• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Adding the C stick? Sure.

ZL and ZR buttons? That's fine.

Better 3D, amiibo, and other hardware changes?  No skin off my nose.

Higher power which will cause a rift between old consumers and new consumers?  Now we have a problem.

I just bought a 3ds XL (refurbished from Nintendo for $135 plus S&H) and my brother just put in an order for one.  Now we both did so because our 3ds' were broken in some manner, and the cost of replacement/upgrade was not much more, and we needed a 3ds to play any of the 3ds games coming in the next 6 months.  In fact, as I type, I have my new copy of PL vs.  AA from the store sitting next to me while my 3ds finishes downloading Azure Gunvolt. 

So while I might be a bit bit biased given my circumstances, I must ask why they felt the need to do this? Especially if it's not technically their next handheld, but a slight upgrade of the existing one.  The name could use work too, as that will get old fast.

I think I need to lie down.

#43 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I didn't notice until now from watching this gamexplain video, you can customize your 3ds OS with themes of mario, zelda etc. Pretty cool and about time.

skip to 12:37 into the video

surely this sort of "theming" will be coming to Wii U as well with folders (i would highly bet)

That's like, the only part of this ND confirmed for NoA. Coming in an October update.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#44 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

i am really confused  is this supposed to be the succsessor or an upgrade???

#45 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of zelda,final fantasy,pokemon

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

It must be an upgrade like dsi. The only difference is dsi didn't get aaa exclusives like xenoblade.

'' It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.''

Voltaire

#46 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Adding the C stick? Sure.

ZL and ZR buttons? That's fine.

Better 3D, amiibo, and other hardware changes?  No skin off my nose.

Higher power which will cause a rift between old consumers and new consumers?  Now we have a problem.

I just bought a 3ds XL (refurbished from Nintendo for $135 plus S&H) and my brother just put in an order for one.  Now we both did so because our 3ds' were broken in some manner, and the cost of replacement/upgrade was not much more, and we needed a 3ds to play any of the 3ds games coming in the next 6 months.  In fact, as I type, I have my new copy of PL vs.  AA from the store sitting next to me while my 3ds finishes downloading Azure Gunvolt. 

So while I might be a bit bit biased given my circumstances, I must ask why they felt the need to do this? Especially if it's not technically their next handheld, but a slight upgrade of the existing one.  The name could use work too, as that will get old fast.

I think I need to lie down.

Really glad I never bought an xl right now... Actually, I think I will just stick with the 3ds size screen. Dont like giganto pixels.... 3ds looks jaggy enough as is.

Also stoked at the no screen scratch when closed fix. (Right Nintendo? the NO SCREEN SCRATCH FIX... RIGHT????)

Oh, it says 16000 yen, so that would be what? 150 bucks?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#47 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

Really glad I never bought an xl right now... Actually, I think I will just stick with the 3ds size screen. Dont like giganto pixels.... 3ds looks jaggy enough as is.

Also stoked at the no screen scratch when closed fix. (Right Nintendo? the NO SCREEN SCRATCH FIX... RIGHT????)

Oh, it says 16000 yen, so that would be what? 150 bucks?

It's not going to be 150$ (114€), no way

Voltaire

#48 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

So far I have resisted upgrading my broken launch 3DS.

I can no longer resist.

Anyone know if it will be possible to transfer games you already own?

Also it's possible Nintendo will try to give some sort of compensation for those who just bought a 3DS. I mean they did it for the price drop, so it could happen for this which is even bigger, right?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#49 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

So far I have resisted upgrading my broken launch 3DS.

I can no longer resist.

Anyone know if it will be possible to transfer games you already own?

Also it's possible Nintendo will try to give some sort of compensation for those who just bought a 3DS. I mean they did it for the price drop, so it could happen for this which is even bigger, right?

I think your statement is contradictory. Until they unify the accounts, how will you be able to transfer your old data to the new one without having to buy it? Thus eliminating the possibility to trade the old for a price cut in the new one.

Voltaire

#50 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

I think your statement is contradictory. Until they unify the accounts, how will you be able to transfer your old data to the new one without having to buy it? Thus eliminating the possibility to trade the old for a price cut in the new one.

Woah wait what (lol accidental alliteration (x2))?

