• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#81 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

The charts shows that Nintendo owns them both with a huge difference, I mean nintendo holds almost the 50% of the gaming console industry and support should not be an issue, I hope that wii U will get all the support it needs by third party companies as well.

There is a game forum that shows overall and weekly sales of its indevidual consoles and the overall one is as follows for the current consoles in the market: Nintendo Wii : 94.7 million consoles, Nintendo 3ds : 15.3 million consoles, xbox360 64.2 million consoles, Sony ps3 61 million consoles, Sony vita : 0.5 million consoles.

So I believe, not the third party but Nintendo should allow this time the third party companies to support it.. lol it looks like this in numbers!! I mean, there the money are!

And to be honnest, maybe the 64 and 61 million consoles in the other 2 companies are a true number, but not an actual true customer number (individuals).. because they die very easy, and if we invest our money to sony or microsoft, and our console dies, we are going to buy a second one! It’s a specific xxx number of customers recycling their consoles.. xbox360 and ps3 dont have at all built quality.. (at least in my personal experience)

Edited by Orion, 22 January 2012 - 08:58 AM.

#82 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

The charts shows that Nintendo owns them both with a huge difference, I mean nintendo holds almost the 50% of the gaming console industry and support should not be an issue, I hope that wii U will get all the support it needs by third party companies as well.

There is a game forum that shows overall and weekly sales of its indevidual consoles and the overall one is as follows for the current consoles in the market: Nintendo Wii : 94.7 million consoles, Nintendo 3ds : 15.3 million consoles, xbox360 64.2 million consoles, Sony ps3 61 million consoles, Sony vita : 0.5 million consoles.

So I believe, not the third party but Nintendo should allow this time the third party companies to support it.. lol it looks like this in numbers!! I mean, there the money are!

And to be honnest, maybe the 64 and 61 million consoles in the other 2 companies are a true number, but not an actual true customer number (individuals).. because they die very easy, and if we invest our money to sony or microsoft, and our console dies, we are going to buy a second one! It’s a specific xxx number of customers recycling their consoles.. xbox360 and ps3 dont have at all built quality.. (at least in my personal experience)

I agree

Edited by Rubix87, 22 January 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#83 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

I agree

you cannot discredit sony and microsoft just because of hard ware failures. they are still unique sales. and though the wii sales are amazing the attachment rate is one of the lowest ever for a home console.

and idk about most but ive had one xbox fail after 4 years and the same ps3 and wii since launch.

#84 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

Alot stronger? NOPE. Abit stronger yah. Sony stated before THEY ARE NOT GOING FOR A POWERHOUSE AGAIN.

Remeber the PS3 launch? $699 for one of them? And then Sony fell flat on their face. Sony did the best with there PS1 and PS2. Since the PS4 will beat the PS3 what your saying is we would get what a $799 system? lolno.

PS4 will be abit better then the Wii U but not significantly. Nextbox or Xbox720 will be the same slightly better since they will come out years later but again nothing significant.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#85 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

you cannot discredit sony and microsoft just because of hard ware failures. they are still unique sales. and though the wii sales are amazing the attachment rate is one of the lowest ever for a home console.

and idk about most but ive had one xbox fail after 4 years and the same ps3 and wii since launch.

I am not discrediting either company. What I am doing is acknowledging the difference between PR perception and reality. Both consoles are good, but people thinking these next gen consoles will be leaps and bounds over their predecessors is just silly. Microsoft and Sony will not invest that much into R&D when the return is iffy at best.

Edited by Rubix87, 26 January 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#86 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

I am not discrediting either company. What I am doing is acknowledging the difference between PR perception and reality. Both consoles are good, but people thinking these next gen consoles will be leaps and bounds over their predecessors is just silly. Microsoft and Sony will not invest that much into R&D when the return is iffy at best.

So what are you expecting exactly? considering all of the consoles this generation use 6-8 year old tech how could we not expect the next gen to be leaps and bounds ahead of what we have. The wii U garden demo already showed what consoles this gen will never be capable of producing, and that was with early dev kits. Not to metion the ps4 is expected to be released at least a year or two later then the Wii u i think its pretty crazy not to expect an major leap people underestimate how fast technology grows.

#87 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'm talking about their R&D

#88 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm talking about their R&D

so do you think the average consumer will pay for a console that is barely capable of producing better graphics than the ps3.

i agree sony and microsoft and even nintendo wont want to waste there money on a low return(thought the return isnt that low). but it is hardly beleivable that these systems wont be leaps and bounds ahead.

If the next gen fails to take advantage of current tech all it will do is push consumers to pc's and the big three will likely lose out to apple and onlive and pc's.

Majority of gamers want to have a reason to buy another system and i think motion tech can only take them so far so they have to show that the next gen is able to do with this one cant

#89 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

so do you think the average consumer will pay for a console that is barely capable of producing better graphics than the ps3.

i agree sony and microsoft and even nintendo wont want to waste there money on a low return(thought the return isnt that low). but it is hardly beleivable that these systems wont be leaps and bounds ahead.

If the next gen fails to take advantage of current tech all it will do is push consumers to pc's and the big three will likely lose out to apple and onlive and pc's.

Majority of gamers want to have a reason to buy another system and i think motion tech can only take them so far so they have to show that the next gen is able to do with this one cant

What I am saying is Sony and Microsoft are not going to invest as heavily in their R&D for their new systems. I've stated this in my initial post. I stated nothing on graphics, I stated nothing on current tech, this is my attempt to make this point clear to you, since it isn't apparently.

