KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

So was very surprised to see a huge lack of discussion of peoples thoughts on Bayonetta 2, especially considering how hype so many were for he release. Made this thread so people can post their impressions ask questions and discuss anything else about the game. Same can also apply for Bayo 1 for those of us who didn't get to play it until now.

My personal impression (of Bayonetta 1):

I've didn't even get to play an hour before my parents came home (nnot playing this in front of them, lol) and then I passed out from exhaustion, but so far...?

I really, really like it. First of all, I should mention that the demo gave me a very different impression of what the game would be. I thought it would basically just be fight after fight after fight, but (so far) there's some exploring and puzzl-ish stuff in there as well, and I honestly kind of like that better. It's really hard to explain, but it gives me this feeling like playing something from two generations ago, like a PS2 game or something. I don't mean that in a bad way at all either, in fact it's a really goo thing. There's there really nice sense of excitement and adventure that I really haven't felt from playing anything in a long, long time. I mean my Wii u library is far from extensive (Arkham origins and city, MK8, Nintendoland, Splintercell: Blacklist) but I can say without a doubt that none of the other games I own have made me fell like that. It's one of the reasons I don't touch my Wii U that much; I rarely to almost never really want to play something. Like to the point where I'm craving getting back to it. But I can say that I'm without a doubt excited to play some more bayonetta tonight.

Also for some reason I just got the combat way better playing the actual game compared to the demo. Haven't gotten below a silver on anything yet (though I did somehow die once :( )

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#2 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

Well i had been playing since i came home from work ha so just now hitting the internet. Never played any so I'm starting on the 1st game, its very nice. I like the combat, the visuals even for the 1st one are very grand and fluid, so I'm very much looking forward to the 2nd game. 5 hours in, no complaints so far. and the costumes/sound effects are so awesome. 

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

I beat the game in one sitting...oops.

I started this morning and finished an hour ago. Def better than the first. Fixed many small issues I had.

Now watch as Sony secretly funded Bayonetta 3 lol

#4 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:31 PM

I'm enjoying the game. Played B1 many years ago and forgot a bit about it. While playing it now I recognise sooooo many things from W101. The whole rankingsystem, the shop, the animation style, cooking. I even think the first levels have many overlaps. Anyway, I started with b2 and will play B1 after that as some kind of prequel.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

Buy the super mirror 64-2 to unlock Samus,Link and Fox costumes. Link halos become Link to the past rupees. Samus varia suit from NES and uses SNES sounds. Fox she holds R wings for guns and in prologue when Jeanne comes on the jet the jet is now a R wing. In the final chapter the jet becomes a R wing and even has lock on like Star Fox 64.Not tried mario suits yet

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

Buy the super mirror 64-2 to unlock Samus,Link and Fox costumes. Link halos become Link to the past rupees. Samus varia suit from NES and uses SNES sounds. Fox she holds R wings for guns and in prologue when Jeanne comes on the jet the jet is now a R wing. In the final chapter the jet becomes a R wing and even has lock on like Star Fox 64.Not tried mario suits yet

Spoiler tag for those of us who would rather figure it out ourselves please...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:06 AM

Yeah, quit a spoiler

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#8 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

Damn

#9 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:25 AM

I msut say that I find the fighting in 1 way slower compared to what I gotten used to from the demo for 2. But damn is it a amazing ga,e

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

I msut say that I find the fighting in 1 way slower compared to what I gotten used to from the demo for 2. But damn is it a amazing ga,e

yeah i'll agree with that. Also there's a big difference in the speed of hits when you actually hit a target vs. when you don't. Completely changes the timing.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

I'd written a long post with my impression on Bayonetta 1 (which I recently bought even though I'd already played most of it), but I disconnected my PC and I don't feel like rewriting it anymore, so here's some bulletpoints instead:

