Photo

BREAKING: "Full House" is coming back to TV! Original cast included!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

ttp://www.tvguide.com/News/Full-House-Revival-1086245.aspx

Could a Full House return be in the works? The family sitcom, which aired on ABC from 1987 to 1995, is still a ratings juggernaut via repeats on Nick at Nite. Now Warner Bros. TV is mulling a new take on Full House, with some of the original cast intact.

Leading the charge is John Stamos (Uncle Jesse) — who has an ownership stake in the show, which gives him good reason to champion the new series. Original executive producer Bob Boyett and creator Jeff Franklin (who's writing the new version) are actively involved. Candace Cameron Bure (D.J.), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) and Andrea Barber (Kimmy) are on board, while Bob Saget (Danny) and Dave Coulier (Joey) are also involved in some way.

The cast has remained tight-knit and some of the actors have let it slip in the past that they'd like to see Full House return. Stamos, Coulier and Saget appeared in a yogurt commercial earlier this year, and also showed up on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon dressed as their Full House characters. Appearing on Bravo's Watch What Happens Live this past winter, Stamos hinted that a Full House revisit was being pondered: "We're sort of working on a twist on a sequel," he told host Andy Cohen. "But we don't know if it's going to happen yet or not." In 2009, Stamos also told the press that a Full House movie had been developed.

But another comedy from ABC's family-friendly "TGIF" lineup, Boy Meets World, was recently revived on Disney Channel as Girl Meets World. Such a revival would make perfect sense given the timeless popularity of Full House. According to Nick at Nite, repeats of the show in primetime average 1.5 million viewers, up 7 percent from last year. Episodes are also average a 0.4 rating in the key 18-49 demo, up 8 percent from a year ago. The show even has a healthy teen fan base, a demo that wasn't even born when the show ended.

Full House was routinely a Top 25 show during its original run, but ABC canceled it in 1995 as the sitcom became too expensive to continue and tastes changed. Staffers offered to cut their pay in order to keep the show going, but to no avail.

Insiders say the studio pitched a Full House revival last year that would have been set up like FX's Anger Management, in which the network that airs it must pick up a 90-episode slate (produced at an accelerated pace) if the initial 10 episodes hit a certain rating. Ultimately that idea didn't pan out, but as new generations continue to discover Full House, there's no doubt a reboot would generate loads of interest.

It's happening everyone! ;3

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

(cringes)

I never liked Full House.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Full House was one of those shows as a kid growing up you liked. Then you hit adulthood try and watch one and realize it's really putrid garbage. I can only imagine how much worse a new one will be with them being 20 years older and even more desperate for a job. Isn't Dave dead in a alley somewhere from a OD and Jodie have 17 kids? This will be sad.

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

leave the olson twins out and we are set

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:50 AM

Wonder how that's going to work, I guess the characters will just have kids of their own now.

I remember Candace Cameron Bure went all crazy Christian when she grew up and Jodie Sweetin had a phase where she did meth but hopefully they're both okay now.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Meh if it's like the old full house I won't watch it regularly but I'll definitely check out the first episode or two. If they actually make it more like a regular cable TV show where it isn't so squeaky clean I might watch.

I watched full house some when I was a kid but now if I try and watch an episode I can't get through it. Too brady bunch with over the top "life lessons". It just oozes cheese for me now...it's too clean, fake and family friendly. Not that I need a show to be ridden with curse words, violence, ect. I just need the show to feel real.

(cringes)

I never liked Full House.

haha I doubt they'd be interested. When was the last time they acted? They're both loaded with cash unlike other Full House alums so unless they're bored they probably won't be involved. Also I heard they weren't exactly close with other members of the cast.

Edited by alex15810, 28 August 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#7 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Full House was one of those shows as a kid growing up you liked. Then you hit adulthood try and watch one and realize it's really putrid garbage. I can only imagine how much worse a new one will be with them being 20 years older and even more desperate for a job. Isn't Dave dead in a alley somewhere from a OD and Jodie have 17 kids? This will be sad.

This.....could not be more accurate.

bb0.gif

#8 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

I wonder if the reaons all these 90's-early 2000's shows keep getting rebooted is because television companies realize their kids shows suck now.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

I wonder if the reaons all these 90's-early 2000's shows keep getting rebooted is because television companies realize their kids shows suck now.

It's one of those things from 90's that DON'T need to come back. Including the Night Trap and Shaq Fu sequels. If anything from the 90's are coming back, it should be 3D platforming games. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

Except they are bringing back the worst stuff lol

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Except they are bringing back the worst stuff lol

Some of the stuff they're  bringing back is pretty good. Just they're doing a bad job bringing them back.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:44 AM

Watching Full House for free, is as bad as paying $60 for Angry Birds on consoles.

No offense, Sorceror.

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:48 AM

Watching Full House for free, is as bad as paying $60 for Angry Birds on consoles.

No offense, Sorceror.

No offense taken, I collect too and have a nice job.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!