94 replies to this topic

#61 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

I have news.. Bizzare news.

http://www.hwcompare...d-6670-oem-1gb/ and http://www.eurogamer...670-card-report

these are the diferences between xbox720 vs Wii U graphic card. Are you sure xbox720 is going to be 20% better than Wii U? Wii U got the 4890 tech and xbox720 6670 tech. If thats true, Wii U graphic card will be about 110% better than xbox720.

Also I need to ask, if wii U graphic card is modified to support dx11 features. There is an official article that claims that, but plenty of others doesn’t. Either ways, I think dx10.1 is similar to dx11 (with tessellation support), the question is, if its special modified for wii u, for that reason.

Edited by Orion, 25 January 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#62 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I have news.. Bizzare news.

http://www.hwcompare...d-6670-oem-1gb/ and http://www.eurogamer...670-card-report

these are the diferences between xbox720 vs Wii U graphic card. Are you sure xbox720 is going to be 20% better than Wii U? Wii U got the 4890 tech and xbox720 6670 tech. If thats true, Wii U graphic card will be about 110% better than xbox720.

Also I need to ask, if wii U graphic card is modified to support dx11 features. There is an official article that claims that, but plenty of others doesn’t. Either ways, I think dx10.1 is similar to dx11 (with tessellation support), the question is, if its special modified for wii u, for that reason.

Yeah I saw this video

And IGN could of been talking about the console as a whole or they got it wrong, the guy expains that the Wii U would be 2x more stronger then the 720, we'll need to know more.

You mean particle effects and raterized renderings?
Yeah..,uh-huh because Graphically the PS2 was stronger, and power it was too thats why the disks require more space because better games need more storage.

You act as if u kno wat ur talking about but you don't , I program via C++,Flash & Adobe anything else.......

Answer this which console games take more space PS3 or Wii, PS3 obviously so that indicates higher platforms require more space for games.

The Gamecube was stronger then the PS2, look at this video

Tha Gamecube was clearly better.

Look at these specs

http://www.cyberiapc...do_gamecube.htm

http://www.cyberiapc...gg/sony_ps2.htm

Gamecube
CPU: 128-bit custom IBM Gekko PowerPC (485MHz)
GPU: ATI Flipper (162MHz)
Graphics: Chip developed by NEC
RAM: 24MB 1T-SRAM, 16MB DRAM
Colors: 16.7 million on screen
Polygons: 20 million per second
Game Media: 1.5GB 8cm optical disk developed by Matsurainbowa/Panasonic
Resolution: 640x480 pixels (unofficial)
Sound: 16-bit Macronix DSP Sound Processor (64 voices)

PlayStation 2
CPU: 128-bit "Emotion Engine" (300MHz) with multiple co-processors
RAM: 32MB Rambus DRAM, 4MB
Graphics: Dedicated graphics synthesizer connected to CPU via 64-bit 1.2GB/s bus
Colors: 16.7 million
Sprites: 18.75 million
Polygons: 66 million per second
Resolution: Variable from 256x224 to 1280x1024 pixels
Sound: 2MB, 48 voice audio with support for Dolby, AC3 and DTS

The Gamecube is stronger.

Edited by Meelow100, 25 January 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#63 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

well I remember pretty well that nintendo wii U use the chipset of the latest model from 4xxx series (one model before 5xxx series), that means 4890 r770 chipset. The sure thing is, they undertune it and modified it with dx11 opengl + tesselattion support. Even if it performs as a 4870 card, its 80% better.. Even if they undertune it like the 4850 series (I doubt about it), its 50% better.. The reason the wii U graphic card is 4890, is dx10.1... all other cards benieth that model, dont support dx10.1 but dx10 instead. (I think Ive read that in a overclocking forum)..

Well guys I am an nvidia lover so I am not keen with amd cards, because of photography and 3d. Sorry for any mistakes I do.

Edited by Orion, 25 January 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#64 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

Those specs for the Gamecube are slightly skewed as well, the polygons per second were with textures and effects running at the same time, where as the PS2's were nothing but polies on screen, the GC was estimated to be more around the 70-80 millon mark without

Also, the GC was locked to 640x480 in NTSC regions and 576i in PAL regions by Nintendo, it could probably do more, but that would hinder the performance.

Anyway back on topic
@orion, read page 3 on the 720 is 20% more powerful topic, as I said earlier, only the Xbox consoles and Windows PCs use DirectX, it's irrelivent to other consoles.