• Most boss battles are pretty forgettable. The only one I remember actually having fun with was Jeanne, the rest were all gimmicky boss battles simply because their size impeded them from being anything else. Really disappointed with that one. :/
  • Angel Attack gets pretty damn tedious after a while. Should have made it optional, Kamiya.
  • Out of nowhere instant-death QTE's make me cry.
  • Space Harrier level and motorcycle level are too repetitive and went on for waaaay too long. The Space Harrier one was particularly terrible considering it made me nauseous, but at least that one rewards you with the best fight in the game. I'm just dreading having to replay the motorcycle level on my Hard playthrough because there's nothing going for that level...
  • Witch Time is too easily triggered and it's OP as hell. Should have been frame perfect like the parries. At least I hear it's gone from the highest difficulty level, so that's something. Maybe I'll actually learn how to play the game on Non-Stop Infinite Climax!
  • Don't care for locked difficulty settings. I still remember when I lost my DMC4 save file, ahahaha, I was so happy I took the disc off to have some fun in a shooting range. Come on Kamiya, you put in cheat codes to unlock accesories but you didn't put a cheat code in to unlock difficulties?

Some of those complaints are pretty nitpicky, but I'm just posting them because I'm wondering how much of that was fixed in the sequel. Other than that, brilliant game. The animation is fantastic, the mannerism and baroque architecture-inspired art design is great, the exploration elements of the game are much improved from DMC's (where you never really had any real motivation to explore the castle), the freaking soundtrack is a perfect match for the game, the obvious mention of the combat system, the special mention of Gracious and Glorious which are by far the best common enemies in the entire goddamned genre, Bayonetta's gonna bust a cap in yo ass...

I just love this game.

So anyway, I heard somewhere that you weren't penalized for using items in the Bayonetta 2 demo, which... is a bit questionable. Is that still a thing in the full game?

Edited by Waller, 26 October 2014 - 11:47 AM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

I'd written a long post with my impression on Bayonetta 1 (which I recently bought even though I'd already played most of it), but I disconnected my PC and I don't feel like rewriting it anymore, so here's some bulletpoints instead:

• Most boss battles are pretty forgettable. The only one I remember actually having fun with was Jeanne, the rest were all gimmicky boss battles simply because their size impeded them from being anything else. Really disappointed with that one. :/
  • Angel Attack gets pretty damn tedious after a while. Should have made it optional, Kamiya.
  • Space Harrier level and motorcycle level are too repetitive and went on for waaaay too long. The Space Harrier one was particularly terrible considering it made me nauseous, but at least that one rewards you with the best fight in the game. I'm just dreading having to replay the motorcycle level on my Hard playthrough because there's nothing going for that level...
  • Witch Time is too easily triggered and it's OP as hell. Should have been frame perfect like the parries. At least I hear it's gone from the highest difficulty level, so that's something. Maybe I'll actually learn how to play the game on Non-Stop Infinite Climax!
  • Don't care for locked difficulty settings. I still remember when I lost my DMC4 save file, ahahaha, I was so happy I took the disc off to have some fun in a shooting range. Come on Kamiya, you put in cheat codes to unlock accesories but you didn't put a cheat code in to unlock difficulties?

Some of those complaints are pretty nitpicky, but I'm just posting them because I'm wondering how much of that was fixed in the sequel. Other than that, brilliant game. The animation is fantastic, the mannerism and baroque architecture-inspired art design is great, the exploration elements of the game are much improved from DMC's (where you never really had any real motivation to explore the castle), the freaking soundtrack is a perfect match for the game, the obvious mention of the combat system, the special mention of Gracious and Glorious which are by far the best common enemies in the entire goddamned genre, Bayonetta's gonna bust a cap in yo ass...

I just love this game.

So anyway, I heard somewhere that you weren't penalized for using items in the Bayonetta 2 demo, which... is a bit questionable. Is that still a thing in the full game?

Defnitely agree about the QTE's. Also I the gigaton thing a lot harer to see in bayo 1, so sometimes I almost completely miss it, and frequently realize it's there too late to get max bonus :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

I just love this game.

