nintendo fan on how to win next Gen.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

This is one fans take on how Nintendo can win Next Gen(not mine).

Nintendo just needs to expand the audience for its games and release COD, Gears of War and Forza motorsports style games with way better graphics than 360 and PS3. If they have same mature cross-platform games and some hardcore exclusives, along with their ultimate 1st party games (Mario, Zelda, Metroit) then it'll be the ultimate system. If that happens, it's game over for Sony and MS. So all the Nintendo haters, you better pray that Nintendo doesn't have mature games with Wii U because if it does, then the main competitive advantage of PS4 and Xbox720 will all but evaporate, leaving the 3 consoles to compete on 1st party titles only.

In the begining of a console generation, it's all about the price anyway. If Wii U is $399 without killer games, then obviously it won't sell well. Let's wait and see.

What do you guys think?

#2 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

I believe Wii U already has better graphics than 360/PS3, not sure if it's only slightly or greatly. Also, there are already a good amount of 3rd party games like Ghost Recon, Metro: Last Light, Killer Freaks, Battlefield and Assassin's Creed. So Wii U is off to an excellent start.

I can't see a price any more than $400, but $400 or anything under that is acceptable given what Wii U is offering. While Wii U is packing a lot of punch, it won't be over for Sony/Microsoft - they will have to do more to exceed Wii U's expectations, but they will still get business - especially for those who 'refuse' to go to another console other than there own. :)

Posted Image

#3 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well I think that another thing is that the Wii U sales wont really go up until ALL of the next gen counsels come out because I think that all of the hardcore gamers are really looking at Microsoft and Sony because they think that they have something better. Now when they see that the Wii U is much more "Hardcore" they will all flock to it! Also you do have a point there. But I have a good feeling that Sony and Microsoft wont both be kicked out of the race. I think that this may be Sony's last gen in the gaming industry.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

I believe Wii U already has better graphics than 360/PS3, not sure if it's only slightly or greatly. Also, there are already a good amount of 3rd party games like Ghost Recon, Metro: Last Light, Killer Freaks, Battlefield and Assassin's Creed. So Wii U is off to an excellent start.

I can't see a price any more than $400, but $400 or anything under that is acceptable given what Wii U is offering. While Wii U is packing a lot of punch, it won't be over for Sony/Microsoft - they will have to do more to exceed Wii U's expectations, but they will still get business - especially for those who 'refuse' to go to another console other than there own. :)

The Wii U is more powerful then he 360/PS3, the 360/PS3 is native 720p and the Wii U is native 1080p

#5 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

The Wii U is more powerful then he 360/PS3, the 360/PS3 is native 720p and the Wii U is native 1080p

Also read somewhere that Wii U is close to as powerful as you can get on a console. Not sure if that's true or not. :/

Posted Image

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Also read somewhere that Wii U is close to as powerful as you can get on a console. Not sure if that's true or not. :/

On what consoles 360/PS3?.

Edited by Meelow100, 11 January 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#7 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

For the time being which is several years, because they can't go and make 15hundred dollar consoles. So the graphics it's pushing will more then likely be the peak for a while.

#8 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

What the wii u needs to win the next gen is simply more support (which they are garnering) and keeping in step with their present business model. It's called disrupting the market; Reggie gave a lecture about this at his alma mata Cornell University. If they attempt to go with the same game plan as PS and XBox they will find themselves in a wash with the competition. Think back a few generations to the Gamecube era; that system was as hardcore as any other. However nintendo's business model was in ruins and they only cornered 1/3 of the market back then. To stay competitive a company needs to be innovative; GTA is great, but playing it from a different perspective will enhance or better the game play. If gameplay never changes it becomes stagnate THAT is how you win next gen. If gaming companies stay in this quagmire of mature, mature, mature, without any allure, allure, allure then they will eventually be on the outside looking in. So calm down the mature games are coming, but I'll take innovation any day.

#9 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

The games coming to the Wii U and the developers who are interested.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#10 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

The problem is most of Nintendos exclusives are not aimed at the hardcore western audience (mainly FPS's and open world games)

If Nintendo got its own gears of war, it's own halo and was capable of releasing hardcore third party games like GTA V and Red Dead games, etc, plus adding on its own first party games it can succeed.