Edited by Rubix87, 27 January 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#90 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Before you make that statement you should look at the Wii's sales.
Posted Image

#91 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

What I am saying is Sony and Microsoft are not going to invest as heavily in their R&D for their new systems. I've stated this in my initial post. I stated nothing on graphics, I stated nothing on current tech, this is my attempt to make this point clear to you, since it isn't apparently.

i just agreed with you in my post that you quoted that they wont. i completely understand that

Before you make that statement you should look at the Wii's sales.

the wii was in a very unique situation itself . though i guess the better statement to be made was do you think the average consumer will pay for a console that is barely capable of producing better graphics than the ps3/360 and have a better attachment rate as well.

#92 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

@Mr. Echoes: Reggie of NoA gave a lecture of disruptive media. In it he explains how to change a stagnate market. The wii did this with lower production costs by introducing motion control to the main stream. Sony and Microsoft have to re-evaluate their current business models in order to disrupt the market the way the wii did. A company cannot spend 6 billion dollars on R&D, still repercuss from its financial ramifications, and use the same sales pitch to promote an undifferentiated idea. IF Sony and Microsoft do NOT do something to change the market they will find themselves bankrupt (their gaming divisions). So as you see, nothing I stated was about graphics, or 6-8 year technology. I'm speaking about the two companies business plans. A company cannot do more of the same and survive. I hope that clears any confusion. I tend to say more than intended

Edited by Rubix87, 27 January 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#93 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

I find it funny that a company make a powerful console in one generation and that they will do it again. Sony only did that this generation. So did they do that the past two generations...NO! Nintendo made an non powerhouse console and people were thinking that they will do it again. But did they? Apparently not! It really is a pointless argument because a person just going to buy what they like. If for some reason the PS4 is 2 or 3 times more powerful than the Wii U and the NextBox then so be it. Good for them. I personally am not drawn to power. If you are then that's what you like. If the PS4 isn't this powerhouse that you think then don't be mad. It isn't normal for them to do that.

#94 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

The Playstation 4 will have to be the most powerful if they plan to launch last again. Otherwise, it's nothing special (unless they get creative and make something interesting). I doubt they'll go with the huge loss leader strategy again.

#95 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

I find it funny that a company make a powerful console in one generation and that they will do it again. Sony only did that this generation. So did they do that the past two generations...NO! Nintendo made an non powerhouse console and people were thinking that they will do it again. But did they? Apparently not! It really is a pointless argument because a person just going to buy what they like. If for some reason the PS4 is 2 or 3 times more powerful than the Wii U and the NextBox then so be it. Good for them. I personally am not drawn to power. If you are then that's what you like. If the PS4 isn't this powerhouse that you think then don't be mad. It isn't normal for them to do that.

you do realize that before the wii Nintendo always had at least the second most powerful console and even when they were second they were pretty damn close so it wouldnt be surprising if sony released another powerful console considering theyll probably be last to release next generation again.

#96 Cobiwan

Cobiwan

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

That's true but with the Wii U in 2012, and the nextbox in 2013 it will have technology from.... a set amount of years behind that.
Now add 3 years of better technology, PS4 will likely be quite a bit stronger mainly due to its late launch. (However if the Wii U and Nextbox beat the ps3 into the ground it could come a lot sooner changing things up a bit)

Posted Image

#97 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, SSB

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

A lot of you guys aren't thinking of the big picture here. Sure, if the PS4 launches later than the 720. it will most likely be stronger than the competetion, but DRASTICALLY stronger? No. PSP; lost. PS3; lost. Vita; lost. If you honestly think Sony is going to go with the more powerful hardware than you're mistaken. They wouldn't keep using a strategy that has kept making them LOSE

And let's say the PS4 is drastically more powerful. Than the PS4 will be more expensive than the other consoles, and some devs may not want to support it because the Wii U and 720 have been out for 1-2 years, establishing a huge marketshare.

Buttom line is, Sony will not make the PS4 ultra powerful, and if they do, then they lose. It's as simple as that.
  • Tre likes this
Posted Image

#98 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

A lot of you guys aren't thinking of the big picture here. Sure, if the PS4 launches later than the 720. it will most likely be stronger than the competetion, but DRASTICALLY stronger? No. PSP; lost. PS3; lost. Vita; lost. If you honestly think Sony is going to go with the more powerful hardware than you're mistaken. They wouldn't keep using a strategy that has kept making them LOSE

And let's say the PS4 is drastically more powerful. Than the PS4 will be more expensive than the other consoles, and some devs may not want to support it because the Wii U and 720 have been out for 1-2 years, establishing a huge marketshare.

Buttom line is, Sony will not make the PS4 ultra powerful, and if they do, then they lose. It's as simple as that.

The Vita hasn't come out yet, so you can't say it has lost if the battle hasn't even started.

But yeah, I don't believe there will be a drastic difference, if only because there will be no developmental support for it.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#99 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

It doesn't need to be ultra powerful to be the most powerful. It's unlikely they're going to make an absolute powerhouse of a console, but will it be stronger than Wii U and 720? Probably. Sony will be last to launch again and they are going to take advantage of that by having hardware that's more powerful than competitors, even if only by a small amount. It's hard not to sell consoles at a loss these days, with how powerful the hardware is and with all the multimedia functions that they end up having. The 3DS is being sold at a loss, and the Wii U will be too, so Sony won't exactly be massively behind by selling Vita and PS4 at a loss too.

Posted Image

#100 Cobiwan

Cobiwan

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

But the three systems you just said lost were the strongest.
If it has to do with sales, it's irrelevant to comparing power.
Just because they sold the least of the three/two doesn't really mean it's not a success.

I do kinda agree with the rest of the post and can see something like that happening.
Coming super late sounds pretty risky.

Edited by Cobiwan, 28 January 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!