• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

I have to be honest. It was regarded by some as being one of the worst games of all-time, but if they made a remake of it on Wii U and fixed some of the issues, I would buy it for a full $60. Not kidding.

Here are some of the redeeming factors:

1. The remix of All Hail Shadow, by crush40 was better than the original by Magna-Fi in Shadow the Hedgehog, in my opinion.

2. Mephiles made a good villain:

I_m_mephiles_mephiles_the_dark_by_itshel

And had a creepy theme song:

Edited by Porhorse, 07 November 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#2 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

I remember back when I use to always see the game in the discount bin at Walmart.  I was always disappointed that I couldn't play it (because I didn't have a system for it).  This was at a time when I was in love with the Sonic Adventure games and disappointing with the likes of Sonic umm...whatever the Arabian Nights one was.  Later I saw some gameplay and stuff on youtube.  Obviously, we all know that the game had issues, but the overall direction of the gameplay seems to be closer to what I was hoping for in Sonic games than the likes of the Storybook games and the more recent games.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#3 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

stop making threads for like a day please

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

No to everything.

#5 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    FURRIES, Zelda, Mario, Nintendo etc.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

stop making threads for like a day please

It's a legitimate thread which actually contributes to the forum

cropped-cropped-NintyBuzzSmallLogoc2.png

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

It's a legitimate thread which actually contributes to the forum

People are still mad at me about some things, and I don't believe Pan liked Sonic 2006. Give it a few days of me putting more content in my threads and making less of them each day and not bringing up certain old things, and it will die down.

I'd argue that this game is not too much worse than Final Fantasy XIII. Both games are cheap now and some like them, some hate them. But for the price, you won't lose too much.

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:26 PM

The problem with Sonic 06 is because it is nowhere near complete and was rushed out without any effort or real planning.  I might disagree with a few of the stylistic points, like more edgehog the shadow and hyper-realistic eggman, but the game had potential to be pretty damn good. But because they rushed it out in what, 6 or less months? The final product is pretty bad.

At least the soundtrack is great, though.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:40 PM

The other problem with Sonic 06 is a bunch of throwaway bad characters. Beastiality and finished or not the level design was bad. Robotnick was terribly designed.

It had a lot of useless sub mission to get on with the main missions. The game was going to be bad even if it was finished jut woulf have not sucked as much but still sucked.

#9 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

I think the whole beastiality thing was bad. But still, we don't live in a world with talking animals with the intelligence of humans, and many games touch on things like murder that are illegal as well. I do think the line has to be drawn somewhere. But a princess and hedgehog dating could be worse.

#10 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

People are still mad at me about some things, and I don't believe Pan liked Sonic 2006. Give it a few days of me putting more content in my threads and making less of them each day and not bringing up certain old things, and it will die down.

I'd argue that this game is not too much worse than Final Fantasy XIII. Both games are cheap now and some like them, some hate them. But for the price, you won't lose too much.

But that's the past, you have apologised (rather maturely imo) so people should move on

Anywho, I never played Sonic 06 and heard plenty a bad things about it, mainly due to it being rushed. When my friend described to me the scene that links to bestiality... that's a bunch of bollocks... why the hell do you think Bowser constantly kidnaps princess peach... also didn't he technically tell Bowser Jr. that Peach and him made Bowser Jr (I know it's a lie but still lol x3)

But yeah I agree some of the problems can be sorted with a very thorough remake :)

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

I found Shadow the Hedgehog to be a worse game. The gameplay was about on par with Sonic 2006, but the graphics were worse (though they can be redone), and the theme and storyline were honestly worse. Throughout the whole game, Shadow is emo. He finds himself in 2006 and becomes a bit more mentally stable.

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

But that's the past, you have apologised (rather maturely imo) so people should move on

. When my friend described to me the scene that links to bestiality... that's a bunch of bollocks... why the hell do you think Bowser constantly kidnaps princess peach... also didn't he technically tell Bowser Jr. that Peach and him made Bowser Jr (I know it's a lie but still lol x3)

And it's gross. It was from sunshine that Jr claims it's his mom. To me Mario Sunshine is the Sonic 06 of Mario games. It sucks. Well it's not really a bad game just not a good one (sonic 06 is 100% garbage) and that whole part with Bowser jr ruins everything and then Bowser talked and you beat him as he takes a sludge bath. That game was just wrong.

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

One of the most broken games ever XD

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

One of the most broken games ever XD

I still think a really good remake could bring it up to an 8/10. Some don't, though.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

What is the point in remaking it?

Why would SEGA ever want to revisit it when they can just make new games and forget that mess.

#16 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

Why would SEGA ever want to revisit it when they can just make new games and forget that mess.

Money? If they advertise it like "Hey kids! remember that crappy Sonic game we made in '06? well we now made it better, now buy it before we kill you!" x3

And it's gross. It was from sunshine that Jr claims it's his mom. To me Mario Sunshine is the Sonic 06 of Mario games. It sucks. Well it's not really a bad game just not a good one (sonic 06 is 100% garbage) and that whole part with Bowser jr ruins everything and then Bowser talked and you beat him as he takes a sludge bath. That game was just wrong.

How very dare you call one of my favourite games suck x3 though I do agree the voice acting for Bowser Jr was almost as bad as Other M's Samus Aran x3

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

I and a few Youtubers really liked it. Although Sonic Lost World is better, I personally would still rather have a Sonic 2006 remake. The latest Sonics try to be funny, and I just never laugh.

Edited by Porhorse, 07 November 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#18 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

I and a few Youtubers really liked it. Although that Wii U Sonic I forgot the name of with the colored ogres is better, I personally would still rather have a Sonic 2006 remake. The latest Sonics try to be funny, and I just never laugh.

I hated the 'humour' in Lost World... so annoying... cheesier than a bag of cheetos 20 years past its expiry

And was that Black Knight? I played every Wii one other than that one and don't remember coloured ogres in the ones I played... unless they appear later in Colours, I had to return it to rental place after the third world x3

#19 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:32 PM

I hated the 'humour' in Lost World... so annoying... cheesier than a bag of cheetos 20 years past its expiry

And was that Black Knight? I played every Wii one other than that one and don't remember coloured ogres in the ones I played... unless they appear later in Colours, I had to return it to rental place after the third world x3

Lost World has the colored ogres.

#20 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

Lost World has the colored ogres.

Oh the Deadly Six... I missed out the U part when reading x3

I liked it, though it would suddenly stall for a few seconds every once in a while... and voice acting and script was horrid :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!