Photo

Why are so many people disappointed with Obama's presidency?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

People were excited when he first was elected. Sure he's barely done much but at least he's done more than Bush did, which was absolutely nothing and got every country to hate us. He's decent from what we had to endure for eight years of Bush and the last two years of Clinton's Presidency. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

I'm not an American, so feel free to ignore my very simple analysis: People voted for change, but didn't get it.

#3 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

This isn't something new, people are always dissatisfied with presidents.  This has more to do with parties becoming more polarized and extreme.  Sure, Obama promised a lot and didn't quite deliver, but he is hardly "the worst president of all time".  I mean when you're given the choice between a rich dude who is more interested in making polygamy legal and a dude who isn't as rich and more moderate-right than actually being a democrat, the choice isn't too different.

The media takes the extreme crazy people on both sides and puts them in the spotlight, not regular sane people.

What's going to give you more ratings nowadays?  An analysis of Obama's plans or a nutjob explaining how he is a Kenyan terrorist from Bohemeon Grove bent on stealing your guns and rights so he can invade America with his Illuminati army?

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

He's been rainbowting on us disabled and the elderly cutting so much. I know first hand as does my mom.

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

Because hate has become an all encompassing term for anything thats not glowing praise.

Personally, I dont think the man has enough experience under his belt for the job, and has made some really bad repurposing of funding, but its not like hes out there handling every damn thing himself.

He got voted into office on the premise of promises no human could deliver on, and people are starting to realize that.

But hes most certainly not some kind of AntiChrist or sleeper cell agent trying to destroy America...

But well, thats what you get with 'newstainment'... Damn you Burgendy, what have you unleashed.....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

Kek, we have a president?

I don't even...

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

People voted him because he was black, they shouldn't have expected much.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

As harsh as those words are. It's only a half truth. 2008 was the when that was half true. Other half was because he ran against MCcain. 2012 was because Romney even tho I voted for him was bumbling too much and looking like a fool.

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

Welcome to politics.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

because hes a dick

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#11 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Like someone else said, every president gets hated on. In my community, no body cares about politics so that's probably just how I was raised though. I honestly doubt we will see another black president anytime soon though.

2lvmghw.png

#12 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

Lied about healthcare, doubled the national debt are two big reasons for a lot of people.

#13 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

What he's done hasn't affected me yet, but I'm sure it will soon if it doesn't get fixed up.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#14 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

I'm not an American, so feel free to ignore my very simple analysis: People voted for change, but didn't get it.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

g78U7Y0.jpg

#16 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

I guarantee you at least as many- probably more - people voted against him because he was black. That is not why he won the presidency. It's definitely not why he won it twice.

Couple that with the fact the republicans have decided to try and prevent him from doing literally anything, which they have never decided to do for any white president, and the absolutely ridiculous claims like him not being born in America, and the names like Obama Bin Laden, and the assassination plans by white supremacists, and all the other things that I can't even remember and don't know about, and it's pretty clear his race has been more of a hindrance for him than it has been a help.

g78U7Y0.jpg

Whoever made that poster is the one who didn't understand 1984.

That actually makes 0 sense.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#17 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

I guarantee you at least as many- probably more - people voted against him because he was black. That is not why he won the presidency. It's definitely not why he won it twice.

Couple that with the fact the republicans have decided to try and prevent him from doing literally anything, which they have never decided to do for any white president, and the absolutely ridiculous claims like him not being born in America, and the names like Obama Bin Laden, and the assassination plans by white supremacists, and all the other things that I can't even remember and don't know about, and it's pretty clear his race has been more of a hindrance for him than it has been a help.

The second time he was vsin that 1 rich guy, it was an easy win for Obama.

But the first time, the 2 main people who were advertised to be president over and over was the woman and the black guy. BECAUSE they were a woman and a black guy. He stood out above the rest simply because of that character trait thus he won because people wanted the first black guy as president. All of the equalists voted for him. The people you say who voted against him for that reason were a very minor portion of the country. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

But the first time, the 2 main people who were advertised to be president over and over was the woman and the black guy. BECAUSE they were a woman and a black guy. He stood out above the rest simply because of that character trait thus he won because people wanted the first black guy as president. All of the equalists voted for him. The people you say who voted against him for that reason were a very minor portion of the country.

Dont go down this road.

Yes, there were some people who voted for Obama because he was black. But to try amd push that the vast majority voted for him only because he was black is an incredible, unprovable stretch.

Plenty of people voted for Kennedy because he was young and handsome.... Which was always put first and center in his fantastic and charismatic Campiagn.... WHich was funded by the mafia... That doesnt mean EVERYBODY voted for him because of his looks.

Obama had an INCREDIBLY Charismatic campaign, particularly compared to his oppositions incredibly underwhelming campaign, Obama was made the far, far more attractive candidate with a just plain better campaign, with catchy slogans and symbolism. Its what every campaign tries to do. His just did it extroadinarily well, while his competition fell flat.

Personally, I think Colin Powell would have made an Amazing president, and a far better lasting impression as the first African Amaerican president.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

No the equalists, didn't vote for him simply because he's black. That's a contradictory statement.

People who would specifically vote against him because his black are the minority, yes, but so are the people who voted him in simply because he is black.

He won because he was the better choice. He won against McCain by 7%. If every single person who was an "equalist" -which I'm sure you think is the vast majority- voted for him simply because he was black why was the margin so small.
Also yes people made a bigger deal of the fact there was a woman and black person running. That doesn't mean every who realized this was like "Oh well then obviously I have to vote for one of these."

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#20 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

I still don't know who you guys are talking about. 

I mean, I know there's that one celebrity guy who's always taking selfies and pretending to be a president, but he isn't really, right?

I mean, he doesn't even know what presidents can and can't do.

/shot

I don't even...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!