Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

Nintendo's new update to their user agreement has some people rustled. With the problem being that you can't disagree with it, even if you disagree with the things in it. Main things in it being that you don't own any software you buy for it, and that Nintendo can update it at any point without notice to you (people are afraid of a PS3-like bricking scenario).

What do you lads think about this one? I think it's obviously a very extreme measure to stop piracy, but it won't put me off my console any time soon.

Edited by R00bot, 17 October 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

who cares IMO.

I just agree and game. Only people who care are the fine line readers which is only important when buying a car, buying a house or getting surgery LMAO

Edited by Sorceror12, 17 October 2014 - 02:33 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

All Eulas threaten you that you will die and your family will burn in hell if you don't agree or do this that or another and know they own your soul.

Blah blah blah same thing as always. That's kinda always been my issue with digital games as you never truly own it on anything unless it's DRM free like GOG. Consoles and Steam not so much. Unless steam has changed(not played in a long time)

Just agree and move on

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

I actually like the fact Nintendo will update without notification. What if there is some sort of issue and vulnerability found.... if Nintendo can fix/patch issues on the fly it benefits the users.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

I would like to have a Wii U home brew to play imports. That's the only reason I used Wii home brew. With the Wii U updates it makes it very hard to make a home brew and I don't blame Nintendo. Some people used it for piracy.  I did it to play Xenoblade,The Last Story and Pandora's Tower PAL versions when it seemed NOA had no desire to bring them over. Now I use it for Japanese imports.

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

It was kinda obvious that we didn't own the online games we bought the moment we found out we couldn't download it to a second Wii u for free.
But I honestly don't care. Auto updates just make it easier for me to play my game faster without having to wait for it to update when I want to play it.

Also isn't there an option to turn auto updates off or is that gone?

Edited by Chrop, 17 October 2014 - 04:11 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

Also isn't there an option to turn auto updates off or is that gone?

I guess it must be gone if they've put that in the license agreement.

I actually like the fact Nintendo will update without notification. 

I like it too. People are just scared they'll do a Sony and release an update that bricks their console, they won't be able to avoid downloading that now.

bi5tzqg.gif

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

I posted on that video.
I think it's pure crap, if you don't agree then there is nothing you can do. And your system is gone.
It's doesn't even matter what is said in it.
It's the fact that you don't have the choice to disagree.
Now the ps3 had the other os and some ps2 backwards compatible taken away with an update.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

Youve never actually owned any digital games. Just a license to use it. Thats why im physical.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

OK let's change the terminology from agree, to "continue".

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

Another reason why Physical Copies are superior. #PhysicalMasteRace

Edited by WydrA, 17 October 2014 - 05:33 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

I guess I don't like it, but this is practically what's been going on since Day 1, so it don't matter too much.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#13 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:56 PM

Another reason why Physical Copies are superior. #PhysicalMasteRace

My physical copy of NFS MW is getting dodgy, sometimes it won't load up and I'll have to take it out and put it back in 3-4 times. Really annoying and the reason I've been going digital a lot more recently.

I've basically only been buying games I think I might get bored of and resell physically. Digital games I can't resell, so I get ones that I won't resell.

bi5tzqg.gif

#14 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:58 PM

It's pretty amazing what Nintendo does have control over on your console though. They completely control your internet access, so if you get banned from online services, no more eShop downloads for you. Even if you've already purchased the game.

Honestly right now the lack of an account based system is my biggest complaint with the system, but I understand why it exists. Considering that they can get fined incredibly large sums if they collect data from anyone under 13 without parental consent.  

If the kids lie about being 13+, they have to call Nintendo and get their parents to sign a consent form to get back online. It saves their asses, but it also means they don't get completely locked out of their games like an online account system. Games tied to a console won't disappear if your user is banned.

its 1 AM and im not proofreading this post

#15 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

EULA has always stated the user never owns the software, physical or digital.

#16 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

Okay I can't understand why this is a deal, much less BIG deal, at all... Who on earth doesn't agree to EULAs? Is there ANY reason not to? And even if you don't literally agree, why not just say you do like everyone does with new software?

I read an interesting thing on NeoGAF. Many people were saying how it's fine for software and such like Steam to do this, as it's only software, a service. But it's not fine for Nintendo to do this, as the Wii U is a physical console. However, one user pointed out that this EULA is, in fact, not stopping people from using the Wii U, only it's software, which is fine, according to their logic.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:15 AM

I read elsewhere the way you can decline is to have never turned wi-fi on for your system.  :laugh:

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

EULA has always stated the user never owns the software, physical or digital.

Really? How is that even legal?

bi5tzqg.gif

#19 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

This is the same on the Playstation, Xbox, & any-other console or device, especially if it is connected to the internet & prone to updates.

Does this guy check out every single update he does to his laptop/pc weather it be Win, OSX or Linux because the updates for these OS's if not installed could cause the system to not work correctly, this EULA is no different to any-other.

I also do not understand why he is upset about the OS called 'software' only being licensed to him, the OS is propriety & will only work on a WiiU, he goes on about the EU law stating that he can sell it, well yes he can, but he cannot remove the OS & sell the hardware & software separately.

He seems to have a number of digital games on his WiiU did he read the agreement to those as well because he only has a licence to use them like all digital content.

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

Really? How is that even legal?

lol they can't claim to own the physical version you bought. Just that it's illegal to make copies and sell it if anything.

I don't believe they can own your physical copy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!