#41 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Sony can make online better without costing them to much, but like I said before, next gen (8th gen) will be so much like 6th gen

and since this looks like what will happen

PlayStation 2 = Wii U
Gamecube = Xbox 720
Xbox = PlayStation 4

in power.

im happy with that, but the graphics gap between ps2 and gamecube was too big, hope that doesnt repeat
Posted Image

#42 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

sony ps4 release date is in 10 months and xbox720 in 4-5 months, their website allready started the countdown (but who cares, I never support sony) lol

I know this information because I am a nintendo and pc gamer.. So I worried about the new gen of consoles, as most of the games are imports, and didnt want to buy new graphic cards with dx11.1 and the next gen consoles with dx12!!!

Edited by Orion, 19 January 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#43 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

im happy with that, but the graphics gap between ps2 and gamecube was too big, hope that doesnt repeat

It wasn't all that big really. The PS2 could run pretty much all the games the Gamecube had, there were only a few Xbox-exclusive ports of late sixth gen PC titles that the PS2 wasn't capable of. So hopefully it'll turn out the same way and Wii U can still get the majority of the big games.

Posted Image

#44 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

sony ps4 release date is in 10 months and xbox720 in 4-5 months, their website allready started the countdown (but who cares, I never support sony) lol

I know this information because I am a nintendo and pc gamer.. So I worried about the new gen of consoles, as most of the games are imports, and didnt want to buy new graphic cards with dx11.1 and the next gen consoles with dx12!!!

I hate to burst your bubble but sony has confirmed on numerous occasions that they are not releasing any ps4 news at e3... so no ps4 in the next 1-2 years... Also microsoft has also stated that they are not releasing any xbox 720 news at e3 2012... soo nothing you said can be confirmed except for fan sites that have a fake count down based on their own personal hunch... please only use hard facts

Posted Image

#45 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

google it, "ps4 release date" and there is also a countdown, just like the xbox 720.. Shall I give you the official ps4 link? but not sure if its allowed. I double checked it an hour ago and it says 10 months, 25 days and few hours.. I am waiting for keplers and also considering the release date of next gen consoles. So I am pretty sure that is going to be directx 11.1 and not 12.. (Even if 12 is leaked already)

The reason I do that, it is a bit stu#d to invest money in new graphic cards, if the next gen consoles support higher graphic systems.

Edited by Orion, 19 January 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#46 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

google it, "ps4 release date" and there is also a countdown, just like the xbox 720.. Shall I give you the official ps4 link? but not sure if its allowed. I double checked it an hour ago and it says 10 months, 25 days and few hours.. I am waiting for keplers and also considering the release date of next gen consoles. So I am pretty sure that is going to be directx 11.1 and not 12.. (Even if 12 is leaked already)

The reason I do that, it is a bit stu#d to invest money in new graphic cards, if the next gen consoles support higher graphic systems.

Hate to say it but...Anyone can make a countdown for something.

#47 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

It says this on the page with the countdown:

"Wii-U isn't really going to compete with with either the Xbox 720 or Playstation 4 as it's clearly not designed for the more hardcore gamers but it still leaves you wondering if they can pull something out of the hat."

I don't trust them.

#48 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

well I am going to buy wii U whatever the power is, as anybody noticed here from my post, I have a power pc for the hardcore things and moding, etc.. But I 've read somewhere that wii U will be a bit more powerfull than ps3. And if thats true, I believe it can hold all hardcore games... powerfull enough. After all it is announced that wiiU will have lots of 3rd companies support.

If thats a fake countdown, they are buggers..

after edit: Other rumors speak about the end of 2014-16 lol.. so I dont think I care much about directx also.. lol so no worries. And others shouldnt care if wiiU will be less powerfull than ps4 of xbox720, because this consoles may delay up to 2-3-4 years! You should care about if wiiU is more powerfull than ps3 and xbox 360. The logical answer is YES because the only leaked information about wiiU is the POWER7 architecture by IBM cpu and the 2 versions of wiiU nintendo is testing! 1 with 768 mb of ram and 1 with 1gb... so yes its more powerfull and we may see better games because of it!!! Ps3 got 256mb or ram and xbox 512, both shared ram and vram.. Wii U is more and better cpu.

