Photo

Chibatman, Japanese Batman cosplayer, cruises Chiba City on custom-made 'batpod'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

A 41-year-old welder has gone undercover as Japan's answer to Batman, cruising the streets of Chiba City dressed in a bat suit and riding a custom-made "batpod" on a mission to bring laughter.

The identity of the person behind "Chibatman" is a closely guarded secret, but the would-be superhero cruises his city's streets on his three-wheeled "Chibatpod" – based on the motorcycle used by Batman in the hit movie The Dark Knight.

Chibatman said that, unlike his Gotham City counterpart, his mission is to bring smiles rather than fight crime.

"During the great earthquake people forgot how to smile," he said. "I wanted to help bring them back, and that's why I started."

He has been seen driving around on his heavily modified vehicle for nearly three years, but became an internet superhero recently after a video of him riding along a highway in Japan in full costume went viral.

The modified three-wheeled motorcycle that brought much of Chibatman's fame cost about $6,165 to buy and modify.

"It took me around four months to build," he said.

"If you put your back into it though, it's something that can be done."

Now a superstar in his home town, Chibatman is inspiring people like 11-year-old Hayama Shinohara.

"I think it's cool how he goes around town dressed as Batman without feeling embarrassed at all," Hayama said.

Chibatman also dresses up as a Star Wars storm trooper and drives around in a truck to get people to laugh.

He said he plans to continue his hobby, though he reportedly has no plans to build a Batmobile.

http://www.abc.net.a...-knight/5709962

So this is what Christian Bale doing now. Fighting crime in Japan. 

Edited by Zinix, 01 September 2014 - 06:46 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

This guy is awesome.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!