• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#101 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

Any word on how much these will cost?  Mine is a year old and holding up pretty well, but I've thought about getting a new one eventually. like maybe next year at this time

#102 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hey 3dude check it out.... things are getting interesting...

OMG...is that a LEAK??? Another one??? *NEW #Nintendo #3DS usable on #WiiU...OffScreen GP, Hardware Bundle & MORE *O* pic.twitter.com/D1NSPHY9Oy

#103 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

Well now they are gonna piss off a lot more people if that's true

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#104 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

You can say that. Yet, my kids have both a 3ds xl, and i'm afraid that in ayear from now, most game WILL be New3ds only. So by then I 'll need to upgrade. This is what I normally see as a next gen. That's what I say with, This NEW stuff is just a camouflage.

In my honest opinion I doubt there will be very many new 3DS exclusives. The old 3DS has a bigger install base, and sine it's not like the improvements to the gpu are a huge jump I would guess ports would be quite easy to do and quite profitable.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#105 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Well now they are gonna piss off a lot more people if that's true

If it is true, how would that piss people off? Many have been wanting this feature for a long time but it appears the original 3ds hardware was just not enough. If this is indeed true, it's pretty awesome.

If it is bundled with Wii U, expect a bit higher price anyways, and if it's not ... it's just another reason to upgrade to the new 3ds. Of course, no one is forcing you to do anything.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#106 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

Honestly, I think it might be more like the DSi. With the exception being that the few games exclusive to it are actually really worth having.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#107 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

If it is true, how would that piss people off? Many have been wanting this feature for a long time but it appears the original 3ds hardware was just not enough. If this is indeed true, it's pretty awesome.

If it is bundled with Wii U, expect a bit higher price anyways, and if it's not ... it's just another reason to upgrade to the new 3ds. Of course, no one is forcing you to do anything.

Many have been wanting it, but having to buy a brand new handheld for something that, in their eyes, should/could be possible on the normal 3Ds is going to piss them off. Folks are already pissed off woth these new 3Ds, let alome when they finally act as a second gamepad.

#108 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

Many have been wanting it, but having to buy a brand new handheld for something that, in their eyes, should/could be possible on the normal 3Ds is going to piss them off. Folks are already pissed off woth these new 3Ds, let alome when they finally act as a second gamepad.

People are always going to be ticked off about something.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#109 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:38 AM

People are always going to be ticked off about something.

I know, you should have seen the hate on the dutch forums when the New 3Ds was revealed

#110 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:53 AM

I know, you should have seen the hate on the dutch forums when the New 3Ds was revealed

It's quite literally the impossible task keeping every, especially Nintendo fans, happy. Nintendo could offer to upgrade people for free, and they would still moan and complain "I like the one i already have" or "My closest location is so faaaar". Nintendo is too good to us, and so we moan every time they do something that isn't 100% perfect.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#111 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:06 AM

It's quite literally the impossible task keeping every, especially Nintendo fans, happy. Nintendo could offer to upgrade people for free, and they would still moan and complain "I like the one i already have" or "My closest location is so faaaar". Nintendo is too good to us, and so we moan every time they do something that isn't 100% perfect.

I feel like I'm the only one super hyped about this. Those colored SNES style buttons immediately sold me. Then all the features and especially the faceplates made me even more excited. I just really hope it comes out this year in NA. It would suck if it came out after the holiday season because a lot of people would get the current ones and then feel gyped when it comes out.  

My brother calls it the Super Nintendo Gamecube 3DS since they took ideas from the two. 

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#112 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

If anyone complains about no ac adapter... you should have been complaining back in 2012 with the 3ds XL. Japan's system didn't include adapter, North America did. Looks like this could be same scenario for the new 3ds and new 3ds xl.

Games exclusive for platform?

Super Mario Sunshine   - new 3ds exclusive

Xenoblade 3d 

Twilight Princess

Codename Steam (enhanced)

From Gaf and IGN boards, new 3ds pdf shows increased power over current 3ds including GPU upgrade performance.

u6z7qidd.jpg

Wish it was true... but doubtful

Edited by Sorceror12, 02 September 2014 - 01:41 PM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#113 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

If anyone complains about no ac adapter... you should have been complaining back in 2012 with the 3ds XL.

Oh, so because Nintendo pulled a crappy move before it's okay for them to pull a crappy move now?

I guess it's wrong of me to expect a product to come included with everything it needs to properly function. Even if the NA version does come with an AC adapter, it's still something tremendously stupid for the Japanese version.

Edited by Waller, 02 September 2014 - 02:23 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#114 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

Oh, so because Nintendo pulled a crappy move before it's okay for them to pull a crappy move now?

I guess it's wrong of me to expect a product to come included with everything it needs to properly function. Even if the NA version does come with an AC adapter, it's still something tremendously stupid for the Japanese version.

Sorry to hear you live in Japan and have to get an adapter.

From my understanding, this was never a big issue in Japan. It is sort of an eco-friendly and smart move especially regarding waste. Japan is just one of many countries overwhelmed with electronic waste regarding old computer systems, phones, cables etc.

Edited by Sorceror12, 02 September 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#115 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

If anyone complains about no ac adapter... you should have been complaining back in 2012 with the 3ds XL. Japan's system didn't include adapter, North America did. Looks like this could be same scenario for the new 3ds and new 3ds xl.

Games exclusive for platform?

Super Mario Sunshine - new 3ds exclusive
Xenoblade 3d
Twilight Princess
Codename Steam (enhanced)

From Gaf and IGN boards, new 3ds pdf shows increased power over current 3ds including GPU upgrade performance.

u6z7qidd.jpg

Wish it was true... but doubtful

3dude can translate the specs. All I care about are the games. Pretty solid line-up. Now if that MH4 bundle will just come over here...

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#116 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

3dude can translate the specs. All I care about are the games. Pretty solid line-up. Now if that MH4 bundle will just come over here...

Yeah, not sure if that pdf is real though. Came from someone on IGN, and the post seemed fishy... none the less the specs could be real, the game exclusives might be fake hype. If specs are legit, it's a sweet upgrade. Double the cpu and gpu speeds. More RAM. Extra ommpph... the browser should scroll and zoom in and out like it does on the wii u gamepad. SMOOTH

Edited by Sorceror12, 02 September 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#117 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

Specs are what has been told before.

I am just glad if true about the game I can get Code Name Steam on my current DS even if not enhanced whatever that means. As long as I can play it.

#118 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Specs are what has been told before.

I am just glad if true about the game I can get Code Name Steam on my current DS even if not enhanced whatever that means. As long as I can play it.

Hey bro, I know the CPU specs in the document is legit, but this is the first time I think we saw something about the GPU, or did I miss the info about it from before?

#119 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

I don't know now to TBH but it only make sense as I don't think you can do one without the other. It goes hand in hand. I have nowhere near the tech know how 3dude does but it seems to work out IMO. The the ram and Vram was already confirmed. Speed of the GPU not sure was but makes perfect sense to me.

#120 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Now I don't know which one to get :(

New 3DS has the customisable faceplates while the XL will not have changeable plates.

I want an XL, but also want changeable plates.  BOOOO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!