NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

Year's ago, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker director Shinya Hiratake had a dream for a game set in a series of small diorama-like levels where the hero couldn't jump. Instead players moved the camera around the diorama, guiding their hero through a dangerous environment before finding the exit. That hero was, of course, Link.

Before Captain Toad ever made his debut in Super Mario 3D Land, Hiratake dreamed of a game set inside smaller worlds. He had reasoned that if he removed the jumping mechanic from a platformer that he could shrink a game's levels by a significant degree. However, Hiratake figured that this kind of a game wouldn't fit into the Mario universe since most of those characters could jump. The Legend of Zelda's Link however, would be the perfect protagonist for a game like this.

"We must have done too good of a job with our demo," says Hiratake, "because during our presentation, Mr. Miyamoto asked us how we were planning on bringing these dioramas into production. He thought we were pitching him an actual physical product design."

After the release of Super Mario 3D Land, Miyamoto actually approached the team and encouraged them to take the concepts in the Toad Tracker minigame and expand them into a full blown title.

http://www.gameinfor...campaign=buffer

pretty cool how ideas like this form into what we have now.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

I REALLY like Zelda, but I think Toad fits better.

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:57 PM

Yea it's cool how things come together. It reminds me of crush tho. I play that a lot on the psp and there is a few more games like that also. There a real thinker.
And link I don't think of fit as a full game.
Maybe a mini game where the princess is at the end of each stage, but as far as full game I don't see it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

This is really weird XD

Can you imagine if those toad stages in 3D world had Link instead? LOL! :P

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:17 AM

Can you imagine that whole Zelda U reveal, except them showing off Captain Toad (with Link)? That would have been hilarious. 

Edited by Ep0nabot, 15 November 2014 - 03:17 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

I wonder how the game world would be... wait a minute... maybe we will, like, in DLC format for the game.
It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Would be really cool if we got DLC where you exploited that mechanic but in Zelda's world with Link or Zelda; or even in Metroid with Samus - with morphball abilities!

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

"Before Captain Toad ever made his debut in Super Mario 3D Land"

Uh...I thought his debut was in Super Mario Galaxy as the leader of the Toad Brigade?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

Would be really cool if we got DLC where you exploited that mechanic but in Zelda's world with Link or Zelda; or even in Metroid with Samus - with morphball abilities!

That would be really cool, much better than the "Super Smash Kart" DLC.

Stupid Snowmads!

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

Can you imagine that whole Zelda U reveal, except them showing off Captain Toad (with Link)? That would have been hilarious. 

Not adult link, maybe not toon link, but a chibi link would work...

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:52 AM

That would be really cool, much better than the "Super Smash Kart" DLC.

Honestly, as long as it's part of the DLC, i'm ok with it. It might be fun to try out some characters and courses that you'd never play with if not for the DLC.

#11 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

Not adult link, maybe not toon link, but a chibi link would work...

A Link Between Worlds version of Link would be perfect for it.

Edited by Tsuchinoko, 16 November 2014 - 02:04 PM.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

"Before Captain Toad ever made his debut in Super Mario 3D Land"

Uh...I thought his debut was in Super Mario Galaxy as the leader of the Toad Brigade?

Yeah thats true, so I just assume he means playable debut

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

A Link Between Worlds version of Link would be perfect for it.

But a bit more chibi. Maybe if his head accounts for about 40% of his body size.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!