#61 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Check the UPCOMING section for games coming soon. There is no confirmation on Europe's release date, but it is coming both there and in NA. It's coming out 2/2 in NA and for $6.99. Hopefully that helps! ^_^

thank you very much :D
Posted Image

#62 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

Just beat Mutant Mudds 100%~

#63 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Just beat Mutant Mudds 100%~

So now that you finished the game, what's your final opinion on it?
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#64 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

So now that you finished the game, what's your final opinion on it?

Ah yes.. let's see:
  • This game has some awesome difficulty. By that, I don't mean the game is very difficult, but that it provides the right challenges and pacing
  • This game is slow. You can probably already tell from the trailers, but your walking speed does not get any faster. Personally, I think it works pretty well here since rushing through levels is actually a great way to die
  • Speaking of dying, when you unlock the last set of four levels, you'll probably die a lot with the amount of instant death obstacles
  • Late-game (if you collect all the jewels from each level), you get access to a vertical booster. Personally, I feel the power-up is pretty broken, meaning you can bypass a lot of obstacles with some strategic boosting.
  • For the most part, I like the music. It's not as cool as Mighty Switch Force's awesome soundtrack, but it is great to listen to
  • Collecting everything allows you to use a different character. I won't spoil who it is, or what this character can do~
  • The later level designs really emphasize that players take caution before proceeding. The game has several "traps" set up that can get you killed and force you to restart levels. It's frustrating, but I liked it
  • Secret sub-levels are amazing and frustrating. The first two are accessible without power-ups, but the later ones require power-ups to access them. These levels pit you against the worst enemies and a lot of instant death obstacles (spikes especially). Though again, the vertical booster kinda destroys difficulty for a lot of them once obtained.
If you want a numerical rating, I'd give it a 9/10. My only real concern would that some portions of certain levels seem to force you to take damage to progress. Or at least, I haven't found any safe way to get through them without a stroke of luck. A lot of later scenarios really require some quick acting to get through, so if you react slowly, you could potentially die. This is probably the best eShop game to get behind Pushmo.

Edited by Lain, 27 January 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#65 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the review, it was a far more detailed answer than I expected, I will download it as soon as I have the money.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#66 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

I actually want to elaborate on the "trap" part: Basically, the levels are side-scrollers and some enemies are already positioned at certain points, but you can't see them because you haven't moved towards their location. Many times, you have to jump to a platform to the right, to discover an enemy mudd is right there in front of you, so you have to quickly react by shooting it quickly, jumping over it, or taking damage ('cause in some cases, the alternative is death by spikes).

#67 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

OK guys. I've updated the first post to include the 2/2 games.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#68 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Just picked up Sakura Samurai - Will post impressions later~

#69 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Goodness...Sakura Samurai is so fun. @_@

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#70 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

Wait so the eShop was just updated? On my Birthday! :D Hey what games came out?

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#71 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Not much lol.

Just Sakura Samurai, I guess, and so far the game is kinda difficult. I really got to get my timing right with the dodging.

#72 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

EU gets boring 3DSware games this week too... When will we get any awesome games? I hope it's next week.

Edited by Metroid, 02 February 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#73 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

Wait so the eShop was just updated? On my Birthday! :D Hey what games came out?

The first post will answer all of you questions. XD
Posted Image

#74 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Finished Sakura Samurai a while ago, but was a bit busy to post. My impressions so far:
  • The game looks good; I can dig the art direction with this
  • The game is often compared to Punch-Out!!, and I can sorta see why. However, unlike Punch-Out!!, Sakura Samurai is a bit on the slow side, emphasizing on patience and defensive strikes
  • Precision dodging and counter attacks is pretty much the name of the game here - You're also awarded Precision Points for every precise dodge you perform throughout the game. Precision Points have a counter system, adding each point you earn, but if you receive a hit, or have an attack blocked, the counter will return to zero
  • I personally didn't have to use items, so I can't say if they add much at all. There are four basic ones though to help you in battle: Frogs, Food, Sharpeners, and Throwing Knives.
  • Speaking of the sharpener, your sword does dull every time it gets blocked or whenever its used to deflect projectiles. Sharpeners sharpen (duh) your blade in battle, but you can also pay for a sharpen at a local swordsmith
  • The towns are pretty much all the same, so don't expect a lot of variety there (except in the little mini-games). Each town comes with an inn to restore health and save progress, an item shop, and a swordsmith who can increase the strength of your blade and sharpen it.
  • There is no autosave feature here, so you need to return to towns to save. Personally, that wasn't an issue since the world map isn't terribly huge
  • Enemy variety is honestly kinda small, with swordsmen, spearmen, archers, and ninjas being the main classes here. Late game, stronger version appear with some additional attacks, but dodging is mostly the same
  • Bosses are probably the best part of the game so far. There are three of them, and they're all very unique (and difficult) Makes me wish there was a Boss Rush
  • About the battle system - You have two sorts of dodges, those being vertical and horizontal dashes. If you don't want to dash, you can block, but that dulls your blade. Your attacks are pretty straightforward slashes, and when your special meter is up, you can perform a special attack. And you also have a free-run option, which let's you run around the area, but also causes all the enemies to start attacking at once
  • There is an unlockable Expert Mode, which essentially prevents you from increasing max HP, and also strengthens enemy attacks. I assume all attacks will be instant kills late-game because of this.
  • There are also three unlockable "survival modes" which come with their own scoreboards for that arcade-style feel
Overall, I wouldn't put this on par with Pushmo at the moment, but it's a good game that I feel suffers from the lack of variety in enemies. I feel that environments could have been utilized to add more to the battles as well. I do like the RPG aspects of increasing strength, and feel that too should be further developed upon. SO yeah, it's a complete game, but it could definitely be improved

Edited by Lain, 03 February 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#75 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hey should I get Pushmo or Sakura Samurai?

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#76 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Pushmo. More replay value. :)

Sakura Samurai is a very close second place though.

GameZombie44.png

#77 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Pushmo .Sakurai is great, but Pushmo I just find better.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#78 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

I'm looking at getting Sakura Samurai, I watched a video of it on my 3DS. What are your guys opinions on it. Is it a good game and is it worth buying?

Edited by GameCube, 08 February 2012 - 08:05 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#79 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm looking at getting Sakura Samurai, I watched a video of it on my 3DS. What are your guys opinions on it. Is it a good game and is it worth buying?

If you like games in the style of Punch-Out!! with moderate difficulty, you'd like it. After you beat the story mode (which admittedly doesn't take long) there's a New Game+ of sorts, which is basically the super-challenge. You only have 3 hearts throughout the game in New Game+.

GameZombie44.png

#80 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Sorry for not updating. >_< This week has been rough for me.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!