Photo

New 3ds gets Monadolicious Cover plates. NoA farts on hands and smells fingers.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:29 PM

B-K2Ow9CQAA-xA3.jpg

NoA....
gSB4t6t.gif

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

B-K2Ow9CQAA-xA3.jpg

NoA....
gSB4t6t.gif

Only hope is for a LE... but yeah.... it could have been so much easier. 

The UI system themes are a bit of a tease..... especially if you can't pimp it out 100% with official cover plates...

f522f5df200f4ffc.gif

BTW, here is a response recently from Damon Baker Senior Manager in Marketing and Licensing (NOA)

Yeah (laughs). Look, the face plates are super cool, but we’re a different market. And now we have clear differentiation between those three systems. Before, there was a very limited difference between the 3DS and 3DS XL: other than size. It was the same resolution, same functionality… now, there’s the 2DS, 3DS, and New 3DS XL, all of which have their own functionality and features. The different price points give it a clear message for consumers. The core audience… we weren’t going to win with them on that decision. But we had to think about expanding the user base, we had to be able to market it and make it easy to pick up for consumers.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

Am I the only one who knows what that GIF is from? :3

And yeah... NoA is saying a HUGEEEE "FU" to us...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

We are talking NOA.... nothing else to be said. We need new management in Nintendo all around... but thats just my take.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t...s-thread/page-3

I posted this already

#6 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

I'll probably find a way to import this, it's only like $20 total, so I would have to worry about shipping and website/contact costs.

#7 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

First I was thinking "so, why not just import the plates from Japan". And then "oooh, that's right...". I feel for you Americans.

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:12 AM

http://thewiiu.com/t...s-thread/page-3

I posted this already

Now NA can suffer in two threads.

I'll probably find a way to import this, it's only like $20 total, so I would have to worry about shipping and website/contact costs.

Shipping probably would be another 10 - 20 bucks depending upon the speed/method. It isn't too bad.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

BTW, here is a response recently from Damon Baker Senior Manager in Marketing and Licensing (NOA)

So basically what they're saying is the marketing team knows they're incompetent and they don't want to do their jobs?

Edited by Big Boss, 19 February 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

So basically what they're saying is the marketing team knows they're incompetent and they don't want to do their jobs?

His whole response was confusing really. One should never use confusing speech when trying to add clarity to a situation.

Seems like gobbledigook. Here is what I would do in NA.

• upgrade specs and controls (if possible) in 2DS to match new3ds but of course, no 3D. (clear out all inventory of 2DS so new 2DS is the only one for sale.)
  • clear out all 3ds xl stock, so the only one for sale is new 3dsxl.
  • then.... consider offering new 3ds normal size.

#11 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:21 AM

I think in Europe anyway, the new xl has sold more than new 3ds. Not 100% but most websites etc have low stock on xl, in fact when I traded in my old xl for new xl it was the last one and had quite a few regular versions left.

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

I think we have to conclude that Nintendo's people probably know what sells better (and what is therefore a better long-term business decision) than the small segment of hardcore fans represented by forums like this one. 

Edited by Kokirii, 19 February 2015 - 10:16 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

Shipping probably would be another 10 - 20 bucks depending upon the speed/method. It isn't too bad.

I've imported stuff from Japan before, and if you're lucky, someone like DHL or USPS can charge cheap shipping, unfortunately the speed isn't great.

Or maybe I'll grab one off ebay, someone's bound to order their own bulk in the states and sell it (hopefully not too much though).

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

I see in my magic ball.

There will be people making plates for the New 3ds XL. and people will buy them and unscrew there old one and put on the new one :D

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#15 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

I think we have to conclude that Nintendo's people probably know what sells better (and what is therefore a better long-term business decision) than the small segment of hardcore fans represented by forums like this one. 

I know but I just want to be angry

#16 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

Well, I guess I can just scrap my plan of importing a plate, apparently they're only for the normal sized models and not the XL models.

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:04 PM

Maybe gamestop will offer a le 3dsxl.

#18 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

Eh... I already bought a regular new xl trying to get the Majora model, so it wouldn't really be worth it for me to get an LE...

#19 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

Well, I guess I can just scrap my plan of importing a plate, apparently they're only for the normal sized models and not the XL models.

You might be able to use Decalgirl to make a skin. Hardly the same, especially if you have an LE, but it's something. -shrugs-

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#20 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

I still want to start a Japanese learning group for people who want to 1) learn Japanese and 2) supplement learning by importing Japanese regular size New 3DS's  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!