Edited by Stuart Lawrence, 25 January 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#65 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Well I found this vid. and I think that it should explain quite a bit! This is only based off of rumored Wii U specs so for all we know this is only the beginning!

Edited by Purple Link, 25 January 2012 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#66 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

I cant find the xbox720 is 20% better than wii U topic, any link?

#67 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

I cant find the xbox720 is 20% better than wii U topic, any link?

It's right under this topic.

http://thewiiu.com/topic/2337-xbox-720-to-be-20-more-powerful-then-the-wii-u/

#68 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Yes but considering the new gen consoles using pc based hardware and all video games are based in specific dx engines and open gl (thats why we have imports for the PC and not actual pc games), are you a 100% sure that dx and openGL is useless ? Thats why I asked if its oficial that the chip is modified by nintendo to support all that. But I am pretty sure that dx10.1 supports all the fx that dx11 got.. Also modification is easy, I mean xbox720 rumored before this bad info about 6670 for it, that it will get a 4850 modified to use dx11 support.

I mean we talking also about wii U 3rd party support right now.

Edited by Orion, 25 January 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#69 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

They won't be used in the Wii U at all, infact, Open GL might be closer to what the Wii is using than DirectX, but they're still not the same thing. They DON'T use PC graphics card, and GPUs in consoles have been using tech based on the Graphics cards before the current generation.

Also, almost all the features in DX11 were available in OpenGL way before DX11 came out, it's only because Microsoft put those features in there and then went "Oh look, we've added something new and since it's on Windows, you'll use it". The PS3 uses OpenPL which is similar to OpenGL but not the same, and the Wii U, as I said in the post will use it's own API, it's just developers have found it easy to develop with.

#70 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yeah I saw this video

And IGN could of been talking about the console as a whole or they got it wrong, the guy expains that the Wii U would be 2x more stronger then the 720, we'll need to know more.

The Gamecube was stronger then the PS2, look at this video

The Gamecube was clearly better.

Look at these specs

http://www.cyberiapc...do_gamecube.htm

http://www.cyberiapc...gg/sony_ps2.htm

Gamecube
CPU: 128-bit custom IBM Gekko PowerPC (485MHz)
GPU: ATI Flipper (162MHz)
Graphics: Chip developed by NEC
RAM: 24MB 1T-SRAM, 16MB DRAM
Colors: 16.7 million on screen
Polygons: 20 million per second
Game Media: 1.5GB 8cm optical disk developed by Matsurainbowa/Panasonic
Resolution: 640x480 pixels (unofficial)
Sound: 16-bit Macronix DSP Sound Processor (64 voices)

PlayStation 2
CPU: 128-bit "Emotion Engine" (300MHz) with multiple co-processors
RAM: 32MB Rambus DRAM, 4MB
Graphics: Dedicated graphics synthesizer connected to CPU via 64-bit 1.2GB/s bus
Colors: 16.7 million
Sprites: 18.75 million
Polygons: 66 million per second
Resolution: Variable from 256x224 to 1280x1024 pixels
Sound: 2MB, 48 voice audio with support for Dolby, AC3 and DTS

The Gamecube is stronger.

#71 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Everybody knew that gamecube was much better than ps2.. it was more like that ps2 --> gamecube-> xbox

Also at that time, it was a big franchise around xbox and ps2 (more like a trend), exclusive title war.. And sony, also Microsoft proved to be durty players aswell (and they still are). Remember how many incidents we read in the gaming world, about Microsoft pay lots of money just to don’t let others have it and some game companies bypass this (even if they got the money) and they made sony edition too, Sony didnt let others have it, or didnt accept 3rd party support if its not SUPER WOW for ps3, and many many more incidents like that.. very childish.. Nintendo didn’t appeared to be interested participating in that conflict.. so both Microsoft and sony failed at the end.
This time both, sony and Microsoft announced, that they don’t interested in many exclusives, but in 3rd party support and only… They earned many insecure customers, they ruined a big part of pc gaming industry and now they have to pay the bills.. (I am pretty sure that one of this 2 (sony , microsoft) will retire from console industry in the feature. They are bad.. really bad.. durty, because they invested in a durty war, instead of a quality console). Sony is shutting down factories, but also microsoft shuts down factories and looks for even cheaper hands!! Very recently 250 employees from a kinetic parts factory (somewhere in china), they climb in the rooftop of the factory and said they want to suicide.. They both have problems.. big ones. (also bill gates refuses to return back in microsoft.. lol)

It was also the fall of Squaresoft... they split up..