Edited by Orion, 19 January 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#49 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

well I am going to buy wii U whatever the power is, as anybody noticed here from my post, I have a power pc for the hardcore things and moding, etc.. But I 've read somewhere that wii U will be a bit more powerfull than ps3. And if thats true, I believe it can hold all hardcore games... powerfull enough. After all it is announced that wiiU will have lots of 3rd companies support.

If thats a fake countdown, anybody know the directx version that ps4 console support?? lol I care about it.. lol

after edit: Other rumors speak about the end of 2016 lol.. so I dont think I care much about directx also.. lol so no worries. And others shouldnt care if wiiU will be less powerfull than ps4 of xbox720, because this consoles may delay up to 2-3-4 years!

It going to be a lot more powerful. Rumored 3 to 5 times more powerful and this falls into the highly likely category.

Edited by Nintendoes, 19 January 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#50 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

It says this on the page with the countdown:

"Wii-U isn't really going to compete with with either the Xbox 720 or Playstation 4 as it's clearly not designed for the more hardcore gamers but it still leaves you wondering if they can pull something out of the hat."

I don't trust them.

That's sure sign on if you should believe it or not... If you can feel the hate then it's probably been written by a fanboy

Posted Image

#51 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#52 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

Lol SEGA would not come back, they don't have enough money. It's incredibly childish to think they'd come back just because they left ages ago. EA or Blizzard or a bunch of other companies are in far better positions to start making consoles.

I agree with that but honestly in this day and age i dont see any 3rd party devs making consoles because they dont have enough money to compete. If anybody it would be someone like google or apple

Posted Image

#53 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

Nobody is good as nintendo and sega, its not good timing for sega though, look whats happening in the world and gaming industry!! Even microsoft failed the first years to introduce a stable and good console. They just served it like an over fried meat... Not like a console and thats what nintendo does, makes good consoles and gameplay. (true or not). The thing that saved the other 2, is the billions in gaming companies to support them, nothing else. But they also achieved to destroy the pc gaming industry with such a moves. It was very aggressive and now pc gamers punish them.

I mean, look the result, pc gamers cannot play a cheap transfer from consoles, because they force you to pay phone bill and internet provider to install the game! So they maintaining restrictions to boost console sales and piracy and they excuse them self’s after, as victims, ironic!! I mean I remember my first pc and my snes, was a totally different thing and balanced. If a game is good, we all going to buy it. But the things they are today, we cannot buy it if we dont pay bills!! good or not.

Now we have to decide, cheap, easy to brake and pricy hardware or an overpowered pc. Nintendo is a different category they built their totally nintendo stuff and excellent quality, customers know that this is a good investment. I would love to see Nintendo, enter aggressively in the market now, because the other 2, need to get their lesson. At the end I am sure gamers will be the winners and those who respect them.
In the other hand, I am not scared as other people do, if wii U will be less powerful than ps4 or ps5.. whatever, The reason I say that is, they need up to 2 - 3 years to balance their console and they loose precius time and money, how about their titles, the same thing goes to microsoft as well... Thats why I said in the beginning of this post, that this 2 big players, invest in over fried meat and not in consoles... They rush to much and they are very aggressive to us!! So at the end, gaming companies will have to comply with gamers and true console leaders...

Sony allready have its problems and microsoft.. Thats my personal opinion...

I have a question, if Wii U going to have an hdd support this time? They speak about 1 gig of shared ram and vram and and aditional half gig ram. But no clue about HDD support, even as external via usb. I hope so..

Edited by Orion, 20 January 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#54 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:14 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#55 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:37 AM

I have a question, if Wii U going to have an hdd support this time? They speak about 1 gig of shared ram and vram and and aditional half gig ram. But no clue about HDD support, even as external via usb. I hope so..

