Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

report published on Japanese website Business Journal details alleged turmoil within management at Nintendo.

The article claims that there’s a shared recognition of Iwata being the culprit among management. While there is a strong desire to bring games/franchises like Mario to smartphones, Iwata is strongly vetoing the idea. Iwata reiterates that “Nintendo’s strength is in unified development of game hardware and software”, stubbornly rejects the “net” (seems to reference how smartphones don’t use physical media since they download games), and fixates over “game consoles” – perhaps in light of his pride as a former developer.

Hiroshi Yamauchi, the previous president of Nintendo, passed away last fall. Apparently, no one remains who can defy Iwata. There are also rumors of management scheming to get rid of the president.

Another insider quote shared by Business Journal claims that there’s cultural friction based on how Iwata comes from outside the company (maybe given his origins at HAL Laboratory?). He continues to be involved with software development even after becoming president and there is a feeling of helplessness among “native” Nintendo executives.

Another point worth mentioning: supposedly, managers who oppose Iwata would want Yamauchi’s first son to become Nintendo’s president.

http://nintendoevery...ndo-management/

And here begins the  end of Iwata and the reign of Reggie will begin by January. 

Our bodies will be ready. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

If its true that Iwata is the sole reason games haven't gone mobile, then i feel he needs to remain in chair. As i said on another forum, if nintendo goes mobile, it opens the door to justify putting nintendo games on playstations and xboxs...and nintendo simply can't have that.

#3 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

You should report this as a rumour in your topic title, If it's true then I'm very pleased with iwata for standing his ground and keeping their big first party franchises away from mobile. 

The amount of "ninty's gonna end up third party!!!!" online would be unbearable hehe

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

This is what, the 5th or 6th time this sort of article has come up?

I'm really starting to question the credibility of these reports.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

national_enquirer_kirstie_alley.jpg?w=25

tumblr_inline_muvg0rOn8Q1r8x9ve.jpg

Tp1LZow.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

I love the fact people actually believe putting old Mario games on mobile will help Nintendo make profit

It's will be a UTTER FAILURE.

Anyone who wanted the game already has it on an emulator on their phones and The casuals won't care for it. The only people it will sell to are Nintendo fans who have money to throw away. Even if it did sell it won't be a big enough profit to even see a difference in sales. 

Also Mario games on mobile is THE LEAST of their problems, GET THE WII U TO MAKE A PROFIT FIRST! This is why they're not the president. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

the day Nintendo goes mobile is the day i burn all my Nintendo rainbow and buy a PS4. or PS5. 

Edited by Shabootylaquiqui, 02 August 2014 - 06:55 PM.

bb0.gif

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

the day Nintendo goes mobile is the day i burn all my Nintendo rainbow and buy a PS4. or PS5. 

Not sure if I'd burn my Nintendo stuff, but I would def buy a PS4.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#9 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

So proud of Iwata not giving in to it. Nintendo doesn't need to be on mobile. That's just stupid and waste of time and money. Nintendo's going through tough times, but they will get out of it eventually. I don't see why they need to get rid of the President for that. If they get rid of him and start putting it on mobile then what's next, other consoles? They need to first do everything they can with the Wii U and make sure the next console is perfect before anything else.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

So apparently not only investors are money grubbing idiots.

"Let's go mobile! Look how well it's worked for Capcom and Square Enix!"

No wonder Iwata is sick, having to beat idiocy like this down 100% of he time...

Edited by WydrA, 02 August 2014 - 10:21 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

So apparently not only investors are money grubbing idiots.

"Let's go mobile! Look how well it's worked for Capcom and Square Enix!"

No wonder Iwata is sick, having to beat idiocy like this down 100% of he time...

I hope he doesn't die soon. If he does I really hope that the next President is an original thinker and well experienced. Same for Miyamoto, these guys are getting old.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:21 PM

I get the impression ftom what's posted above that the CEO gets to choose who the next CEO is. I have confidence that Iwata would choose someone who really understands his and Yamauchi's vision for the company and not let it turn to crap likethese idiots are trying to do.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

This sounds like BS.  Are people that upset at Nintendo not going mobile?  FWIW, they have invested in one or two mobile gaming companies and Iwata has said that Nintendo WILL go mobile to a degree, tho it sound like it will be more of a marketing function-or at least they won't be putting games that we are familiar with on tablets and phones.

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Idk how I feel about this.
On 1 hand it's good to keep your games in your system. That way a person has to by your system in order to play it.

On the other hand, make small games would bring in new comers.

But still either way nintendo needs to step up there game. They need to turn out some more games and do better ads for the games they got.
I see so many fan made trailers , then see the real ad and I'm disappointed.
Also I believe they need to stop advertising all the games they made for the family.

Idk about you but I wouldn't want to play mario kart with my mom or grandma.

Also made ads for older people. It seems like all the ads are for 5 year olds. Yet a 5 year old does have a ton of money and they aren't the ones to wait in line @ midnight to get a game.

I think if nintendo made some of these changes they would be doing better.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

It'sa  rumor that's likely blown way out of proportion. Everything will be fine. Mobile games bubble burts a while ago. No worries be happy.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

The source is neogaf.

Just saiyan.

None of the article makes any sense.

Top management is scheming to get rid of Iwata? So Miyamoto and Aunoma want to ditch cosoles for smart phones?

Why dont they mention Katsuhito yamauchi by name? Did they not KNOW his name? And why him? He has barely any experience and practically nothing to do with the company beyond a low level planner.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

On 1 hand it's good to keep your games in your system. That way a person has to by your system in order to play it.

But still either way nintendo needs to step up there game. They need to turn out some more games and do better ads for the games they got.
Also I believe they need to stop advertising all the games they made for the family.

Also made ads for older people. It seems like all the ads are for 5 year olds. Yet a 5 year old does have a ton of money and they aren't the ones to wait in line @ midnight to get a game.

But everybody already knows ho Nintendo's characters are...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

lol do you know that Mario is more well known than Mickey mouse?  My 74 year old mom knows who Mario and Sonic are and never played them or plays games at all.

You gotta be Amish to not know who Mario is. mrKSqPr.gif

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Took a look at the business journal article....

1. Its from a blogger
2. The individual declined to give a name.

So basically, this is the equivilant of a forbes contributor, an anonymous forbes contributor.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

But everybody already knows ho Nintendo's characters are...

lol do you know that Mario is more well known than Mickey mouse?  My 74 year old mom knows who Mario and Sonic are and never played them or plays games at all.
You gotta be Amish to not know who Mario is. mrKSqPr.gif

Yea people know who mario is but what about pikmin? Metriod? Hell kirby?

Everyone know mario and donkey kong. Most old people grow up with that.
But if you ask any old person to name another nintendo person they won't know or will say Luigi.

Also I was playing ac3 on the wii u. My uncle came over and said the game looks good. And I said Yea it does. Then he said playstation has always had some great graphics.
Then I told him it was the Nintendo wii u. And he was confused, and said nintendo made something that looks this good.

That tells me that there isn't enough information out there for new comers.
He plays playstation and Xbox alot. Mainly sports game or gta.
And he knows about a few new games coming out. Mainly what he sees on tv.

But yet he hear and knew nothing about the wii u.
If I was big N, I would put the system out there so much that everyone would know it.
I'd also stop calling it a wii u and just call it a nintendo U.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!