Photo

MSN: Obama worst president since WW2, says 33% of voters suffering from memory l

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two years into President Barack Obama's second term, more voters say they are dissatisfied with his administration's handling of everything from the economy to foreign policy, giving him the worst marks of any modern U.S. president, a poll on Wednesday said.

In a survey of 1,446 registered voters, 33 percent said Obama was the worst president since World War Two, while 28 percent pointed to his predecessor, George W. Bush, as the worst, the poll by Quinnipiac University found.

Voters were split over which of the two most recent presidents has done a better job with 39 percent saying Obama has been a better president than Bush and, 40 percent saying Obama is worse.

Most voters said Ronald Reagan, who served two terms in the 1980s, was the best president since 1945, the survey showed.

"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of Quinnipiac University's polling unit.

While Obama's job approval rating has inched higher to 40 percent, up from 38 percent in December, more voters gave him largely negative marks in key areas: the economy, foreign policy, healthcare and terrorism, according to the poll.

On the environment, 50 percent gave Obama positive marks.

The telephone survey, taken June 24 to June 30, had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.6 percentage points.

http://news.msn.com/...in-modern-times

In other words, people are stupid.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

In a survey of 1,446 registered voters

Ya this doesn't really help anyone, 1446 people on a website does not represent the millions of people of USA.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

Only 33%? /shot

Like the above said, that's way too small a survey to matter.

I don't even...

#4 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

Only 33%? /shot

Like the above said, that's way too small a survey to matter.

Heck the fact it's a voluntary survey = /shot

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#5 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

http://news.msn.com/...in-modern-times

In other words, people are stupid.

Or... Perhaps obama really is that bad.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Very much dislike Obama. Very Much disliked Bush. Starting to dislike Obama less than Bush because his actions are directly affecting me and family personally in negative ways.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

terrorism is an area your president gets marks in?
lmfao, bush really did a number on you guys...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

People seem to forget Reagan's awful presidency, but as we all know people like to act on the now.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

Eh, I dont like Obama, but Im not about to champion a garbage article that just happens to be pointing in the 'dont like Obama' direction with a pointer made of fecal matter.

'Worst president since wwII'. What the hell is that supposed to mean. Are these 1000+ people ACTUALLY comparing all modern presidents from 1945 until now? Is it REALLY suggesting they experienced every single president from then until now? Can they actually even name all the presidents they are supposedly comparing from 1945 until now? Can they even NAME who was president in 1945? Or WHY he had such a hard presidancy coming off of Roosevelt and WWII? Truman got dealt a seriously raw deck. Nothing thats happened during the last couple decades remotely compares. No, they cant do any of that, the articles wording is putting those words into their mouths.

Why are people comparing Bush and Obama? Why are we comparing Reagonomics and Obama care?

I dont give a crap about arguing about whether a good solid log dump tastes better than liquid diarreah. How about we just not eat rainbow.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

Eh, I dont like Obama, but Im not about to champion a garbage article that just happens to be pointing in the 'dont like Obama' direction with a pointer made of fecal matter.

'Worst president since wwII'. What the hell is that supposed to mean. Are these 1000+ people ACTUALLY comparing all modern presidents from 1945 until now? Is it REALLY suggesting they experienced every single president from then until now? Can they actually even name all the presidents they are supposedly comparing from 1945 until now? Can they even NAME who was president in 1945? Or WHY he had such a hard presidancy coming off of Roosevelt and WWII? Truman got dealt a seriously raw deck. Nothing thats happened during the last couple decades remotely compares. No, they cant do any of that, the articles wording is putting those words into their mouths.

Why are people comparing Bush and Obama? Why are we comparing Reagonomics and Obama care?

I dont give a crap about arguing about whether a good solid log dump tastes better than liquid diarreah. How about we just not eat rainbow.

But I like Skittles bro. 

Anyway, I don't think they were saying Truman was bad. 1945 was just a cut-off date, otherwise people like Abraham Lincoln and George Washington would have won over Reagan.  

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

But I like Skittles bro.

Wot?

*Remembers swear filter s#%t == 'Rainbow'*

Heh. Oh you XD.

But anyways, 1945 could be the cutoff for multiple reasons, however, yours cant be one of them, because they never actually asked them to compare beyond the last two... They may not have asked them about bush in this survey... AT ALL.

It could be truman because he had an infamous drop in popularity during his term, or it could be they didnt really do these polls consistantly before then.

See, the article conveniently doesnt ACTUALLY STATE, what was actually on the survey, instead having just a vauge dismissive single sentence about the contents of the survey. Nor does it provide a source link to the data the article is loosely based on.

Here is what is happening:

The sample group is given a verbal survey, asking for a score on a list of subjects on Obama's performance. They may or may not have been questioned about bush as well.

They then compated these numbers to past poll numbers of undisclosed and likely dubious legitimacy, found Obama's numbers were lower than a bunch of other presidents.

Then, this article used these statistics to claim these people actually said 'Obama is worse than all these other presidents' when nothing of the sort was said, or even asked.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

lets find a way to vote him in again. 

Edited by Laura's wife, 03 July 2014 - 06:57 AM.

bb0.gif

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

lets find a way to vote him in again.

like-a-boss-e1350189178780_6.jpg
Oh Ho ho ha ha HA HA!!!!

theodore-roosevelt.JPG
No.