I was just asking if the unification of accounts is possible yet, since I've fallen behind in 3DS news. The compensation thing was whole other thing I was talking about.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#51 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

It's not going to be 150$ (114€), no way

This is how nintendos bizarre pricing works. US gets the direct yen conversion cost, then eu gets the same NUMBER, but in euro...

So, 150 euro.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#52 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

This is how nintendos bizarre pricing works. US gets the direct yen conversion cost, then eu gets the same NUMBER, but in euro...

So, 150 euro.

I hope so.

Woah wait what (lol accidental alliteration (x2))?

I was just asking if the unification of accounts is possible yet, since I've fallen behind in 3DS news. The compensation thing was whole other thing I was talking about.

No they're still kinda tied to the console, so you have to trade the old one and lose your downloads if they'll have the compensation thing.

Voltaire

#53 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

So, 150 euro.

Think that's how every company does it. At least in gaming. But that's just what I've heard from the people I know in Britain.

I hope so.

No they're still kinda tied to the console, so you have to trade the old one and lose your downloads if they'll have the compensation thing.

Eh I'll just keep mine then. Killed me to trade in my DS lite for my 3DS anyway.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#54 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

After 2DS didn`t manage to do what Nintendo wanted, this could have been the other alternative in Nintendo`s plans for the handheld market.
Notice how one alternative was geared towards the tablet crowd and the other is geared towards the core gamer.

As attractive as it is, it will divide gamers, no doubt.

What we might end up seeing is, the old 3DS keeps getting the usual games and the NEW 3DS will get them plus a bunch of ports. Most likely GC and Wii ports, seeing as Nintendo, to not create droughts on both sides, will opt for the remakes to feel the blanks on the NEW 3DS.

That could actually explain why we haven`t seen no more remasters from the GC days. If it was so easy to port and even change stuff, why not do more of those? The answer could be 3DS.

Also, if we do see an increase of power in NEW 3DS, we will likely see more consoles for the Virtual Console and even more Indie games!

#55 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

So, 150 euro.

If the New 3DS XL is around $150, I will freak out. I can totally buy that and download Xenoblade in the same week.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#56 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

There's a couple design choices that just don't make sense. Why are the cartridge/stylus slots on the bottom? Why's the micro SD card slot in the back? Why can't the start/select buttons be next to the home button, leaving room for a larger circle pad? Why are the changeable covers only for the regular sized New 3DS? I know some of the positioning may have to do with the NFC stuff built in, and some of it is just nitpicking, but stuff like the stylus placement is just annoying. But even with all the odd choices, there's still enough reason for me to get this. Namely for the exclusive games, built in NFC support, and faster download speeds. I don't know when I'll be getting this, it depends on what games are out. I won't buy it just for the Xenoblade port, but I'll get it whenever there's a game I really want on it or when 3DS games start using Amiibo.

Edited by Cranky Kong, 29 August 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#57 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Think that's how every company does it. At least in gaming. But that's just what I've heard from the people I know in Britain.

Eh I'll just keep mine then. Killed me to trade in my DS lite for my 3DS anyway.

Q: Can you transfer software data from the Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL?
A: Data can be transferred from the Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL to the New Nintendo 3DS/New 3DS XL.

You can transfer all of your downloads and everything to the new 3ds, just like you could transfer everything between 3ds systems with the er... old 3ds.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#58 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Q: Can you transfer software data from the Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL?
A: Data can be transferred from the Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL to the New Nintendo 3DS/New 3DS XL.

You can transfer all of your downloads and everything to the new 3ds, just like you could transfer everything between 3ds systems with the er... old 3ds.

;_;

Beautiful... just beautiful.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#59 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

There's a couple design choices that just don't make sense. Why are the cartridge/stylus slots on the bottom? Why's the micro SD card slot in the back? Why can't the start/select buttons be next to the home button, leaving room for a larger circle pad? Why are the changeable covers only for the regular sized New 3DS? I know some of the positioning may have to do with the NFC stuff built in, and some of it is just nitpicking, but stuff like the stylus placement is just annoying. I don't know when I'll be getting this, it depends on what games are out. I won't buy it just for the Xenoblade port, but I'll get it whenever there's a game I really want on it or when 3DS games start using Amiibo.

For the hardware related questions, that will be answered instantly upon a system teardown. Can pretty much say with confidence its because the internals of the new hardware were in the way, so things had to be mved and... well, Nubbin had to be, nubbin.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#60 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

This came from nowhere. Nintendo take my monies now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!