Yes, It has the ability to expand storage with 4 USB 2.0 connectors. Also the onboard memory is 8gb flash memory. Flash is faster and cheaper than HDD, this gives for faster game loading and little to no loading screens!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#56 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

I think it's far too early to be having guesses at the power of consoles that don't exist yet.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#57 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Playstation... what a name; it conjures up mixed emotions. Anyway, I think this time around Sony is going to play the waiting game. Honestly, they have too, as we've all read in Ponkotsu's post, their financial situation puts them in no position to dictate the standard for this generation. This is what happens when a gaming company and a media industry go in cohorts with each other to try and black ball a company that made them famous (do your research if you have no idea what I'm talking about). It's like a school yard bully, they only bully because other kids around them egg them on. Unfortunately, the 'kids' in this case were gaming companies who invested millions on hopes, and now find themselves bankrupt and looking for investors. Also too, I've noticed a trend in certain gaming sites who were exclusively anti-Nintendo; these sites are now seguing to a more balanced view. I have to say it is refreshing to see, however I can't help but wonder when the trend is going to buck. Anyway Playstation is an awesome console, but the last thing they need to focus on is power. If they really want to stay in gaming they need a creative guru, and some innovation.

#58 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

when original playstation came out I did my sin and bought it and also sold my amiga cd32 (remember it??? what a console, i feel sad that I did) it kept a console character in the beginning, my brother also bought xbox 1 and we experienced both machines... The problems started when xbox360 and ps3 came out.. lol They messed up with my pc really bad and I never bought ps3 to be honnest, I did bought xbox360 and I turned it in 5 times (3 ring of deaths and 2 personality flips, my xbox didnt knew that its an xbox)!!! Almost 5-6 years ago.. cant remember..

Since they start to import games in pc and also, all this bad hardware and console fights, I stoped buying them!! I am not buying anymore xbox or sony products..

I still enjoy my beautiful wii more than the others... lol Also when psp came out and they start franchise it as the best product, I reacted by buying ds products to support nintendo, They still work perfect! And I got the first ds that came out.. didnt exchange it with the more beautiful looks model... didnt have to, works perfect..

I experienced the age when squersoft (squarenix) start creating all the FF series and they never released games for a console company, if they didnt have the appropriate number of console users (sega and nintendo fight)!! now its all about " under the table", this magic is lost..

As for Wii U thats great news about the usb, I hope its plug n play without restriction, I mean to attach a hard disk,

Edited by Orion, 20 January 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#59 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

The original Xbox is a good console, the controller was the problem. Microsoft put in the effort to buy one of Apple's best developers, who then created Halo - one of the sole reasons people put up with the controller. By the way I don't think they had that much 3rd party support in the beginning, but I wouldn't know because I missed that generation. And if you counted all the companies in the world there would be millions, but billions is a big stretch.
As for PC gaming, the console manufacturers (including Nintendo) did diminish it somewhat for awhile, but they hardly destroyed it. PC gaming is going strong now, and is becoming more popular in some places (like Europe).

Microsoft had problems getting good third party support with the Xbox, the multiplatform games where mostly going to PS2 and Gamecube. If someone only had an Xbox last gen then they missed out on a lot of amazing games.

#60 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Yeah I originally that since Sony said the PS3 would have a 10 year lifespan meaning PS4 in 2016 that the Wii U would exist for 5 years being the most powerful with the Xbox 720 coming out in 2013 and being about the same in power so when PS4 finally came around Nintendo would be ready with the Wii 3 a year after and have it be more powerful then PS4 and then that would be the set for the next five years. After things could just start leveling with all 3 coming out at the same time and being similar in power. But of course everyone kept no they just they'll support the PS3 for 10 years and that a PS4 will come sooner but with their financial and the PS3 just starting to sell at a profit it doesn't seem like the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!