Witch Time OP and too easily triggered?? I'm already having a hard time getting the thing to activate let alone for a fair amount of time. The rest I'm not that far in yet or it doesn't bother me as much, the one thing I do hate is that fact that certain enemy's attacks need to be dodge imediatly after a cutscene ends. I've been hit so many times because of that.

I don't think it was even possible to use items in the Bayo 2 demo.

#14 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:49 AM

Witch Time OP and too easily triggered?? I'm already having a hard time getting the thing to activate let alone for a fair amount of time.

Yes, I consider a skill that makes you invincible, makes you faster, makes your enemies slower, makes your enemies more susceptible to your attacks, can be activated an indefinite number of times, is relatively easy to activate and even gives you a score bonus, to be overpowered.

How easy it is to activate the skill is relative to the skill of the player, of course, but for something as tremendously advantageous as Witch Time I'd consider anything but frame-perfect dodges to be too easy. By the time you reach the second boss, you'll probably already have the timing of Witch Time all figured out.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:26 AM

Witch time is only easy on easy setting. It's more rare in Normal and on harder settings it's super rare. So Witch time is a reward mechanic for a player doing really well where other games force you into a QTE. 

Bayonetta series is a true action game unlike God of War. GOW only became popular because it was shallow and easy. Before GOW Action games were in depth and hard like balls nailed to the wall with rusty nails hard. Rygar,Maximo,Mark of Kri.Castlevania Lament of Innocence,Devil May Cry and others. Had some depth to the combat system. GOW comes along rips off Castlevania Lament and them dumbs things down. Press circle button over and over and over until a QTE pops up. Really lame.

Bayonetta returned the genre to it's roots with combos and depth and a good challenge even with witch time it's not easy..again unless you set it on easy. Sure you can blaze through the game on normal but can't get this Platinums by doing that. DmC or as I call it Bob may Cry was bad (besides story and characters) was the combat was dumbed so far down that by mashing buttons you could get S ranks. You have no idea how excited I got my first S rank in DMC3. Witch time is different for every enemy type. Witch time to Bayonetta in terms of mechanics is what Speed is to Sonic in the original Sonic game son Genesis. It's given to you as a reward for doing well and not always there. Last witch time the amount of time you have is determined how last minute you dodged. There will be times it lasts a good while and others less than 2 seconds.

#16 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

Yes, I consider a skill that makes you invincible, makes you faster, makes your enemies slower, makes your enemies more susceptible to your attacks, can be activated an indefinite number of times, is relatively easy to activate and even gives you a score bonus, to be overpowered.

How easy it is to activate the skill is relative to the skill of the player, of course, but for something as tremendously advantageous as Witch Time I'd consider anything but frame-perfect dodges to be too easy. By the time you reach the second boss, you'll probably already have the timing of Witch Time all figured out.

No I haven't, at moments I'm dodging as late as possible and still it won't activatie. I mostly get this with certain enemy's which is really weird cause at other moments they will. Besides that, the more frame perfect you dodge the longer your witch time will last, dodging earlier will make it so damn short sometimes I can't even get back to the enemy.

Also however designed those Boat enemy's, well they can dine in hell.

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

Kamiya the director and creator of the Devil May Cry and Bayonetta series. He is pretty clear he has not liked What Capcom has done with the series since 4. Bayonetta is the answer to those games obvioualy and full of references. For example,"Flock off feather face" from Bayonetta 1 is a direct quote from Dante in DMC1. I could list all the references but take ages. I won't list them all just one and a big one in a spoiler for those who want will find something interesting and is Kamiya's middle finger to DMC4 from 2007.

Spoiler

#18 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:03 PM

Witch time is only easy on easy setting. It's more rare in Normal and on harder settings it's super rare. So Witch time is a reward mechanic for a player doing really well where other games force you into a QTE. 