I have a nice feeling that games will dramatically improve this time, because Nintendo enters with a beast in the market this time.. That shows, the war battlefield ended with many corpses between Microsoft and Sony.. And Nintendo feels a bit more secure to make this step up.. Now the developers will have 3 different systems, but almost equal in power and balanced.. to work with..

Edited by Orion, 29 January 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#72 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Orion, The console wars will be over. All three will be on such an even playing field it will just be determined by what people want. The talk of power cannot describe the games. A beautiful game only looks that way. A great game has all elements (looks, gameplay, and substance). As far as the dirty practices, all is fair in business. Nintendo do beat by their own drum and that is what makes them different. All three wants to make money. Who is the ones trying to enhance the industry that is the question now.

#73 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Orion, The console wars will be over. All three will be on such an even playing field it will just be determined by what people want. The talk of power cannot describe the games. A beautiful game only looks that way. A great game has all elements (looks, gameplay, and substance). As far as the dirty practices, all is fair in business. Nintendo do beat by their own drum and that is what makes them different. All three wants to make money. Who is the ones trying to enhance the industry that is the question now.

Yay! Someone finally understands! ~pats Tre on the back~ I completely agree with your thinking. But I do think that Sony and Microsoft are going to continue to try to prove that power makes the counsel.
  • Tre likes this

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#74 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Nintendo will win because it will carry the causal crowd and nobody will steal the causal crowd because it releases first. Plus it has Nintendo exclusives.

#75 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Nintendo will win because it will carry the causal crowd and nobody will steal the causal crowd because it releases first. Plus it has Nintendo exclusives.

Im not sure since apparently Microsoft has been doing really good with causal crowd right now Plus other companys have exclusives (sony) and they are good just like Nintendo's .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 29 January 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#76 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

I really don't think it matters at this point, the whole 'which console will be the most powerful' debate. Video games are already so advanced that we can have life like graphics, huge worlds to explore, strong online etc. Sure, they can always be more powerful, but we're at the point where it's not likely that hard working game devs will make an ugly or badly running game because of the tech being used.
  • Tre likes this
Posted Image

#77 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Im not sure since apparently Microsoft has been doing really good with causal crowd right now Plus other companys have exclusives (sony) and they are good just like Nintendo's .

Exclusives are moving to Nintendo. RE: Revelations and Monster Hunter Tri G are proving it. Plus the Kinect was not a success. One summer being a hot item is not successful because it only sold 1 game per Kinect and they sold it at a loss so they lost tons of money with only a very minor audenence

#78 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

I really don't think it matters at this point, the whole 'which console will be the most powerful' debate. Video games are already so advanced that we can have life like graphics, huge worlds to explore, strong online etc. Sure, they can always be more powerful, but we're at the point where it's not likely that hard working game devs will make an ugly or badly running game because of the tech being used.

Not on consoles.

Lots of people stick to their high-end PCs because unlike consoles, they can simply update them whenever they want to. Consoles don't have that advantage - You have to wait for the next generation, and that could be a long wait. Still, I think there's a lot that developers still haven't done with this generation, and I doubt it's because of technological limitations. In particular, AI comes to mind. Very few games have actually designed an impressive AI, and I kinda hope that changes. Anyway, which console is most powerful isn't going to matter much this time I'd bet.

#79 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Not on consoles.

Lots of people stick to their high-end PCs because unlike consoles, they can simply update them whenever they want to. Consoles don't have that advantage - You have to wait for the next generation, and that could be a long wait. Still, I think there's a lot that developers still haven't done with this generation, and I doubt it's because of technological limitations. In particular, AI comes to mind. Very few games have actually designed an impressive AI, and I kinda hope that changes. Anyway, which console is most powerful isn't going to matter much this time I'd bet.

The AI was one of the things that I was impressed with on Skyward Sword.

Back on topic: I agree that this gen with be the PS2 vs Xbox vs GCN deal in terms of power. This is how I think it will go down:

GameCube: Wii U
PlayStation 2: Xbox 720
Xbox: PlayStation 4

#80 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Not on consoles.

That is true One thing im looking for is actually more little graphic stuff in the games well you see that in PC games lots of console games are barebone and sub HD (most of the time)they work on the main objects places the textures but the small designs are left But that being said I feel the wiiu will do fine next gen if lets say the ps4/720 do release a title too graphical for the wiiu to handle it would probably just require the resolution being brought down to 720p for it to work fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!