• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

I love and respect Nintendo. But lately I have been a bit burnt out and disappointed. I'm looking at Captain Toad, and also NES Remix, which I somehow misled myself into thinking was full original games.

I'm on some new medicine prescribed by the doctor and it has brought me back to a time I thought long lost. Of being a bit of a Sony fan, and playing instead of collecting.

I'll cut to the chase though. I traded my 2DS and Wii U with over 8 games, for a PlayStation Vita, 9 games, a memory card, and a case.

This is the second time I have traded Wii U. I'm just kind of a trader at heart, among other things, I guess. If a system wrongs me too many times, I trade it and get something else for awhile.

Now I'm not going to say Nintendo is bad. They still deserve a lot of credit. But I have my reasons. Like, sometimes I don't feel well and want to play a game from my bedside. Well it's just really hard to bring the Wii U and TV to me and do that. And PlayStation Vita offers a more console like experience than the 2DS, these days especially.

I don't feel like I have to tell you guys everything I do, but I'm not going to intentionally withhold information about what system I'm using on a gaming website of friends, either.

So here's what I got:

Vita Slim
32GB memory card
Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
PlayStation Battle Royale
That new Dynasty Warriors 8 with the really long name
Street Fighter x Tekken
Blazblue, that new one
MLB 14
Dead or Alive 5+
Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster
Disgaea 4

Edited by Sorceror12, 28 December 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

POPULAR

Something tells me you will have your third Wii u in 2015
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:11 PM

Something tells me you will have your third Wii u in 2015

I love you too.

And probably.

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:11 PM

I got a vita for Xmas but would feel lost without something nintendo. Add me sorcerer12 .
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

K, when I get internet on the Vita, I will add you. I might see if my cell phone's internet can sync.

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

I love you too.

And probably.

Lol sony battle royale XD

I like to call it "A poor man's smash bros" personally lol.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

IMG_20141228_222511112_zpssalgvx55.jpg

#8 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

As long as your content with your purchase, more power to ya! *goes back to playing my 3DS happily*

2lvmghw.png

#9 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

As long as your content with your purchase, more power to ya! *goes back to playing my 3DS happily*

It's funnier to have a personal vendetta against me, though. And to pound your chest in rage.

I mean thanks.

#10 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

Lol OK

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

Funny thing is, this is actually my second Vita. Got tired of having the dark blotches that AMOLED everyone loves is known to have.

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

Why...What....

What.

I have zero words to display how Boneheaded of a move I think this. You sold systems you LITERALLY JUST GOT AGAIN(I recall you getting the 2DS Like..2 months ago) For a system that is deader then a doorknob, and when you do buy said system, you don't buy the two necessities to get the most out of it(PS+ and a Decent sized Mem Card). Instead, you buy the worst FF Remake,  several fighting games, and a sports game, because WHY NOT.

If anything, you're going to sell the Vita in Marchish, then buy yet another 3DS/Wii U because they've caught your fancy again. Something could be said about the fact that you sell systems after they're no longer "useful" for less then you bought them and that you always complain about how you don't have enough money.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#13 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

The Vita has life. I owned one when it first came out and games and game selection was horrible. Now it's better.

I'm not going to make potshots at you, though, and about the 2DS/3DS. Why make them at me? Oh well though.

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

The Vita has life. I owned one when it first came out and games and game selection was horrible. Now it's better.

I'm not going to make potshots at you, though, and about the 2DS/3DS. Why make them at me? Oh well though.

No, the Vita does not have life. Of the 3 Games that Sony tried to hype up for Vita this year, 1 was a port, one was an enhanced version, and the other was Freedom Wars. Sony has abandoned the system in the west minus indie games, and indies, while I love them, I can get 95% of the games for cheaper on PC.

They literally do not give a crap about the Vita, as they have shown numerous times over with game ports, release dates, the whole PSN Vita Bullcrap that happened, the fact that the biggest Vita News coming out of PSX was that we were getting a niche PS1 JRPG on Vita. That would be like Nintendo coming out at E3 and going "Guys, our big 3DS Game for 2015 is "Perfect Dark". " Not remastered, not improved, the same game as on N64.

If Sony can't be bothered to care for their system, why the hell should anyone?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

Welp, enjoy your Pokemon on your N64 with 3D ability, Shovel.

I mean, take 3DS for instance. It has a great library, but the graphics often leave much to be desired. And Nintendo expects people to buy a new one to play Wii 1 games in 3D? What year is this?

I'm afraid many of your points will fall on deaf ears as I play great time passers like Tales.

Now my biggest mistake was trading the Wii U. It's a pretty mean system when you factor in Bayonetta. But selling a Wii U isn't destroying your long lost puppy either.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

Try out gravity rush and tear away.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

Try out gravity rush and tear away.

Gravity rush is good. I finished it the first time I had a vita. :)

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

K see ya next week when you sold this for a toaster then the week after that a Wii U again. Then a Vacuum with shiny buttons.

I need a new Vacuum myself.

#19 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:43 PM

Welp, enjoy your Pokemon on your N64 with 3D ability, Shovel.

I mean, take 3DS for instance. It has a great library, but the graphics often leave much to be desired. And Nintendo expects people to buy a new one to play Wii 1 games in 3D? What year is this?

I'm afraid many of your points will fall on deaf ears as I play great time passers like Tales.

Now my biggest mistake was trading the Wii U. It's a pretty mean system when you factor in Bayonetta. But selling a Wii U isn't destroying your long lost puppy either.

When the hell did Pokemon come into this? I'm saying that the Sony has given up on the system. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Also, when the hell did Pokemon come into this? If the Vita had anything even remotely comparable to Pokemon, the system wouldn't be deader then a doorknob. And it's not just Pokemon. Sony couldn't be bothered to get the series that saved the PSP(Monster Hunter).

You seem to think that I'm some person who doesn't own a Vita. I LOVE my Vita, I love the games I have on it(WipEOut 2048, Dragon's Crown, Gravity Rush, LBP Vita, etc) but the system is dead.

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

When someone buys 9 games for a system, and doesn't have anywhere near all of them, I'd argue that it isn't dead. Dead is the Virtual Boy or something.

Although you own a Vita, you aren't exactly its #1 supporter either. There ARE people out there that will support it to the day it dies, and neither of us are one of them.

As for Pokemon, you can forget I mentioned it. I'd rather not go into the reasons here.

At the end of the day, we're just a couple of gamers. Right now I'd like to enjoy Vita.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!