Photo

What do you HATE about your favorite games.

hate favorite games

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jumbo Worm

Jumbo Worm

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Metroid

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

We have have video games we love and enjoy, but it's a proven fact that no game is flawless. Perfection is something that will never be reached in gaming. So I made this topic to hear about the things people hate about their favorite games. I'll start off.

Super Smash Bros Brawl is my favorite game of the series. It's got tons of characters, great stages, an amazing soundtrack, and fantastic graphics for the Wii. What do I hate about it?

All-star mode is a chore to complete. I preferred it in Melee when you would fight the characters in a random order. I fear this mode in the next Smash, just for the amount of characters you will have to fight. It would take way to long just to go through it once.

The Subspace Emissary. Now don't get me wrong. I love the idea of a story based mode, but the story was just...meh. It's to serious for a game filled with Nintendo characters (and Snake and Sonic), and there's a lack of comedic moments. I mean, they are there, just not very often. And what is with all the original enemies? I was looking forward to beating up Space Pirates and Kremlings. Even Melee's adventure mode had you facing various Zelda and Ice Climber enemies.

Wolf. Yup, I do not agree with his inclusion. Why does the Star Fox series get 3 representatives, while more popular franchises like Donkey Kong and Metroid only get 2? I would've preferred King K. Rool or Ridley over Wolf.

And finally, Sonic. I was so excited when he was confirmed for the game, but he honestly felt rushed. You can tell they had to hurry up and finish him. I heard somewhere that he was the cause of the first delay of the game. They should have slowed him down a small bit, and given him a bit more power in his attacks.

Now it's your turn.
Posted Image

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

I don't recall hating something in my FAVORITE video games. Generally, if I love a series or just a video game for the matter, I love everything about it.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 23 December 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#3 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

Um... Well I love Pikimin, it's one of my favourite series. I really hate that it didn't get a proper game on the Wii and I really hate I gotta wait till the WiiU to play the third one. But other then that I don't really have any gripes about it.
Posted Image

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

I hated that Radiant Historia had to end D:

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

Favorite franchise: Zelda (duh)
Thing I hate: The timeline in Hyrule Historia. :angry:
Posted Image

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

Devil Survivor Overclocked: The Voice acting
Radiant Historia: The optional bosses
Knights of the old republic: Same progression minus a few details.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#7 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Favorite franchise: Zelda (duh)
Thing I hate: The timeline in Hyrule Historia. :angry:

This times a million. I really don't care what Ninendo says. I'm not accepting it as the timeline. It's stupid, and Nintendo doesn't know what they are talking about anyway. Last time they were asked about the timeline, it went Zelda, Zelda 2, LttP. So Nintendo is dumb.
Anyway...

Smash Bros: Brawl's stupid engine (and tripping).
Advance Wars: The darkness of Days of Ruin and the fact that NOBODY plays online.
Megaman: Lack of new ideas.

#8 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Mario,Pokemon,Zelda,Kid Icarus

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

Sonic: Too short
Megaman: In a coma :P
KID ICARUS UPRISING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

This times a million. I really don't care what Ninendo says. I'm not accepting it as the timeline. It's stupid, and Nintendo doesn't know what they are talking about anyway. Last time they were asked about the timeline, it went Zelda, Zelda 2, LttP. So Nintendo is dumb.
Anyway...

Smash Bros: Brawl's stupid engine (and tripping).
Advance Wars: The darkness of Days of Ruin and the fact that NOBODY plays online.
Megaman: Lack of new ideas.

