• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Yeah but that doesnt mean that the casual group is necessarily theirs. We wont be able to know who rightfully owns the casual group until all of the counsels come out. Nintendo is really trying to get the hardcore and thus they wont quite have the time to keep the casual group so they really dont own the casual group. But I am human so I can be wrong.

3rd partys will take care of the hardcore and Nintendo will take care of both the casual and the Nintendo fans.

and the line I bolded is the only part of that I disagree with.

#22 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

3rd partys will take care of the hardcore and Nintendo will take care of both the casual and the Nintendo fans.

and the line I bolded is the only part of that I disagree with.

Well Nintendo's IP are even starting to look more mature. Why is it that the Zelda demo was Twilight Princess styled rather than Toon Link. I think that even the IP's are going to end up more mature. If that is the case I would be rather sad.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#23 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Mario,Pokemon,Zelda,Kid Icarus

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

1. For people saying Nintendo is trying to get Hardcore gamers. They said they want to change casual gamers INTO hardcore gamers(although in teh process, brings harcdore gamers)
2. According to Nintendo's Five Year Plans(excluding NES)(Nintendo is trying to be Stalin :P We just learned about him in History), by the time the PS4 is released(2016) the Wii 3 Would have been announced( which would possibly have better graphics then the PS4)

Well Nintendo's IP are even starting to look more mature. Why is it that the Zelda demo was Twilight Princess styled rather than Toon Link. I think that even the IP's are going to end up more mature. If that is the case I would be rather sad.

I hope Mario doesnt... Although they can go with Realistic Graphics!
YAAAAAAAY for UGLY Grandpa MARIO!!
Posted Image
KID ICARUS UPRISING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

1. For people saying Nintendo is trying to get Hardcore gamers. They said they want to change casual gamers INTO hardcore gamers(although in teh process, brings harcdore gamers)
2. According to Nintendo's Five Year Plans(excluding NES)(Nintendo is trying to be Stalin :P We just learned about him in History), by the time the PS4 is released(2016) the Wii 3 Would have been announced( which would possibly have better graphics then the PS4)

I hope Mario doesnt... Although they can go with Realistic Graphics!
YAAAAAAAY for UGLY Grandpa MARIO!!
Posted Image

WHOA THAT IS UGLY!!!

Posted Image

#25 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

We would also get an ugly link Posted Image

no one wants him around

#26 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

no one wants him around

Well Link was already realistic in the Zelda Wii U graphics demo.

Posted Image

#27 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

Well Link was already realistic in the Zelda Wii U graphics demo.

Not as much as that ugly one. And Link needs to get taller! He is soo short!

going off topic..

#28 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

*Looks at 2000 Space world demo and then looks at Wind Waker*. We are fine.

#29 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

OMG that Link looks gay.

#30 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Sorry but Nintendo is attempting to claim the hardcore and so is Microsoft. The Wii wasnt even supposed to be casual but ended up being casual. The casual industry is still up for claiming.

I beg to differ. Seeing how much money the Kinect is making them, the last thing they would want to do is reshift their focus from the casual market.

no one wants him around

MY EYES!!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#31 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thank you Ponkotsu.

You can't argue with the most factual member of the forums.

Okay this isnt quite a competition but still if you try to make a wide variety that means that they will have to reach into the hardcore area of gaming. This means that their time will be spread apart into allot of the gaming categories. But this means that they havent really claimed the casual group and nor do they own the hardcore. So still my point still stands that the casual group is up for grabs.

I beg to differ. Seeing how much money the Kinect is making them, the last thing they would want to do is reshift their focus from the casual market.

MY EYES!!

Sorry you must have read it wrong I meant that Nintendo AND Microsoft are competing for the hardcore title.

Posted Image

#32 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

I've seen comments from the Sony CTO basically stating that their future plans are still focused on putting out really beefy, cutting edge hardware. Considering how badly that burned them with the PS3 - the biggest financial disaster in the history of the video game industry - and how badly that's working out with the Vita, it's safe to say at this point that Sony's future as a gaming hardware player is rocky to iffy at best.

In simple terms. Too much money equals no casual from Sony. Nintendo releasing Wii U first means very little casual from Mircosoft.

Thanks again Ponkotsu.

#33 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

Sorry you must have read it wrong I meant that Nintendo AND Microsoft are competing for the hardcore title.

Ohh ok. That I do agree with.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#34 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:37 AM

no one wants him around

Sadly, I've seen worse. :wacko:
Posted Image

#35 Adr990

Adr990

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

Um they never said that. They said they want to support PS3 until 2016. That doesn't mean they wont release the PS4 until 2016. It will be like PS2 and PS3 where PS2 was supporting even after the PS3 launched.

True this, I forgot to think like that..

But there is some speculating about the 8th cell processor in the PS3.
Would it really make the PS3 so much more powerful to be a nextgen console.
Everyone would be mind blown, maybe you'd need to pay a little for the update to unlock it, but no need to buy a new console? That would be to awesome to be realistic.

Or it'd unlock a semi PS4 mode, like only the launch PS4 games which ain't running at the fullest power of the PS4, or just at low graphic performance..
But still that'd be way to unrealistic.

#36 Pikachu

Pikachu

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, and Pikmin

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

The PS4 might be better than the WiiU if :
The price isn't so high
They put a little more 'cartoony' games in - everybody knows (well, not everybody, but) that there are sooooo many annoying children in this world

I think that's it.
But the WiiU will win in the end. :D
Posted Image
I'm Pikachu. Pika. Pika.

#37 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

sony is barely a threat anymore, if you want to worry about sony worry about the people who are gonna lose their jobs if sony shuts down :( dont worry about them dishing out another power house console
Posted Image

#38 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

sony is barely a threat anymore, if you want to worry about sony worry about the people who are gonna lose their jobs if sony shuts down :( dont worry about them dishing out another power house console

Yeah Sony knows that if they make another powerhouse like the PS3 was (of course the PS4 will be more powerful then the PS3 but it won't be like this gen) then they destroyed them selfs, the PS4 needs a good price and good games then they will do good. There are so much people that are like "The PS4 will be 10x more stronger then the Wii U because the PS3 was 10x more stronger then the Wii", those people don't know that making a super powerful console cost money and Sony does not have the money to make a billion dollor console like the PS3 was.

Edited by Meelow100, 19 January 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#39 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yeah Sony knows that if they make another powerhouse like the PS3 was (of course the PS4 will be more powerful then the PS3 but it won't be like this gen) then they destroyed them selfs, the PS4 needs a good price and good games then they will do good. There are so much people that are like "The PS4 will be 10x more stronger then the Wii U because the PS3 was 10x more stronger then the Wii", those people don't know that making a super powerful console cost money and Sony does not have the money to make a billion dollor console like the PS3 was.

absolutely, im soo glad that with a lot of persuasion, ive managed to convince people i know that thats not gonna happen. but online, people are harder to convince, its just is so hard to do.
Posted Image

#40 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

absolutely, im soo glad that with a lot of persuasion, ive managed to convince people i know that thats not gonna happen. but online, people are harder to convince, its just is so hard to do.

Sony can make online better without costing them to much, but like I said before, next gen (8th gen) will be so much like 6th gen

and since this looks like what will happen

PlayStation 2 = Wii U
Gamecube = Xbox 720
Xbox = PlayStation 4

in power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!