Photo

Tantalus’ Wii U port will be announced soon for this year, studio’s biggest .

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:16 AM

Never going to happen. Nintendo isn't Microsoft. Nintendo actually owns the code to B2. In order for B2 to come to other consoles it has to be remade and a different game. Like Kamiya said asking for Bayonetta 2 on other consoles may as well ask for Zelda and Mario as well. Sega may own the Bayonetta IP but Nintendo owns Bayonetta 2 code.

The game PS4 and XBO likely going to get is funky barn or some digital game

Anyone think we can get an announcement or at least better hint at GDC this week?

#42 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

My greater concern is that they are apparently porting a Wii U game to the PS4/Xbox One...

Ya see, I'm all for the Wii U getting more games, but losing exclusives?  They'd better not be porting Bayonetta 2 (and btw, that CAN be possible since Sega owns the IP and can publish a port on other systems themselves [obviously outsourcing the port job to a developer like Tantalus] if there is no explicit part of the contract stating that the game will remain Wii U-only indefinitely).

This is much like how Mass Effect, originally published by Microsoft Game Studios, eventually ended up on other platforms through EA buying out Bioware and Bioware owning the IP.

It depends on what kind of publishing contract they had I would assume. Microsoft seems to generally go for the timed exclusive thing much more than complete exclusivity. I don't know if that's what happened with Mass Effect or not but they have done it with a lot of games. Whereas Nintendo don't tend to do that. I didn't look into the figures but I think they invested quite a bit in Bayonetta 2 and you only tend to do that if you've got complete exclusivity.

#43 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:55 AM

Anyone think we can get an announcement or at least better hint at GDC this week?

Hmm... possible. Although I think we will hear something either right before e3, or at e3. 

Racking my brain, I came up with this...

What if Tantalus is working on bringing Pokken Tournament arcade port to the Wii U?

Bandai Namco/ Pokemon Company, not officially announced to be coming to Wii U. Surely it will not be rated M.

Next Gen (AAA). Arcade version is due out this summer in Japan correct? 

How does the time line fit with what we know?

Pokkén Tournament was first teased during a Pokémon Game Show event held in Japan in August 2013, with trademarks for the game filed the same month.[6] It was officially announced on August 26, 2014

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#44 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:18 AM

Pretty sure Nintendo will publish Pokken

#45 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

It's probably sonic boom.

That's probably one of the best guesses of what we're losing I've seen anywhere, lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#46 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

That's probably one of the best guesses of what we're losing I've seen anywhere, lol

I could see this being done to help establish the brand of the cartoon more then anything. Hmm...

Kind of a balancing issue, mediocre game (if that) but an opportunity to use it as a marketing platform for the cartoon with a wider audience able to access the game.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!