My problem isn't really with the contents of the Timeline in the book. My problem is with the fact that they included it. One of my favorite parts of the Zelda community has always been reading everyone's different timeline theories; hearing them defend their placement of a game with things like developer quotes, and stuff they noticed from playing the game. Even if the timeline had matched my very own, I would have still been mad. Also, us not knowing the Timeline gave them unlimited flexibility in adding new stories. They could have an awesome new story, and if they couldn't get it to make sense in the current timeline, they could just switch the timeline around so the new games inclusion made sense. By revealing the timeline, they've lost that flexibility. I believe I would have preferred it if they had continued to keep the timeline "a secret to everybody."
Posted Image

#10 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Lets see, my favorite game is Twilight Princess, and I hate that they ported Twilight Princess over to the Wii. It was a GameCube game and the Wii kinda stole that from the GameCube. :unsure: I also hate that the Wii version was widescreen and the GameCube version wasn't, that doesn't even make sense.

Edited by Wii8461, 24 December 2011 - 07:32 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#11 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Outstanding game. What was it known for? Grueling hard difficulty, very large array of characters, a deep, and sometimes confusing, plot that expanded upon it's equally outstanding, but less confusing, predecessor, the lack of motion controls, a sword-smith shop and a less-intuitive, but still decent support system.

What of those do I hate about it? None. All of those are either positive or 'meh' to me. What I hated was how freakeling long each individual fight was >.<
Beautiful and awesome animation, but to shorten each level by a few hours I would turn them off. I don't want to wait 30 seconds just to see the guy I killed die in one hit, like I expected, and another 5 to see me gain 1 exp T.T

GBA games have it right; Nice and quick, but equally awesomesauce.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#12 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

In Super Mario Sunshine at the level with the runaway ferris wheel....the camera can be SOOOO stupid at times.

#13 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

On skyward sword my nunchuck disconnects itself at the worst possible time
And its too short
Posted Image

#14 ThePumpkinKing

ThePumpkinKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Fandom:
    Spider-Man, Professor Layton

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

Professor Layton, I love it the story's great, the puzzles are clever but the hints the give you are downright stupid
Recently Watched Movies: The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man (Favorite of this year), The Avengers.

Current Games I'm Playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Okami HD, LittleBigPlanet

What I'm Geeking Out For This Month: The Amazing Spider-Man DVD Release, and of course, The WiiU

#15 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Well, first in SuperSmashBros Brawl... tripping... really Nintendo? . And Subspace
SuperMarioSunshine... awesome game , perfectly designed, mixed up the series a bit...
BEACH CLEANING LEVEL!!!!! the one that is timed and manditory if you want to see the final boss. It (along with the other sprites after that in that stage) and maybe a couple of bonus sprites are the only ones i haven't gotten... and that is why i never beat SuperMarioSunshine.
Ummm , lets see... Twisted Metal 2.... Moscow level "Suicide slide".... i just dont like it.
arrgh my memory is failing me yet again..... hmmm.
:( i cant think of any more
Posted Image

#16 ThePumpkinKing

ThePumpkinKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Fandom:
    Spider-Man, Professor Layton

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

In skyward sword, there is no land mainly based on water. Ive always liked those places like lake hylia, but it's absent in this game, not counting Faron woods, because thats forest based
Recently Watched Movies: The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man (Favorite of this year), The Avengers.

Current Games I'm Playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Okami HD, LittleBigPlanet

What I'm Geeking Out For This Month: The Amazing Spider-Man DVD Release, and of course, The WiiU

#17 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Metroid series. Nintendo didn't do anything for metroid on its 25th birthday last year. just 2 zelda games, another zelda game confirmed, A chorus. But Metroid didn't even get A happy birthday. well 1 fan video. I think the leadt Nintendo could've done was make A Wii U tech demo based on Metroid..... or whisper happy birthday during E3

1367065580450s.jpg

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

There's a downside to Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap?!

BLASPHEMY!!!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

For me? Usually, it's length. I always feel like they're to short. (Just like when reading a good book, at the end you're like " :( It's over ". Anybody who's ever read a good game understands me)

There's rarely anything besides that I don't like.

For a few games, it's difficulty. They just seem too easy for me. (Maybe I just game too much -.- )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hate, favorite, games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!