort of gameplay would be amazing. Guess it's a dream for most Pokemon fans and whenever discussing the option of a full 3d maingame for the WiiU, that picture pops up. It's what people want, but unfortunatley won't get. Conservative people there at Nintendo. On a sidenote, some people still prefer the mainseries to be handheld only, such as Mootap. I can understand why though, but I think both will work. The mainseries on a portable will always be popular, regardless of a mainseries on a console. That's what I think anyway.

I actually think the battles should be made to be a bit more fluid. So while you're selecting you moves etc, the Pokemon aren't just sitting there waiting, they're having at eachother with simple melee attacks, all being blocked or dodged (because it obviously shouldn't effect the battle, it's just for aesthetics) And when a proper attack is selected, your trainer shouts it out in a dramatic cinematic way, and the Pokemon follows suit.

While a lot of people have idea to move Pokemon away from turn based gameplay, it's that simple gameplay that keeps non-gamers coming back to the series. It's so established as well. It's just not an option, it has to stay turn based. But with my suggestion above, it would possibly look more fluid?

In response to
NovusRex

That's a great idea. The pokemon moving the tail around while waiting for an order is just a bit silly. So yea, simple fighting/moving animations would definately add a lot to the game. It shouldn't be that hard to create actually, and I hope it will happen. The WiiU seems powerfull enough for it, so why not?

I also agree that the games should remain turn-based, that's the whole heart and soul of the pokemon games. Only spinoffs can change this (e.g. Rumble), but mainseries should definately remain turn-based, whether on console or portable.

Btw, got to love Dragonball Z <3

Edited by NovusRex, 01 February 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#69 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Yea Dragonball is cool, they gotta make that on WiiU too. My profile pic, it's Omega Shenron Blasting SSJ4 Goku on a WiiU controller. And my intrests

#70 NovusRex

NovusRex

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

I think a Dragonball game will come to the WiiU, the game on the Wii was quite well received as far as I know. I'd definately buy a new Dragonball game :P

#71 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

I think a Dragonball game will come to the WiiU, the game on the Wii was quite well received as far as I know. I'd definately buy a new Dragonball game :P

I'll start a thread about it.

#72 RedYoshi

RedYoshi

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

Pokemon Snap 2.
3DS or Wii U. Im not bothered as long as they make it

#73 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Oh shoot, they gotta make a snap game too. Wait, I think there already is a thread for snap. But snap should come out before this Bronze or Grey game I'm talking about.

#74 ThePumpkinKing

ThePumpkinKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Fandom:
    Spider-Man, Professor Layton

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness could have a remake for 3DS (or WiiU) and be updated to have new Pokemon in it along with Gyms and Elite Four.

I wouldnt enjoy it, PGoD did not even have a good wild pokemon system!
Recently Watched Movies: The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man (Favorite of this year), The Avengers.

Current Games I'm Playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Okami HD, LittleBigPlanet

What I'm Geeking Out For This Month: The Amazing Spider-Man DVD Release, and of course, The WiiU

#75 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

I wouldnt enjoy it, PGoD did not even have a good wild pokemon system!

It had a horrible one, I mean you had to lay out the cake looking stuff to make them appear. :( It really sucked.
Good part was that you could get other trainers Pokemon.

by chance

#76 The Creator

The Creator

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

I hope they do something like this. Hopefully it would take advantage of the NFC abilities too.

#77 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

I would like to see an open world experience where the Pokemon are Controlled similar to something like batman Arkham city or assassins creed in it's a free flowing system. I think it would be pretty simple to create a system for it where EVs are still taken into account ie. speed EVs actually make you move faster in battle. Outside of battle picture a setting like the cities of assassins creed. Imagine as a trainer being able to interact in the human world on the street or send your Pokemon to interact with the bird Pokemon on the roof or the alleyway or even under the stand of the vendor your trainer is buyin from. Tell me what you think of this idea. If you like where it's headed, I'll explain the rest of it in a more detailed post

Edited by lucario23, 14 February 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#78 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

I would like to see an open world experience where the Pokemon are Controlled similar to something like batman Arkham city or assassins creed in it's a free flowing system. I think it would be pretty simple to create a system for it where EVs are still taken into account ie. speed EVs actually make you move faster in battle. Outside of battle picture a setting like the cities of assassins creed. Imagine as a trainer being able to interact in the human world on the street or send your Pokemon to interact with the bird Pokemon on the roof or the alleyway or even under the stand of the vendor your trainer is buyin from. Tell me what you think of this idea. If you like where it's headed, I'll explain the rest of it in a more detailed post

This explains what I ment about Assasins Creed. Thanks for sharing and I like the idea.

#79 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thanks man I got your back :) I wish I had the background for videogame design so I could march into gamefreak and make it myself.

#80 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

i think you should have the option to be the trainer or the pokemon kinda like batmans batrang.

New name for the thread.

It should have weather detectors and time too. Ex if its snowing outside in the morning the same thing will happen in your game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!