Bayonetta series is a true action game unlike God of War. GOW only became popular because it was shallow and easy. Before GOW Action games were in depth and hard like balls nailed to the wall with rusty nails hard. Rygar,Maximo,Mark of Kri.Castlevania Lament of Innocence,Devil May Cry and others. Had some depth to the combat system. GOW comes along rips off Castlevania Lament and them dumbs things down. Press circle button over and over and over until a QTE pops up. Really lame.

Bayonetta returned the genre to it's roots with combos and depth and a good challenge even with witch time it's not easy..again unless you set it on easy. Sure you can blaze through the game on normal but can't get this Platinums by doing that. DmC or as I call it Bob may Cry was bad (besides story and characters) was the combat was dumbed so far down that by mashing buttons you could get S ranks. You have no idea how excited I got my first S rank in DMC3. Witch time is different for every enemy type. Witch time to Bayonetta in terms of mechanics is what Speed is to Sonic in the original Sonic game son Genesis. It's given to you as a reward for doing well and not always there. Last witch time the amount of time you have is determined how last minute you dodged. There will be times it lasts a good while and others less than 2 seconds.

Nah, I played on Normal and I'm playing on Hard right now, but I didn't notice a difference on Witch Time. Like I said, if they absolutely wanted to put a godmode in there, they should have made it frame perfect like Bats Within and Counter. As it stands, Witch Time is easily abusable, to the point where I've seen a ton of people whose entire play consists of shooting until they manage to activate Witch Time. That's no good. The most interesting play should be the most effective play as well.

I don't see how giving the player 5 seconds of godmode every time they dodge competently adds anything to the game. In DMC4 they gave you a small boost to your combo multiplier for dodging well and that worked well enough as a reward. Besides, it's redundant, your reward for doing well is your mission rank, why do you feel the need to be rewarded every 30 seconds?

No I haven't, at moments I'm dodging as late as possible and still it won't activatie. I mostly get this with certain enemy's which is really weird cause at other moments they will. Besides that, the more frame perfect you dodge the longer your witch time will last, dodging earlier will make it so damn short sometimes I can't even get back to the enemy.

Also however designed those Boat enemy's, well they can dine in hell.

You can't activate Witch Time on some enemies, and some have attacks that won't activate Witch Time when dodged.

The longer shorter thing would be okay as a defense for Witch Time if the amount of times you could activate Witch Time was less than infinite.

Edited by Waller, 29 October 2014 - 12:04 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#19 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

I'm working all week to the max, so I'll probably have to wait until Saturday night to get to this game. I wanna give it the full attention it deserves.

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

Nah, I played on Normal and I'm playing on Hard right now, but I didn't notice a difference on Witch Time. Like I said, if they absolutely wanted to put a godmode in there, they should have made it frame perfect like Bats Within and Counter. As it stands, Witch Time is easily abusable, to the point where I've seen a ton of people whose entire play consists of shooting until they manage to activate Witch Time. That's no good. The most interesting play should be the most effective play as well.

I don't see how giving the player 5 seconds of godmode every time they dodge competently adds anything to the game. In DMC4 they gave you a small boost to your combo multiplier for dodging well and that worked well enough as a reward. Besides, it's redundant, your reward for doing well is your mission rank, why do you feel the need to be rewarded every 30 seconds?

You can't activate Witch Time on some enemies, and some have attacks that won't activate Witch Time when dodged.

The longer shorter thing would be okay as a defense for Witch Time if the amount of times you could activate Witch Time was less than infinite.

Your sole complaint is that on occasion you can't be killed?

Gee whiz..

JWi3S6Y.jpg

And in that game it's not a reward you just get it just because. Using Batman as an example is laughable a very simplistic crap dumb combat system. That's the kinda garbage that gets action games more popular is making them dumb. It's super simple combat with button prompt and rinse and repeat.

Edited by Ryudo, 29 October 2014 - 12:50 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bayonetta, Bayo 2, Dat leather, Dat booty, non stop lip licking action

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!