• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

I haven't told anyone on the internet this, but my dad died unexpectedly two weeks ago. I might be visiting this forum a little more than usual as well because now half the internet hates me over what they thought was a poor Kickstarter, so I can't visit anywhere else. I won't be doing another Kickstarter or anything like that soon. Not even Patreon or Indiegogo because that will just add fuel to the internet fire as soon as they find the page.

I'm also pretty grossly in debt. I might be able to get out of it. This has nothing to do with me wanting money on Kickstarter, I would have certainly spent it on the project because I know you can get sued by backers if you don't.

Regarding my dad, he went in for a one-day surgery on the colon. Turns out his liver and kidneys were failing and they seemed to pretty much find out after the surgery I guess and they weren't quick enough to save him. He died at age 60.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

POPULAR

My condolences. Keep your head up and its nice to keep your mind off things at times but make sure you make time for yourself and close family to heal.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

Sorry to here that. Come here as much as you want. I know this forum can be bit crazy at times but I'm sure everyone here has some kind of love for each other, so I'm sure you won't have a hard time like you have been from other places. Anyways look at the positive and try to make the best of everything. My sister is into living a healthy lifestyle and one of the things she says is if you think positive, positive things will happen around you,aka the law of attraction. I'm sure it sounds weird, but sometimes it works.  And don't give up on your Kickstarter because you'll make mistakes and you'll need to work on them. I'm sure Reggie didn't make it as president of Nintendo of America without a little schooling and practice. And try your hardest to ignore those people on the internet, they only act tough because they're far away at a computer.

Good luck, and may your dad rest in peace.

Edited by Gruff the Villager, 28 October 2014 - 06:07 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

My condolences. Keep your head up and its nice to keep your mind off things at times but make sure you make time for yourself and close family to heal.

And this is certainly a great place for distraction from time to time.

#5 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

You can have my condolences.

I'm sure we're all nice people behind the monitor. PM me or something if you want to vent.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

Oh man that's terrible. Mate, it you ever need to talk to someone then I'm here for you. Things'll get better man, trust me.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:52 PM

I know the pain of losing a parent. 10 years ago when I was 21 lost my dad to suicide. I was broke and lost.Took me a long time to grieve and move on in my life. Hang in there man. Life deals kicks to the face a lot but the goal is to keep moving forward no matter how many times you get hit.

I should have been dead years ago from my bad heart and could have got me down but I'm a happy mofo. Hang in there. Let the tears roll when needed. It's ok. Then come here for a laugh if you need to. Everyone needs to forget some troubles and be distracted for  a while. Tough times are a test for how tough we are. Stay strong man.

Edited by Ryudo, 28 October 2014 - 09:53 PM.

#8 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:02 AM

Damn, sorry to hear that man.

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

You have my condolences too, man. As I'm sure you can see WUF is there for you, myself included.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

I know how that feels. Lost someone in my family recently too. Best of luck in the recovery process.

I don't even...

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

You have my condolences too, man. As I'm sure you can see WUF is there for you, myself included.

They truly are.

I've occassionally set people off in the past on here, I'm sure we all have, but 99.9% forgive you within 2 weeks.

Also if anyone does bother me on here, Mourn will take care of it. He sometimes gives a little slack but he also kind of upholds the rules with an iron fist. All I'll be getting on the Wii U forum is a good ribbing from time to time, which I am okay with.

People are being really nice about this. Thank you.

#12 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

I'm terribly sorry to hear what happened about your father. You and your family have my condolences. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!