AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Just seen this video that has found unused audio files in the smash 3ds game data and it's has a few things that are quite interesting.

In particular the phrase "8 player smash" is said, could this tie into the wii u version and having 8 players at a time in a fight? It might be a crosslink with the 3ds where you have 4 wii u players and 4 3ds players.

Or maybe it's all going to stay unused :/

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 09 October 2014 - 03:12 PM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

Interesting to see what occurs. You can use 3ds as a controller in Wii u version...so 8 player smash would be insane.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

Interesting to see what occurs. You can use 3ds as a controller in Wii u version...so 8 player smash would be insane.

Literally. Players 3,4,5,6,7,and 8 can get in your way while you fight player 2!

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

I think this will remain unused. Eight players is just too much. These were probably tourney sound clips.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:54 PM

Eight players will not happen because that would require 8 detailed character models on screen at once, and that couldn't work (I'm still upset).

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:48 PM

Yeah no way the 3DS could get close to 8 players at once when it couldn't handle two Ice Climbers.

Wii U could, but it probs won't since they want the two versions to be the same.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

from smashboards

So earlier today, all of the textures for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS were leaked out. This, of all the things it included, had all of the textures used for the trophies. Strangely enough, Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee had all been missing trophies!

Also, along with that, RIGHT NEXT TO the Character Select Screen textures is two textures featuring green and orange arrows pointing left and right, respectively. The same thing goes for the Stage Select Screen, except these textures have the same outline that the SSS Stage Icons have. Also, the textures for the Character Select Screen have the same background color as the CSS background (dark-ish gray), so they fit in correctly.

Thoughts?

Arrow Textures:

Character Select Screen...

8OvNlkf.pngEL2JT9L.png

Stage Select Screen...

NzSyEjq.pngoy0GXfG.png

ANOTHER FIND:

nuuF90H.png

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

So the assumption is that the arrows will be used for moving to a different page of characters/stages?

from smashboards

Heavily hinting at dlc content then, and there's more evidence for 8 player smash unless someone can think of another reason for having players 1 through 8?

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 10 October 2014 - 10:55 AM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

So the assumption is that the arrows will be used for moving to a different page of characters/stages?

Heavily hinting at dlc content then, and  also there's more evidence for 8 player smash unless someone can think of another reason for having players 1 through 8?

Perhaps amiibo characters account for something like 4 vs 4? I guess we will all find out soon. Gotta expect a Holiday Nintendo Direct shortly after or before Bayo 2 ships. 

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

8 players were probably tested but scrapped for the same reason Ice Climbers were. I'm more PO'd about the fact that Bandana Dee apparently doesn't have a trophy. Like, what gives? He's the fourth main Kirby character now.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#11 MRNYY42

MRNYY42

Gym Leader

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • NNID:MRNYY42
  • Fandom:
    Electric Type Gym Leader [Kalos Region]

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:16 AM

Intresting, It make wonder what games have done the same sort of thing. Games that were highly rated before realese and then did not  live up to the ratings after Realese could of scrapped certain features for whatever Reason and mayby certain  games suffered as a result of this?

Can anyone think of games that were better before being relooked at by devs  because of producers questioning certain feature?

Electric Type Gym Leader [Kalos Region]

#12 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

Intresting, It make wonder what games have done the same sort of thing. Games that were highly rated before realese and then did not  live up to the ratings after Realese could of scrapped certain features for whatever Reason and mayby certain  games suffered as a result of this?

Can anyone think of games that were better before being relooked at by devs  because of producers questioning certain feature?

Aliens: Colonial Marines, Destiny.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:32 AM

Anything by Ubisoft.. or just about 

#14 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:44 AM

Lucky Wii U versions of 3ed party games don't get patches or DLC, right???

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#15 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:42 AM

If we're not talking graphically I don't remember anything by Ubisoft that did that. Graphically I know Watch_dogs has done it. 

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!