60 replies to this topic

#41 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:11 AM

That's one website and since 7 million people in a 8 months brought a console for sheer power let alone games kinda makes me right. I'm not say Nintendo or Microsoft are bad choices but at the moment the hype for the Capcom buyout around the world would be probably Sony or a Software company first, then Nintendo or Microsoft second.

The problem is you're just saying that and assuming you're right. And no, PS4 sales dont make you right, the two things have nothing in common.

pNgecl.gif

#42 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

The problem is you're just saying that and assuming you're right. And no, PS4 sales dont make you right, the two things have nothing in common.

It's not the sales that matter but the reason why people brought the console. If 7 million brought a console for sheer power and not games then you can clearly see where the market is going or who people want the market to be dominated by. Also if I'm not right about sales of a console from the whole world, that means your poll which asks people around the world is nothing is void as well.

#43 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

That's one website and since 7 million people in a 8 months brought a console for sheer power let alone games kinda makes me right. I'm not say Nintendo or Microsoft are bad choices but at the moment the hype for the Capcom buyout around the world would be probably Sony or a Software company first, then Nintendo or Microsoft second. 

Think. Nintendo is very high because of what Nintendo is most likely to do with capcom after a supposed buy out.

Sony doesn't have the money to buy capcom and get the studios needed to give old capcom justice, at least not without making their situation more desperate. 

Most software companies would buy capcom and try to sell their franchises off name alone. again, few would do capcom justice, same with microsoft.

Nintendo is most likely to salvage key franchises such as monster hunter. franchises like RE have a chance of being salvaged but not as likely. Unlike software companies, nintendo is most likely to make capable, or hire capable 3rdparty studios to make capcom's old IP's. Nintendo is most likely to restructure capcom into a more worthwhile studio (though that would leave capcom with just restructured studios and all the publishers stuff removed).  On top of that nintendo actually has the money to go through with buying capcom and still be fine. everyone else with money is very unlikely to do capcom justice.

#44 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Think. Nintendo is very high because of what Nintendo is most likely to do with capcom after a supposed buy out.

Sony doesn't have the money to buy capcom and get the studios needed to give old capcom justice, at least not without making their situation more desperate. 

Most software companies would buy capcom and try to sell their franchises off name alone. again, few would do capcom justice, same with microsoft.

Nintendo is most likely to salvage key franchises such as monster hunter. franchises like RE have a chance of being salvaged but not as likely. Unlike software companies, nintendo is most likely to make capable, or hire capable 3rdparty studios to make capcom's old IP's. Nintendo is most likely to restructure capcom into a more worthwhile studio (though that would leave capcom with just restructured studios and all the publishers stuff removed).  On top of that nintendo actually has the money to go through with buying capcom and still be fine. everyone else with money is very unlikely to do capcom justice.

No company is really the best option for Capcom and people know it, I was just trying to say that if Sony had the money it would be a close battle between Sony and Nintendo. Also if StreetFighter is on Nintendo Wii U, the pro controller would have to be bundled as I doubt the fighting game community would like the gamepad or take it seriously. 

#45 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

No third party really has the money. Activision not even really.

Only other third party maybe up for purchasing them is a Mobile company or maybe even Amazon.

NIntendo if they did which is unlikely also think they have series like Final Fight,Slam MastersmCaptain Commando,Bionic Commando and RPG's like Breath of Fire,Devil May Cry and so much more of older series. We all know Mega Man and RE and SF and MH but they could revive some old ones.

#46 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

I think the best option would be a corrupt  dictator, at least they would make all game multi-plat for maximizing profits. 

#47 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

I think the best option would be a corrupt  dictator, at least they would make all game multi-plat for maximizing profits. 

We seen the sludge EA puts out. Nah. Something like that would push something like RE,SF to a yearly series.

#48 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Only way Nintendo should consider doing this is if they get a good deal.  Guessing that now, they won't be getting a good deal, but in a year or two, who knows......

#49 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Not as much as you'd think. Ms tried to buy Nintendo around the time of the first xbox development.

Mr yamauchis response to that was hilariously classic. And kind of gross.

Look it up.

Authenticity of the quote may be dubious. But it's pure comedy.

that was a pretty great read. Also really enjoted the part about the shape of the PSP and this line:

"He designed Kirby [a Nintendo character], and even if it now looks a bit dated and, let's be honest, homosexual, it still is a popular character with children and adults alike."

Also, interestingly enough, he talked a little about Capcom in the interview:

"We have lost partners along the way, like Square, and recently Capcom. We felt their betrayal very deeply.

