• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Deadlemon

Deadlemon

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi guys, so I'm here because I couldn't find a good answer anywhere, I downloaded Paper Mario onto the virtual console for Wii on my Wiiu using club Nintendo points.

My problem is, I haven't played this game since it came out like 14 years ago, and I know there's "Timed Attacks" but for the life of me I can't get one to work in any fashion. The internet confirms they exist but I can't find any help on actually getting it done, or if maybe it's introduced later in the game. It's driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

Been about that long since I played but if I remember right for example right before mario stomps on a enemies head hit the attack button again while mid air and you give more damage.

So hit the attack button the split second before your character lands the attack. Hope my dusty memory helps. It's a small window I believe so won't land it everytime.

Edited by Ryudo, 18 July 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#3 Bort

Bort

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

You need to receive an item called "Lucky Star" first. It'll give you a tutorial and everything, you'll know it when you get it.

#4 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Hi guys, so I'm here because I couldn't find a good answer anywhere, I downloaded Paper Mario onto the virtual console for Wii on my Wiiu using club Nintendo points.

My problem is, I haven't played this game since it came out like 14 years ago, and I know there's "Timed Attacks" but for the life of me I can't get one to work in any fashion. The internet confirms they exist but I can't find any help on actually getting it done, or if maybe it's introduced later in the game. It's driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah you've got to make it to Toad Town then go to Shooting Star Summit and I believe on the way back to town Twinkle clunks you in the head and teaches you "Action Commands" I've played through this game like 7 times. I freakin' love Paper Mario.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#5 Deadlemon

Deadlemon

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

Thanks guys, I'm clearly just very impatient haha, I'm all set now!

#6 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Thanks guys, I'm clearly just very impatient haha, I'm all set now!

I think his name was Tinkle not Twinkle...ohmigosh I may have got something wrong...ohmigosh...gotta check...It's Tink...Ohmigosh

Edited by Gimbal, 20 July 2014 - 06:41 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii, VC, Paper Mario, Timed attacks, Club Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!