• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

The range of the Face Tracking is less than I thought, but not the improvement when you are in range. When you get that sweet spot, it's exactly how 3D should be. The Amiibo support was something really needed. Smash kind of is a step backward without Amiibo support, in my opinion. This coming from a person who was initially extremely skeptical of Amiibo. Yes I tried an Amiibo, and now I'm hooked. The nub feels weird but not bad.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

POPULAR

How much you selling it for?

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

Mine will be here Tuesday so I'll share my thoughts soon.

LOL Ryudo.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:28 PM

I gotta wait a weekfweek for mines to come but I will for sure let you know what I think.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

Waiting for a different color. Really wish they would have brought out the blue one.

pNgecl.gif

#6 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

so after all the update and waiting, everything transferred except smash bros...so mad right now. was super excited to use the amiibos, and i've lost all that data......crushed
and of course, it wont let me re-download smash bros either, or any of my games for that matter.
tempted to return this and just call it quits on the 3ds...
yes i could call nintendo and maybe they'll get me smash bros back, but all that stuff i unlocked, ready for my amiibos...no way I'm going to put the hours in to get that back.

#7 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

Mine should arrive on Monday, will share if I can bring myself to open it 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

so after all the update and waiting, everything transferred except smash bros...so mad right now. was super excited to use the amiibos, and i've lost all that data......crushedand of course, it wont let me re-download smash bros either, or any of my games for that matter.tempted to return this and just call it quits on the 3ds...yes i could call nintendo and maybe they'll get me smash bros back, but all that stuff i unlocked, ready for my amiibos...no way I'm going to put the hours in to get that back.

Ouch. Hype train derailed. Sorry to hear that!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

I'm waiting for a Xenoblade edition or if the MM one makes a comeback.

So far I'm really loving both Majora's mask and Monster hunter, it's like a gamer's christmas :D

Though, if time in real life went as fast as it does in Majora's mask, we'd all be dead by the time we reach 20...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:21 AM

I'm waiting for a Xenoblade edition or if the MM one makes a comeback.

So far I'm really loving both Majora's mask and Monster hunter, it's like a gamer's christmas :D

Though, if time in real life went as fast as it does in Majora's mask, we'd all be dead by the time we reach 20...

The MM one was on Target briefly yesterday. They seem to always put stock up online when things like that release, same with some amiibos. They are sold out pre-order, then the release date comes and you'll find them off and on the website throughout the day.

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

The MM one was on Target briefly yesterday. They seem to always put stock up online when things like that release, same with some amiibos. They are sold out pre-order, then the release date comes and you'll find them off and on the website throughout the day.

Ah, I just hope I manage to sell my stuff by April so I can get a xenoblade 3DS, I'm sure that I can get a better deal than $80 for my 3DS so screw that :P

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

How much you selling it for?

fark_HCOvuFZ8mNh2v2AWm9d4vGi3tmE.jpg?t=E

#13 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

I got my Black New 3DS yesterday and right away I was impressed with the cool Slate Black look. Fought the system transfer for 2 hours and finally got it going.

The new face tracking feature is a night and day difference, I can play Star Fox 64 in 3D with the Gyro Controls without it getting blurry. I literally play 100% in 3D mode now.

Only used the C-Stick so far for navigating the Home Menu, and for panning the camera around in Majora's Mask 3D, but it's responsive, Even though it's a little akward at first.

Can't wait for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D to see what it can do.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:16 PM

I live in the UK but my red one from Canada is on its way and should be delivered by FedEx tomorrow. I'm kind of concerned about the process of swapping the memory card for a bigger capacity one. I've already purchased a 32GB card. I haven't really read any posts on online forums of people's experiences swapping out the memory card yet. I'm hoping it's not a pain and I won't damage my New 3DS in the process.

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

It's just two screws so as long as you have the right size Phillips it should be fine.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

It's just two screws so as long as you have the right size Phillips it should be fine.

I've prepared for the new console by not only getting the memory card and extra charger to enable the transfer from my current 3DS XL but also got some Nintendo specific screw drivers from Amazon. Undoing the screws is the easy part. It's the lifting off of the back cover I'm concerned about. I've heard it's not exactly straightforward. Nintendo could have made it simpler in my opinion. I guess I will see once I get my new system and do the swap over.

#17 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

Are you getting one or have you?

edit: Mine will be here Tuesday so I'll share my thoughts soon.

this is what happens when you don't read through the thread

Edited by GAMER1984, 15 February 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

I'll be getting a New 3DS XL later this week; I'm selling some things I never use (Gamecube, Supercard DSTWO, some Wii games) plus the Gamestop rebate should cover the cost.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

So.... here are my quick thoughts..

• After reading all the comments here and elsewhere regarding how much better the 3D is now... I have to agree. The comfort zone is much improved and face tracking works excellent.
  • The c stick nub at first touch feels stiff, but quickly I learned how accurate the damn thing is, so you hardly need any movement in it. Nice addition. I also like the extra thumb room designed into the body of the 3ds.
  • Overall UI speed and navigation is speedy and it makes browsing miiverse, opening games, apps a much better experience. I actually want to use miiverse more now as it's not a TASK to load and navigate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!