• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Speaking with OXM, senior producer Vincent Pontbriand confirmed that Assassin's Creed: Unity will allow players to unlock in-game items such as gear by spending real world money, but assures players that this is as far as monetization will go in the game. 

Assassin's Creed: Unity launches October 28, 2014 for PS4, Xbox One, and Windows.

ix0zK3IbW8XAG.gif

Gif sums up anyone who supports garbage like this.

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

Wow, I'm glad we're not getting this. I wonder if this means the PS360 game will have micro-transactions as well?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

It doesn't force you to tho, no? I'm not for online transactions in video games but if it doesn't force me, it's alright.

#4 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

It doesn't force you to tho, no? I'm not for online transactions in video games but if it doesn't force me, it's alright.

Well it could be really helpful gear that would basically mean you would suck if you dont buy it.

Stupid Snowmads!

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

POPULAR

B5XrSMo.jpg

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

The point isn't If it'a optional, the point is they're adding extra items to the already $60 that you have to spend even more money to get, They're trying to milk any possible money they can from their consumers and it's disgusting.
If this was the year 2000, those better gear would be an optional cheat code, not a paid product.

Edited by Chrop, 14 August 2014 - 11:53 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

and this game is gonna sell millions upon millions.

#8 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

It's probably just some clothing or something. Not that I plan on getting this game anytime soon.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#9 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

I haven't bought a AC game yet, but I sure hope the stuff for sale is purely cosmetic, and not essential to experiencing the game to its full potential

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

The point isn't If it'a optional, the point is they're adding extra items to the already $60 that you have to spend even more money to get, They're trying to milk any possible money they can from their consumers and it's disgusting.
If this was the year 2000, those better gear would be an optional cheat code, not a paid product.

It's also that fact that this content you pay for is available on launch. I could understand if 6 months down the line Ubisoft wanted to sell some extra features to players but this is just cash-grabbing unicorn tongue.

#11 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

B5XrSMo.jpg

Lmao.

In that case it is bad. The thing is I look at games like NBA2k or Forza, and I feel that most of what you can buy, you can just earn it by playing through it. Still I'm with you, especially if they take away items and make em available only through online transactions.

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

I think the way MMORPG's do it is perfect (only time I've ever spent on microtransactions is Mabinogi (and league I guess, which is similar to MMOROPG format)). In other words there's a store of stuff you can buy wth real world money, but efects gameplay minimally, so aesthetic things and maybe things similar to pets, where you maybe get some extra inventory and a cool, faster way to get around. If it's like that I have no complaints. Except maybe the fact it's day one stuff. That depends on what it is though.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!