Poor Shigery was disconsolate, he was personally let down by Mikami [Shinji Mikami, Capcom executive] after reaching a gentleman's agreement with him.
They shook hands and gave their word, in my day, that was enough to seal any deal.
Mikami is a double faced Mcguffin, that's what he is.
What kind of man breaks his word?
So we know what it is like to lose allies.
They were lured by the money and the glittering lights.
Well, those lights are the lights of the train coming straight ahead at you. We are that train, and we will run over anyone in our way.

So Nintendo will no longer have a cordial relationship with Capcom?

Let's say we may forgive, but never forget."

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#50 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

No company is really the best option for Capcom and people know it, I was just trying to say that if Sony had the money it would be a close battle between Sony and Nintendo. Also if StreetFighter is on Nintendo Wii U, the pro controller would have to be bundled as I doubt the fighting game community would like the gamepad or take it seriously.

Nintendo is clearly by and far the best option for fapcoms properties.

Nintendo has current and close working relationships with all the talent capcom lost during its transformation into just another douchbag publishing house. Some of them are even closer than that and work for nintendo now. Sony does not.

If Nintendo got capcom:

The creator of megaman would be making a new megaman. Not to mention legends 3.
The creator of Okami, devil may cry, and viewtiful joe would be making new entries.
The creator of Resident Evil would uncrappify what capcom did to resident evil.
Breath of fire 6 wouldnt be whored out to mobiles as a worthless peice of mobile game trash.
Maximo would come back.
That worthless deep down dissapointment would be transformed into an awesome dragons dogma sequel.
AIDS would be cured.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#51 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

Nintendo has current and close working relationships with all the talent capcom lost during its transformation into just another douchbag publishing house. Some of them are even closer than that and work for nintendo now. Sony does not.

If Nintendo got capcom:

The creator of Okami, devil may cry, and viewtiful joe would be making new entries.
Breath of fire 6 wouldnt be whored out to mobiles as a worthless peice of mobile game trash.
Maximo would come back.
That worthless deep down dissapointment would be transformed into an awesome dragons dogma sequel.
AIDS would be cured.

went there

#52 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:28 AM

I have a question, when will they be available to buy and when will we find out who bought them?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#53 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

It's risky, given their current financial situation, but on the other side it might earn them a lot of buck. Megaman, Resident Evil, DMC, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney... Capcom support has always been quite good for Nintendo, but this would be even better. Also Capcom could make a good handheld Zelda again.

No sig.

#54 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

It's risky, given their current financial situation, but on the other side it might earn them a lot of buck. Megaman, Resident Evil, DMC, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney... Capcom support has always been quite good for Nintendo, but this would be even better. Also Capcom could make a good handheld Zelda again.

As I've said before, Nintendo has enough money in the bank that it wouldn't even dint them, and the money they'll make from reviving the games will br profitable

#55 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

I have a question, when will they be available to buy and when will we find out who bought them?

now, and whenever someone buys them.

#56 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

now, and whenever someone buys them.

Thanks captain obvious! You're my hero!

#57 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

If Nintendo got capcom:

Maximo would come back.
AIDS would be cured.

Not to mention Nintendo would destroy Sony's last hope of ever having Monster Hunter, effectively locking down handheld sales in Japan with exclusivity.

There is a history with Capcom and Nintendo so all this stuff might just happen.

#58 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

As I've said before, Nintendo has enough money in the bank that it wouldn't even dint them, and the money they'll make from reviving the games will br profitable

I think their market cap would be 1.2 billion....  so that would put a dent.  Presumably they would want more than 1.2 billion- let's say 1.5 billion.... that would put a dent in their cash reserves, which sit at $7billion.  That said, it does sound like they have some nice IPs and these as exclusives could sell more hardware.

#59 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Mista Brogre, on 16 Jun 2014 - 8:49 PM, said:

Maybe Megaman in SSB4 is foreshadowing.....

not to mention all that Virtual console love he's been getting. there's more megaman on 3ds/wii-u virtual console than there are 1st party nintendo games.
megaman 1-7
megaman 1-5
megaman x1-3
megaman xtreme 1 & 2
battle network 1-3 + 5
megaman zero

Edited by umegames, 22 June 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#60 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

If Nintendo got capcom:

Maximo would come back.
AIDS would be cured.

been thinking about this so much more as of late. I mean this is pretty much the answer to most of Nintendo's problems on a silver damn platter. I dont know the ends and outs of the business side but the gamig side is a damn WIN. i mean the amount of exclusives that could be for nintendo consoles plus what they alread have would damn shake the gaming community to its core. please Nintendo PLEASE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!