Nintendo's problem was never that it had weak hardware, the problem was it always had one feature that scared away third parties since the N64. The N64 had way better graphics than the Playstation, but it used cartridges instead of discs, which was more expensive to manufacture and couldn't hold as much data (FF VII was abandoned on the N64 because of this). The GameCube had the hardware to run GTA III and other big franchises but it used minidisc hardware that only held 1.5GB of data instead of the 4.7GB DVDs that the Xbox and ps2 used.

This gen, Nintendo is finally using the same discs (blu-ray like), HD visuals that are almost triple that of the PS3, it has standard buttons for regular games, and a touch screen for the casuals, and also the touchscreen and buttons can be combined to add new ways to play. So they have everything all the competitors have, but they also have a tablet to differentiate themselves from the competition. The only thing that can hold the wii u back with third parties is its online system. Will it be like xbox live and assign gamer tags, or will we have to make new accounts for every third party game that wants to use online?
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#11 Tux

Tux

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

I do think they need to release a new IP or two for the Wii U that are more oriented towards hardcore gamers.

Last generation, they were more focused on developing new casual IPs like WiiFit, WiiMusic, and Nintendogs. Disaster: Day of Crisis was also made, but wasn't a focul point and they also canned Project Hammer. They have the resources to create new IPs, I just hope they focus on the hardcore gamers this time.

I was interested in Disaster: Day of Crisis, unfortunately it wasn't released worldwide. If they could put a top notch developer on a new iteration of it and make it a lot more action oriented, I think it could be a pretty awesome game. The disasters and the aftermath could look amazing with the graphical power of the Wii U. Also making Battalion Wars into a more serious and realistic game, in terms of graphics, could be pretty cool. I know these aren't "new" IPs, but they were never AAA titles and with some serious development they could become must have games.

Edited by Tux, 12 January 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#12 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

POPULAR

More software - and as much of a variety of software as possible - always goes without saying. But trying to tackle Sony and Microsoft by following what they're doing definitely isn't the way forward, considering how much money both companies lost this generation and how relatively few games actually made money on their platforms. Narrowing the market with a lot of divisive 'hardcore' and 'casual' rhetoric pumps up insecure gamers' egos, but it doesn't win generations or create real relevance with the mass market.

We're already seeing a pleasantly surprising amount of major western support pledged now, especially compared to the Wii, now that the Wii U's on a hardware level that the bigger western developers and publishers prefer. Continuing to court the strongest third party support they can pull in all regions is definitely vital, but it's less a matter of focusing on the 'hardcore' as it is a matter of continuing the Wii and DS strategy, like they are with the 3DS - all kinds of games for everyone, all styles of gameplay and every habit. Reggie's already emphasized that they're going to be reaching out to an even wider audience than with the Wii, which is just what we want to be hearing, frankly - it's as Iwata emphasized at E3 last year: 'wider and deeper.' A wider range of experiences for more people than we even saw this past generation, and even deeper and richer experiences of all sorts for all.

We'll undoubtedly continue to see plenty of traditional or 'core' support from Nintendo, with a few more new IPs thrown in there - probably both internally developed and by side developers they own like Monolith, as well as effectively third party studio games that Nintendo publishes, backs, and owns as first party releases, like Mistwalker's The Last Story and Ganbarion's Pandora's Tower - along with plenty of mass market audience or 'casual' titles of all sorts, with some sequels and new IPs there too, plus plenty of things to get the mass market online and keep people going online daily for, to socialize and more. The 3DS is already delivering more on the promise of fresh daily content to look forward to on the system than the DS and Wii did, and it looks like that's only going to continue to improve, while the Wii U should be even more impressive in that regard right out the gate - more social and lifestyle software in general is always a plus. We'll undoubtedly see plenty of 'bridge' games too, which appeal to both the 'core' and mass market audience, much like Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 3D Land, and so on.

Expanding on what they've dominated with is absolutely the right path - after third parties burned themselves with Sony and Microsoft this past generation, it's up to them to get on board with the market leader and get themselves back into more sustainable shape again with proper aggressive support and actual marketing.

#13 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Ponkotsu you've done it again

#14 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

we just need exclusives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#15 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Everytime I see Ponkotsu right something I always get excited because I know it's going to be good!
I can't seem to find any sort of fault at all. Kudos to you!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!